Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #85
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Thanks for the reply....that makes perfect sense to this old school carbureted mind
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #86
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

I hate to keep asking what might be stupid questions, but where does all this octane tables and fuse pull situation fit into one of these "tunes"
Old 10-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #87
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
I hate to keep asking what might be stupid questions, but where does all this octane tables and fuse pull situation fit into one of these "tunes"
You will never have to do a fuse pull again.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #88
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #89
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaCamaro View Post
Does anyone here have a configuration file for Livelink that has the PIDs Ted Jannety wants already configured that they would be willing to share?

I am having trouble picking out the ones that are relevent and don't want to to test Ted's patience more than required. Seriously though, Ted is willing to help me with my tune and I don't want to take any more of his time than necessary.

I am sure that I won't be the only one benefiting
powellmachine@sbcglobal.net
Never worry about testing Ted's patience. I test it on a daily basis and so do the rest of the regulars. I was prob gd for about 15 times in three hours this morning. Thats why is here.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #90
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Question, could you provide a tune for a whipple with meth injection? Neither of my local guys have more than a little experience with this car, neither has tuned the TCM.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #91
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
Question, could you provide a tune for a whipple with meth injection? Neither of my local guys have more than a little experience with this car, neither has tuned the TCM.
With Proper data logging and A little Dyno Time I can Nail a tune Remotely.

Ted.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #92
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
With Proper data logging and A little Dyno Time I can Nail a tune Remotely.

Ted.
Let me know when you have time to talk, I'm not to excited about being the practice car for the TCM tune locally, I'd like to do this from you if possible.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #93
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
Let me know when you have time to talk, I'm not to excited about being the practice car for the TCM tune locally, I'd like to do this from you if possible.
Call me now or after 3 pm I am going on the dyno with 2 cars.

Ted.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #94
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
I will say this about Ted and JannettyRacing. Their customer service and commitment to excellence is superb. Even with a pain in the azz, indecisive, customer like me. LOL

CAI, no CAI, credit, DOPE! I changed my mind again, CAI.. LOL

Thanks TED!
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #95
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
I will say this about Ted and JannettyRacing. Their customer service and commitment to excellence is superb. Even with a pain in the azz, indecisive, customer like me. LOL

CAI, no CAI, credit, DOPE! I changed my mind again, CAI.. LOL

Thanks TED!
My Mom always told me Patients is a Virtue, and I live by it.

Ted.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #96
thenaz
Thenaz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS BLK GFX IOI/STRIPE TVS
Thumbs up SCT Tune Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaz View Post
Ted,

After talking to you on Tuesday about the backfiring and flat spots and cutting out during moderate acceleration I did what you said and switched back to the stock spark plugs. The NGK TR-6's were part of the problem along with, I suspect, a loose plug to coil wire connection or two. The car now runs "normal" and sounds awesome through the headers and stock mufflers or when I open the NoWeeds cutouts OMG I still get the check engine light but I,m sure your tune will fix that.

UPS should deliver the SCT Tuner on Friday so after I get it and your tune downloaded I will post the results.

I thank you for the advise and can't wait to get your tune on board.:party0038:
Ted,

I installed your Tune last Saturday along with the MSD Coil/Plug wires and all things now work great together. Power and Torque are up and the engine seems both more tame at idle and with light throttle use but also, more wild as you push her down. Around 2500 rpm in 1st or 2nd, at full throttle the tires break lose, even with traction control on. Sometimes also in 3rd.

You have me tuned near perfect. Love it.

Maggie, Headers with NoWeeds, Cold Air Intake, & Perfect Tune: Priceless!!!

One question though. I read back a few days on this forum topic that another person was mentioning that off throttle deceleration was causing crackling or backfiring a bit and you said that it, the Decel Fuel cut off, can be turned off.
My question is about that.

Is there an advantage or purpose to leaving it on? Does is allow fuel in the cylinders to cool the engine and make it respond quicker when you do get back on the throttle? OR, if you turn it off, which you said can be done easily, will it increase gas mileage if coasting alot? Can it be turned down slightly to help stop the backfiring or is either all on or all off?

Thanks for all you have done for me. You, your knowledge, experience and advise are greatly appreciated.:party0038:

ps.. Chris was a great help also, Thanks Chris

Last edited by thenaz; 10-19-2010 at 01:20 PM.
thenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #97
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaz View Post
Ted,

I installed your Tune last Saturday along with the MSD Coil/Plug wires and all things now work great together. Power and Torque are up and the engine seems both more tame at idle and with light throttle use but also, more wild as you push her down. Around 2500 rpm in 1st or 2nd, at full throttle the tires break lose, even with traction control on. Sometimes also in 3rd.

You have me tuned near perfect. Love it.

Maggie, Headers with NoWeeds, Cold Air Intake, & Perfect Tune: Priceless!!!

One question though. I read back a few days on this forum topic that another person was mentioning that off throttle deceleration was causing crackling or backfiring a bit and you said that it, the Decel Fuel cut off, can be turned off.
My question is about that.

Is there an advantage or purpose to leaving it on? Does is allow fuel in the cylinders to cool the engine and make it respond quicker when you do get back on the throttle? OR, if you turn it off, which you said can be done easily, will it increase gas mileage if coasting alot? Can it be turned down slightly to help stop the backfiring or is either all on or all off?

Thanks for all you have done for me. You, your knowledge, experience and advise are greatly appreciated.:party0038:
Great, Thanks for the Feedback.

Decel Fuel cut off is to save on Gas, the system can be turned off.

Backfiring occurs during the transition from fuel to no fuel and back and when Fresh Air is present in the exhaust due to Very Slight Leaks at the joints.

This is why factory systems are all welded now to minimize leaks and reduce any backfiring.

Keep Your Foot on the Gas and NO Backfiring

If you Want it turned off just shoot me an email tune change request.

But Expect a reduction in fuel mileage for sure. ( how much I don't Know)

Ted.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #98
thenaz
Thenaz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS BLK GFX IOI/STRIPE TVS
Question I'm trying to understand.

So with the "Decel Fuel Cut Off" left "ON", fuel and air get mixed in the exhaust and can backfire. If this system is turned "OFF", there will not be any backfiring but gas mileage will go Down??? Am I understanding this or am I confused?
thenaz is offline   Reply With Quote