Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #15
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
you can try and fit the CTS S/C since its the same engine.

if theres a will theres a way!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #16
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf20 View Post
Is it simply the fact you spent money on a cat-back system you dont want a turbo?
Not to start this debate again but i think in the long run you would be happier if you just absorb the cost upfront and get the turbo rather than the SC, it has more performance capabilities due to being able to bump up the boost easily after the install without retuning and in the long run youll save the money that you spent on the cat-back with the turbo because it gets better mpg's than the SC, and don't you prefer the sound of a BOV to the monotony of a SC

I'm just against the remote mounted turbo in the back. If they could put one in the engine bay or even the mid-mount that RX has I'm not opposed to. I really just don't want it in the back. But the overall fact is I would choose a SC over a turbo if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
I really hope this was a joke.
So do I....
Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #17
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I really don't want to go with the STS because I spent a lot of money on my catback. I just want a damn supercharger. I've done pretty much everything else I can/want to on this motor. The RX twin turbo is awesome but that involves sending my car to Florida for two weeks, which on a DD isn't a great option.

Still waiting on the RX cams too..
I swear if RX or anyone come out with a cam kit I will be loading up my DD onto a shipping truck an send it on its way. Im hoping and praying for some cams too. All my cars in the last 10 years has been all turbocharged cars so I would like to stick with all NA this time around for once.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Were delayed on the cams, but are working on the front-mount SC for the 3.6 and are about 45-60 days out before we can slot in a car to finish & make it ready for release. We would already have released it but we are involved in so many new products that the resources we have get stretched pretty thin. But we are the LLT loving shop for sure!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #19
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Were delayed on the cams, but are working on the front-mount SC for the 3.6 and are about 45-60 days out before we can slot in a car to finish & make it ready for release. We would already have released it but we are involved in so many new products that the resources we have get stretched pretty thin. But we are the LLT loving shop for sure!
When are you guys planning on testing ported intake manifold?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #20
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:

The V6 mustang is getting 475 HP from a Procharger supercharger. And its only $5,100. That is a great deal!

I think a Supercharger will be a great hit for our LLT's especially for that price. Get busy!!!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!

Last edited by Mach; 09-25-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #21
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
The V6 mustang is getting 475 HP from a Procharger supercharger. And its only $5,100. That is a great deal!

I think a Supercharger will be a great hit for our LLT's especially for that price. Get busy!!!
Exactly. That would be a hell of a deal.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I talked to "Maggie" today and only talk but doubt it due to lack of interest. Did mention a std small sc whatever that is, for next year.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #23
Mach

This is the email I got from Procharger:

"I'm just as anxious to get a kit developed for the V6 Camaros as you are.
Unfortunately, nobody has made tuning available for these cars yet. As soon
as HP Tuners, SCT, or Diablo makes tuning available, we'll start
development."

Vince needs to get with these guys!!!

EVERYBODY START WRITING EMAILS TO PROCHARGER!! LETS SHOW THEM THERE IS DEMAND OUT THERE!!

Just Imagine... 475HP!!! for only $5000
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #24
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I just talked to procharger rep and asked about one for the v6 camaro, since there is one for the mustang. She said there have been talks about developing one but they have not made any plans. So if anyone in kansas city wants to give them a call they might need one in the future for development.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #25
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

development."
Lol you posted as I was typing
Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #26
CamaroDreams07

Quote:

development."

Vince needs to get with these guys!!!

EVERYBODY START WRITING EMAILS TO PROCHARGER!! LETS SHOW THEM THERE IS DEMAND OUT THERE!!

Just Imagine... 475HP!!! for only $5000
Did you tell them about Trifecta?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #27
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Did you tell them about Trifecta?
I emailed them back with that info. Waiting for a response. I'll probably hear something tomorrow. I'll keep everyone here posted.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #28
Mach

Procharger wrote:

I’ve read that Trifecta has been able to tune these cars, but until we have something we can ship in the kit such as a hand-held tuner, we’ll be holding off.