Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Exclamation Let me give you a word of CAUTION on Drop shipping / courtesy delivery

Since I have got 5 questions today about this - I am posting MY OPINION here:

The "drop ship" delivery is only as good as the receiving dealer....If they weren't easy to work with to get you a car, don't expect much fun with them delivering a drop shipment. Also, if there are ANY issues with the delivery - damage etc....You now have two dealerships that have to work things out.

A dealer that agree'd to terms before my customers Camaro arrived "way up north" tried to tell my customer they had a $1000 fee that needed to be paid to them before delivery. How do you think that added to the excitment of waiting so long for a camaro?

A "typical" fee for a courtesy delivery is about $250. This covers the time for that dealership to do the paperwork. They are already getting the money from GM for the Service PDI.

I HIGHLY recommend that if you buy out of state with a great dealer, go get your car, or have it trucked to you from that dealer. it will be a much better experience!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Good info Scott. As usual!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
This is good info for those who are new to the process and are considering a drop shipment. For more information, please inquire with your friendly neighborhood CamaroScotty
Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Scotty,

Dont forget if anyone needs a car transported 10 miles or cross country I will set you up with my contact that moved my COPO - out the 100's of cars we have transported noone even comes close to thier quality and service. Think of them as the Camaro Scotty of the transport world.

As well, they only use enclosed transporters and the rates are exceptional - my Camaro was only $1600 cross country enclosed and wrapped.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
Scotty,

Dont forget if anyone needs a car transported 10 miles or cross country I will set you up with my contact that moved my COPO - out the 100's of cars we have transported noone even comes close to thier quality and service. Think of them as the Camaro Scotty of the transport world.

As well, they only use enclosed transporters and the rates are exceptional - my Camaro was only $1600 cross country enclosed and wrapped.
thanks!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Scotty, I agree with you on this! Plus, I wanna MEET my customers and take pictures of them with their cars. That's the best part...being involved in the excitement!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
I wish I could have picked up my camaro in person, but the salesman I'm dealing with at John Sauder is doing very good so far. Car is being shipped to a local dealer that I trust as I am friends with the Internet Sales Manager. Hope all goes well! Costing just over 800 to ship a car from PA to Houston TX.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I also have an opinion on this issue. Drop yourself off at CamaroScotty's dealership, and then pick up the car. Once you have the car, take time to bond with it on the ride home. If the ride is over 1,500 miles, the car is fully broken in. From there, get some American Racing Headers, a full exhaust from Magnaflow, a remote twin turbo system by STS, and a good tune. If you do the scheduling right, you could have all of this done before you get home.

Long story short—try to deal with just one dealership. The odds are that CamaroScotty will be my dealer. Ask around. He's a good guy and has delivered a lot of Camaro5 customers' Camaros.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 01-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
There are many great dealers on this site. I went with the one that had the specific car I wanted. CamaroScotty definitely sounds like a stand up guy.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I HIGHLY recommend that if you buy out of state with a great dealer, go get your car, or have it trucked to you from that dealer. it will be a much better experience!
yep...one of these 2 steps may cost a little time and/or money, but can typically save the hassle of dealing with an unknown.

good info scotty
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Since I have got 5 questions today about this - I am posting MY OPINION here:

The "drop ship" delivery is only as good as the receiving dealer....If they weren't easy to work with to get you a car, don't expect much fun with them delivering a drop shipment. Also, if there are ANY issues with the delivery - damage etc....You now have two dealerships that have to work things out.

A dealer that agree'd to terms before my customers Camaro arrived "way up north" tried to tell my customer they had a $1000 fee that needed to be paid to them before delivery. How do you think that added to the excitment of waiting so long for a camaro?

A "typical" fee for a courtesy delivery is about $250. This covers the time for that dealership to do the paperwork. They are already getting the money from GM for the Service PDI.

How does the process of registration and getting plates for the car to drive out of state work? Say I am purchasing from CT from your dealership and drove the car home.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
Scarlett'sOtherRide

Drives: RJT Like the 67 and 69 before her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
How does the process of registration and getting plates for the car to drive out of state work? Say I am purchasing from CT from your dealership and drove the car home.
Good question.

When ordering time comes for me I am going to see who can get me the best deal. And I will GLADLY fly to the ends of the Earth to pick up my baby, and to meet the dealer that helps make my dream come true.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #13
aqueous blue

Drives: ABM/SS/RS
I agree with Camaro Scotty's words of caution and there are risks invovled with drop shipments, however, the car is being shipped from the Plant to the drop dealer the same way its shipped to any other dealer. I had a great experience with drop shipment. BeckyD did her homework, made many calls and found a good drop dealer. Plus, I intend to use this drop dealer for any dealer service on my car that I may need. At the time of my purchase, I couldn't find an Aqua Blue locally. The thought of driving my new car a bunch of extra miles from a northern receiving dealer, flight ticket or an additional shipment cost from the originating dealer was considered. Hopefully, all the GM dealers are supporting drop shipments, working together as extended families to work GM out of their financial crisis.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #14
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Thats true, but I can name two dealers on this forum that had the recieving dealer try to change the terms of the negotiated deal once the car was about to arrive.

When the receiving dealer then doesn't release the car to the customer who really wants his car, it leaves a sour taste in their mouths. The last thing I want is another dealer ruining the experience. I'm not saying it happens all the time, since I have drop shipped several cars as a last resort, but it has happended more than it should.

Closed Thread