Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Saturn Side-by-Side-by-Side Test drive

I was torn whether to put it into the other cars forum, or here (being a video and all)

But I found a few hilarious Saturn Commmercials

I laughed for at least 10 minutes afterwards. Saturn is really balsy

This is just funny, old- but funny.

There's also one of a Foriegn dealership across the street from Saturn with giant signs and Huge Balloons, you know: buy our cars!
then Saturn just puts the North American Car of the year award in the dealership's window, and waves across the street.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The kitchen sink kills me.

Dragon since you have a a knack for finding old things. Can you try your hardest to find me an old superbowl commercial.

I believe it was '96 or '97 when a new Nissan vehicle was (re)introduced. It was either the Maxima or Altima.

The commercial showed this car leaving the car wash and driving home. Unseen by the driver, there's a 'squadron of pigeons' flying above. The pigeons have leather bomber helmets and goggles with scarves on and radio to themselves that the "target is aquired(I know I spelled that wrong)". The pigeons begin to start plopping trying to hit the car as it turns it's way on a casual drive home from the car wash. The bombs start hitting everything in site, including a buffet table until the punch bowl at the very end of the table almost explodes. Finally the leader of the pigeon begins to dive bomb trying for a kamikaze run. The nissan pulls into thed driveway and into the garage still unaware of anything happening and closes the garage. The pigeon doesn't realize that the garage door is a wall until it's too late.

*insert loud thud here*.

That's most of the commercial, but I hope someone remembers it, and better yet can find it online. There's your homework for the week Dragon.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
Question Heartbeat

Speaking of commercials, I have been looking for video (or even audio!) of the old "Heartbeat of America" commmercials from the 80's. There was one in particular that had an Electric Blue IROC-Z cruising around menacingly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find a copy of these commercials?
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #4
marczsport
GM Forever!

P.S.

Dragon: I love those Saturn commercials! General Motors needs to make ALL of their vehicles at a level where they are not afraid to have a "side-by-side-by-side" comparison with their competitors.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I can't see any of them from work...might have to try again from home.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Here's a clip of all the heartbeat commercials.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The kitchen sink kills me.

Dragon since you have a a knack for finding old things. Can you try your hardest to find me an old superbowl commercial.

I believe it was '96 or '97 when a new Nissan vehicle was (re)introduced. It was either the Maxima or Altima.

The commercial showed this car leaving the car wash and driving home. Unseen by the driver, there's a 'squadron of pigeons' flying above. The pigeons have leather bomber helmets and goggles with scarves on and radio to themselves that the "target is aquired(I know I spelled that wrong)". The pigeons begin to start plopping trying to hit the car as it turns it's way on a casual drive home from the car wash. The bombs start hitting everything in site, including a buffet table until the punch bowl at the very end of the table almost explodes. Finally the leader of the pigeon begins to dive bomb trying for a kamikaze run. The nissan pulls into thed driveway and into the garage still unaware of anything happening and closes the garage. The pigeon doesn't realize that the garage door is a wall until it's too late.

*insert loud thud here*.

That's most of the commercial, but I hope someone remembers it, and better yet can find it online. There's your homework for the week Dragon.

Thanks in advance.

I remember that commercial.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I remember that commercial.
I forgot it takes place in San Francisco. There's coit tower and my office building is in the background!!!

I must have this for my external hdd viewing pleasure! Can someone help me find a way to capture the video clip?

Last edited by Mindz; 07-11-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Do you have Mozilla Firefox? If you do, go here and install this add-on. then go right to the You-tube page the video is on, and click the icon, right click the button it gives you, and save-as. Save as a .flv file. then you'll need to find a flash player. This is the best way I know of without buying anything. If you want I can e-mail you a good Flash player and converter...https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390
Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #10
marczsport
GM Forever!

Heartbeats

Thanks for the videos, Mindz!!