Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #29
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Stuck

I'm still trying to figure out how going to the Used Car Sales Manager is an escalation over the dealership's General Manager.
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #30
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
I have a friend who was a judge and is now back in law practice and he gave me some advice once which stuck with me: "the courts are a nightmare; we make them that way because we don't ever want you to come back. If you can work it out on your own, that's the best route".

It stinks that you have a car with problems but you are not in a strong position because the dealer can pretty easily claim "we didn't know". You have to prove they did and that will be both hard and expensive if this were to get litigated in the courts.

If the used car dealer (which is attached to a Chevy dealer right) is willing to work with you on this, I would try to work with them and chalk it up to experience and a lesson learned.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #31
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
You bought a less than 2 year old vehicle with so many obvious issues- WHY? My
almost 8 year old '10 SS has not one body or interior dent, scratch, wheel scrape,
etc. It's obvious you bought an obviously abused used car.
Sorry for your problem but Like they say "buyer beware"
Old 05-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #32
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I love it when people start these Posts, get Spanked and never show back up to tell us they hired F. Lee Bailey, spent $100,000 to win $3
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #33
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I love it when people start these Posts, get Spanked and never show back up to tell us they hired F. Lee Bailey, spent $100,000 to win $3
And the people who continue to post regardless.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!

Last edited by Avenging Orange; 05-24-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:56 AM   #34
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Is there any update on this?
Old 05-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #35
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Jesus people, why the hell are many of you so hostile? Look back at my previous post - I admitted I made a snap decision and didn't properly vet the car. Many of the outstanding issues are being fixed under warranty, and the other issues are something I am willing to deal with and pay for myself - rotors, brakes, etc. I had some general questions to bounce off fellow Camaro owners regarding the situation, I got some helpful advice here but the majority of the posts here are "OMFG UR AN IDIOT" - I didn't realize I went to 4chan, not Camaro5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEJNG View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how going to the Used Car Sales Manager is an escalation over the dealership's General Manager.
It's not. The GM didn't want to deal with it anymore and passed it off to the used car manager. I didn't really have any control over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I was 'spanked' because I posted about my situation and asked for advice? I talked with a lawyer. They gave me free advice, and I don't plan on hiring an attorney. The questions I asked pertained to Lemon Laws. If you have a question about my situation, ask - don't tell random people you know nothing about that they got 'spanked'. My life doesn't revolve around posting to internet forums in a timely fashion to appease people like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Is there any update on this?
Yes - I already received a check from the dealership. The used car manager is willing to send an additional check once I send him the quote for the bumper.
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #36
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Most of us weren't hostile...just stating facts. You made a mistake...lesson learned.
I think some took offense that you might be trying to hold dealer responsible for your mistake.
Glad you are getting it worked out.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #37
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Definitely glad to see resolution for you. Hopefully the checks are enough for the frustration and what happened, and after all is said and done you are happy with the deal and car.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:57 PM   #38
67-LS1

Drives: 1966 Chevelle
The issue is that you’ll be hard pressed to find a regular attorney that will take the case without payment up front. No contingency case here.
I’d talk to the local District Attorneys office. I worked at a used car dealer before and we sold a car with some issues that we honestly didn’t know about. The local DA said we were the professionals in the equation and should have know. We had to refund the owner the purchase prices, sales taxes, registration, everything.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:36 PM   #39
ssonic2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro ss
Sorry about all the problems you are having with your Camaro. Like most have said. sucks to buy a car during a rain storm and at 9 at night. IMHO it seems like a lot you brought on yourself. The clear car-fax bothers me. I guess it's possible for car-fax to miss one. Doesn't Car Fax offer some type of guarantee for their services? When I bought my 2013 2SS the dealer offered at no charge a 30 day 3 thousand mile warranty. But my stealership is a 5 star dealer. Sorry you had a bad experience fix up your Camaro and happy miles ahead.
ssonic2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:15 AM   #40
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
I’m a lawyer, I am only licensed in Wisconsin. Unless you are in WI I can’t give legal advice. However, I can tell you that every state that I know of has consumer protection laws and lemon laws. Google those for your state and you will likely find the regulations for car dealers and what constitutes a “lemon” in your state.
For instance, in WI it requires a certain number of services on the same issue without a resolution in a certain period of time.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:42 AM   #41
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
I know the legal system is slow but everyone is giving advice for a discussion from 2017 and bumped by what was likely a spammer.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote