Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 04-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Local dealer has 2?

So was heading home after going out to eat with my wife and decided to pull into the local Chevy dealership (Herb Easley Chevrolet in Wichita Falls, TX), they were already closed but I noticed inside the building they had 2 cars that were under a car cover. Having been by there quite a few times, this was something I hadn't seen the last time I drove by there. Leads me to believe that they have 2 Camaros under there and are waiting til the 6th for the unveiling, or whenever their date is for the unveiling. Gonna have to go by on Saturday when they are open just to see what I can try to see.

Herb Easley's website already has one listed on it as well, but no pictures. VIN: 2G1FK1EJ9A9000459

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?

Last edited by lafountain; 04-29-2009 at 08:02 PM.
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
I would be leary of them. When I was looking at pre-ordering I gave them a shot to earn my buisness. They wanted $1000 down, non refundable, and would not commit to MSRP. That place is notorious for not treating people well either.

If you go by there and they have an Orange SS with Black stripes, that is the same care that showed up in the VIN tracking thread. That also means they used their allocations for their own cars (would not surprise me).
4/28 -3300
5/11 - 3400
5/13 - 3800 VIN #9635
6/16- Arrived & Delivered!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan View Post

I don't think I have ever had this much fun in a car...by myself.
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
lafountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty-Six Z View Post
I would be leary of them. When I was looking at pre-ordering I gave them a shot to earn my buisness. They wanted $1000 down, non refundable, and would not commit to MSRP. That place is notorious for not treating people well either.

If you go by there and they have an Orange SS with Black stripes, that is the same care that showed up in the VIN tracking thread. That also means they used their allocations for their own cars (would not surprise me).
I have no interest in ordering from them, when I am ready to order I will be making the drive down to Grapevine to order from Classic. I am just looking forward to actually being able to see the car in person at Herb Easley since they are my local dealer.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
phillip72699
Cams 4 life!

Drives: 2002 Z-28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
I have no interest in ordering from them, when I am ready to order I will be making the drive down to Grapevine to order from Classic. I am just looking forward to actually being able to see the car in person at Herb Easley since they are my local dealer.
What's up fountain..... You can't make the treck up to Grapevine May 6th? Bummer man.....Man I am excited....I haven't been by the dealership to look at the Inferno Cam they have there but will try too...this Saturday....if you go to your local dealership you should see if you can get some pics......
phillip72699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
lafountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip72699 View Post
What's up fountain..... You can't make the treck up to Grapevine May 6th? Bummer man.....Man I am excited....I haven't been by the dealership to look at the Inferno Cam they have there but will try too...this Saturday....if you go to your local dealership you should see if you can get some pics......
Oh trust me when I go, the camera is going with me. As for the Grapevine event on the 6th, since I will be working that day, definitely won't be able to make it. Will be down there on the 9th though, so might swing by and see if anything is still at Classic.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
lafountain

So I went by today after work since they were still open and there were 2 of them both under Camaro Car Covers. I asked a few questions and they decided under the condition of no picture taking to let me see one of them and also they let me sit in one. So we pulled the cover off and let me say this (those that have seen the car already know this) this car is absolutely amazing. It was an Orange 2SS, the other one they didn't let me see was a 2SS/RS. Got to sit in the car and gotta say without a doubt, I will now be getting me one of these cars. Only downside is that Herb Easley Chevrolet wants $2500 over MSRP on custom orders and if it is already on the lot, they want $5000 over. Will be at there event on the 6th though when they do the official unveiling and have their little party though since they are expecting to have a 1LT on the lot as well.

Oh yeah, if you order there will also be a $1000 non-refundable deposit required.

Last edited by lafountain; 04-30-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
PlanoCamaroGuy

Drives: All New Chevy's
Ray Huffines Chevy Plano, Texas...policy

Place an order just like you want it

Put a $1000 fully REFUNDABLE deposit down

Wait for the allocation

Take Delivery

Insert key and smile

Call me
Old 05-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
phillip72699
Cams 4 life!

Drives: 2002 Z-28 Camaro
[QUOTE=lafountain;447487]So I went by today after work since they were still open and there were 2 of them both under Camaro Car Covers. I asked a few questions and they decided under the condition of no picture taking to let me see one of them and also they let me sit in one. So we pulled the cover off and let me say this (those that have seen the car already know this) this car is absolutely amazing. It was an Orange 2SS, the other one they didn't let me see was a 2SS/RS. Got to sit in the car and gotta say without a doubt, I will now be getting me one of these cars. Only downside is that Herb Easley Chevrolet wants $2500 over MSRP on custom orders and if it is already on the lot, they want $5000 over. Will be at there event on the 6th though when they do the official unveiling and have their little party though since they are expecting to have a 1LT on the lot as well.

No picture taking....BOOOO!!! hahaha....just kidding it was worth a shot.... Man that is awesome....my fear is that if I sit in it....I might not get out....just tell them to close the door with me inside and put the cover back over it....at auction guess what...I come with the car!....I would probably get thrown out of it though.....That is cool you got to sit in it though.$2,500 over MSRP or $5,000 if it's on the lot already.... You tell them the economy sucks right now and you will give them MSRP for it...
phillip72699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #9
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Just registered here after reading your thread. I live in Iowa Park and haven't had the chance to stop by. I took the day off and will definitely be there tomorrow with a camera.

This is a little off topic, but Herb Easley is pretty high on all of their vehicles. I'm still happy they got two in though.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote