Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #323
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleotiz View Post
Whats the price gonna be in the US?
No one knows for sure....yet.....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #324
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-soldier View Post
you are saying that the Mustang comes with ESC and the side airbag options. in your chart have you added the Mustang with both of these options? i'm guessing NOT. because the weight that ford suggests for the mustang is for the Mustang that doesn't have both of these options, plus not to mention a smaller engine and no IRS and the size of the car the Camaro is a wider and larger car.
Similiarly, is the weight given by the GM for the Camaro (3870lbs) a figure that includes all options? Though the weight for a Mustang with minimal options is actually as low as 3354lbs.

Either way, I am really waiting for the pricing to come out to make my final decisions.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #325
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleotiz View Post
Whats the price gonna be in the US?
roughly the same as the mustang but a little bit higher
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #326
Frankie

Drives: Pewter 2001 SS M6
I'm trying to keep the faith and hope that the reports of the death of the new Z28 are not offical, even though it kinda sounds like it. So the SS is all we have to go with.

Mindz...apparently the Z28 was suppose to be better than the SS...weird for me too.

I know we can always go aftermarket, and I can get just as dirty as the next guy but I'd like performance that comes with a factory warranty. Besides, the point is, we shouldn't have to go aftermarket.

Can you imagine if they introduced the new Corvette and said "this is it, we'll never make it any faster, feel free to purchase bolt-on parts from GM Performance." A group of villagers would chase after Lutz with pitchforks and torches!

What's the difference between my '01 SS and an '01 Z28? A hood and spoiler, that's about it. Since then, they took the Trail Blazer (an economy SUV) and made the SS package in the same class as a Porche. The Colbalt SS got a turbo.

I thought this was the new way of thinking for GM, really distinguishing the SS package from the other trims, making the SS badge really mean something now. I couldn't wait to see the royal treatment the Camaro SS gets!

If the midrange package has 400 horse, what would they have to do to really put some space between the mid-range and the top of the line...brakes... !?!
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #327
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I thought this was the new way of thinking for GM, really distinguishing the SS package from the other trims, making the SS badge really mean something now. I couldn't wait to see the royal treatment the Camaro SS gets!
Well, the TB goes from what a 5 or 6 cylinder to an LS2 for the SS, the Cobalt goes from NA 4 banger to turbo 4 banger for the SS, the Camaro goes from V6 to LS3 for the SS. What's the problem?
Old 07-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #328
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Well, the TB goes from what a 5 or 6 cylinder to an LS2 for the SS, the Cobalt goes from NA 4 banger to turbo 4 banger for the SS, the Camaro goes from V6 to LS3 for the SS. What's the problem?
actually the cobalt SS is supercharged
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #329
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
actually the cobalt SS is supercharged
The 2008 and on is a TURBO, they changed it, its the same 260 hp turbo found in the Solstice/Sky. The old SC engine did not meet 2008 emission regs. They also did some major improvements to the suspension and handling.
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:20 AM   #330
Cyberstyx

Drives: Seat Leon 1.8 20VT
Send a message via MSN to Cyberstyx
Why ppl keep comparing the Camaro with the Vette? THe SS will cost X money where as the top dog fo a Vette costs double that!

The Camaro was supposed to be available for almost everybody and the option of having a V6 that can cost half the price of the (full extras?) SS is rly a good one. The Vette is supposed to be the best sports model from Chevy, and therefore is priced as one.

I too would like to get the top-top-top dog of the Camaro (that being the Z28 when it 's released after X time) but I don't plan on w8ing forever. If I 'm rdy to get a Camaro and there 's info of the Z28 being released after a year I 'm not w8ing that long. 422HP is a HUGE number, plus you can go performance options from Chevy itself on it whevever you want to, plus after some time it 's released there are bound to ppl offering prerformance upgradek its to turn the Camaro into a rocket on wheels.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:13 PM   #331
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I agree, and I currently own a C3 vette, and it's true about price & prestige.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #332
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
[QUOTE=Mungo;101510]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/[/QUOTE

I really like the orange you have on the Camaro picture. Looks like a hot tahitian orange. NICe
Thanks Mungo, but the guys here at Camaro5 deserve the credit, it is there work. I am hoping that this is close to the inferno orange.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #333
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
Similiarly, is the weight given by the GM for the Camaro (3870lbs) a figure that includes all options? Though the weight for a Mustang with minimal options is actually as low as 3354lbs.

Either way, I am really waiting for the pricing to come out to make my final decisions.

well if you have looked at the The camaro specs all the option I mentioned are standard on Camaro but not on the mustang Mustange doesn't even have some options available
K-soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #334
Aliendude

Drives: 96 Z-28 T-tops
Send a message via AIM to Aliendude Send a message via Yahoo to Aliendude
Update - SS (LS3/L99)

The high-performance Camaro SS is equipped with a powerful 6.2L V8, with a choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The standard manual transmission-equipped models receive the LS3 engine, rated a projected 422 horsepower and 408 lb.-ft. of torque. The LS3 debuted on the 2008 Corvette and uses high-flow cylinder heads based on the Corvette Z06 LS7 engine to enable great low-end torque and high-rpm power. It is paired with a TR6060 six-speed manual transmission.

A new, L99 engine is used on automatic transmission-equipped SS models. It is based on the LS3 and carries all of its high-performance design features, but also includes GM's Active Fuel Management technology. It enables the engine to run on only four cylinders during light-load driving conditions, such as highway cruising. The L99 is rated at a projected 400 horsepower and 395 lb.-ft. of torque and it is matched with a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission with overdrive to deliver an estimated 23 MPG highway1.

CHEVY IS KING!

From [http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi.../?id=cid00018]
Aliendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #335
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
So many whinners, SS is fine with me. The Camaro Z28 and IROC Z were around plenting long for me. I got tired of seeing them everywhere. I PREFER AN SS emblem on my grill anyday. I hope the bowtie on the grill is replaced with an SS on the LS3 SS. NO CAMARO OR BOWTIES, JUST SS, IMO.

The car has 422hp, 23mpg is great. If you want a POS Ford, then go buy one. Many awesome options on the new SS LS3. Huge wheels, brakes, etc.

I hope white is available by June 1 09.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #336
RS

Drives: Toyota Carina ST-195
Интересно сколь будет налог на камарыча в нашей раше!
RS is offline   Reply With Quote