Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-02-2016, 09:57 PM   #1583
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
So I haven't been on the thread for awhile but wanted to share this just in case.

Quick background, I ordered my Colorado about a year ago. Model WT with a V6. Wanted the extra power but all the other stuff didn't matter to me as this was just a daily for me.

Loved the truck when I purchased it then found out quickly about the ECU/TMC shifting issue was present. Look around on forums to see if anyone else had the same issue. Found out right away I wasn't the only one with the problem.

After looking through this thread I heard of a Firmware update that should take care of it. Went to the dealer and talk to my rep and found the ticket regarding the flash.

So they performed the flash, picked up the truck and it felt great. Well a few days later the truck started to fall back to it original configuration and the shifting issue was back.

Over the pass few months I learned to live with it. Using manual mode when I couldn't handle and auto when I would cruise.

Well here's the reason I'm posting again. A few days ago I thought about using the Tow Mode to see if it had any effect on the shifting. Thinking that if it changes the pattern during Towing it might feel different.

4 days later I can say it makes the Truck feel completely different. Shifting when its supposed to. Up shift, down shift, you name it the Truck doesn't even seem it ever had an issue.

If anyone is looking for a quick fix I would try what I'm saying. I really can't believe it's working after dealing with this issue for almost a year. Unbelievable.

I have noticed about 1 less MPG but for the difference in the shifting I'll deal with that any day of the week.

Again try Tow Mode to correct the shifting issue. You might never think something this simple worked.

Dam

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #1584
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post

Again try Tow Mode to correct the shifting issue. You might never think something this simple worked.

Dam

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Good feedback.

So to me this basically proves its all in the tune, and they just do not want to tune it differently to the point of affecting MPG, but at the same time, they are pissing off customers.

This makes me feel a little better honestly. Put it in normal drive for longer trips with cruising, but around town, put it in tow mode.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #1585
KMPrenger

Also,

I wonder when used values on these midsizers will finally come in line with reality?

Out of curiousity, I did a search of used 2015 Colorados/Canyons, crew cab, with 4x4. Cheapest one I could find is 32 - 33K with 8 to 10 thousand miles on them. How in the world can you get that on a used vehicle, when you can buy brand spanking new for 1 or 2K more?

I guess the demand for these things is the cause for that I'm sure, but its still ridiculous.

The Tacoma has been like that for years....used ones going for a very pretty penny. Wonder if the Colorado/Canyon will be the same?

Just for fun I added used 2015 Silverado to my search (same criteria) and you can get used copies of those for cheaper. Not a lot cheaper, but a bit cheaper.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #1586
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Also,

I wonder when used values on these midsizers will finally come in line with reality?

Out of curiousity, I did a search of used 2015 Colorados/Canyons, crew cab, with 4x4. Cheapest one I could find is 32 - 33K with 8 to 10 thousand miles on them. How in the world can you get that on a used vehicle, when you can buy brand spanking new for 1 or 2K more?

I guess the demand for these things is the cause for that I'm sure, but its still ridiculous.

The Tacoma has been like that for years....used ones going for a very pretty penny. Wonder if the Colorado/Canyon will be the same?

Just for fun I added used 2015 Silverado to my search (same criteria) and you can get used copies of those for cheaper. Not a lot cheaper, but a bit cheaper.
You can almost get into a new silverado double cap for 33.

http://www.castlechevycars.com/inven...ukrec7fg353584
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:35 PM   #1587
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
I would like my next vehicle to be a midsize truck, but the insane prices as well as the overall size are turning me off from them. I'm actually looking forward to checking out the new Honda Ridgeline. It actually has pretty much everything I would be looking for in a vehicle.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #1588
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
I would like my next vehicle to be a midsize truck, but the insane prices as well as the overall size are turning me off from them. I'm actually looking forward to checking out the new Honda Ridgeline. It actually has pretty much everything I would be looking for in a vehicle.
I have flip flopped so much on what I want my next vehicle to be lol. The Ridgline would actually suit my "truck" needs. As I have said in almost every thread about trucks, all I need is the bed so I can occasionally haul stuff to/from work, while also being a capable family vehicle. I just can't bring myself to looking at a Ridgeline.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #1589
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I'm looking at either an Acadia All Terrain or a Sierra.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #1590
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
So I haven't been on the thread for awhile but wanted to share this just in case. (...)
Exactly the way my story went.

I mentioned in post #1576 that the tow/haul worked well for me too.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #1591
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I have flip flopped so much on what I want my next vehicle to be lol. The Ridgline would actually suit my "truck" needs. As I have said in almost every thread about trucks, all I need is the bed so I can occasionally haul stuff to/from work, while also being a capable family vehicle. I just can't bring myself to looking at a Ridgeline.
I know the exterior/interior are a little off from what we're used to seeing for trucks, but i think i could get use to them. If the cost is reasonable and MPG for the V6 doesnt blow i'll seriously consider one.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #1592
KMPrenger

I just couldn't do the Ridgeline lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #1593
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Big difference in size. Those numbers may look short on paper but the are big. Especially the width. Way more room in the cab of the Silverado.

I love this truck more than my Camaro guys, seriously. I traded a 2011 Silverado on the Colorado, no stranger to half tons and they have solved every niggly issue I had with my 2011.
Spray in bed liner! Yay, no more stuff sliding around on the slippery assed drop in box liner.
That headlamp, 4x4 and trailer brake controller are all on the left side, up by the vent instead of at the bottom of the dash by your left knee, yay!
Universal home remote and integrated trailer brake controller are not even offered in the Colorado. I wtf'ed at that when I bought it.
Power folding mirrors are nice for parking in my garage and drive through windows
The nav/infotainment system is leap years better than my 2011, identical to the Colorado's though.
Bose stereo sounds great, better than the Bose in my 2011.
The saddle leather interior on the high country edition is jaw dropping gorgeous. Cooled seats yay! I am sick and tired of black leather interiors.
Instrument cluster is killer looking, color lcd is very nice too.
Forward and reverse parking sensors as well as collision alert and lane departure alert.
The dish in the armrest is an induction charger for your smart phone, yay! No more plugging in.
This thing drives very nice, quiet and smooth, they managed to put a bit of growl into the exhaust when you get into it though, something the 2011 5.3's did not have.
I can drive around in 4wd and not even notice the front hubs are locked in. Colorado would barely turn a corner in 4wd.
Anyhoo, the Colorado was the most unrefined vehicle I've owned since my 1978 Mercury Monarch beater wagon. My 1991 Buick century beater wagon was nicer to drive than the Colorado, sheesh. GM missed the boat in my opinion. Wound up hating driving it.
I was 3k upside down on my lease but the dealer ate it and paid it out in full. My Silverado is a 2015, got it for $7500 off sticker and 0% financing.
Insurance on the Silverado is only $5 more a month.
The sunroof on my 2011 has a mesh screen slider that still let a ton of light in when closed, the 2015 has a solid cloth slider, yay.
Sorry to hear that. I really wanted to like this truck. Maybe by the time i'm ready to buy, they'll have ironed out the issues.....

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #1594
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I just couldn't do the Ridgeline lol.
One thousand percent. The new one is aesthetically awful.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #1595
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
FINALLY traded in the Trail Boss Colorado today on a Silverado...

Did put 34k on it in one year. This swap was over due though.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  135.1 KB
Old 09-18-2016, 12:23 AM   #1596
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
What would you all say is the cutoff in terms of "need" between "needing" a Full-Size versus a Mid-Size truck?

You just need more towing/hauling capacity?
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote