Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #1905
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Sweet! Congratulations! What did you all get your degree in Dreams? KJ you are criminology right? Sociology?

I....still have a long way to go, haha.
B.S. Economics, B.S. Finance, M.S. Finance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Thx!

I have a B.S in Forensic Science and B.S in Chemistry and now a M.S in Forensic Science
Dang, you're as crazy as me. Congrats on that, that sounds like a really interesting field.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #1906
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Quote:

I have a B.S in Forensic Science and B.S in Chemistry and now a M.S in Forensic Science

Wow way to go both of you, that's pretty damn fantastic!
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #1907
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

Dang, you're as crazy as me. Congrats on that, that sounds like a really interesting field.
Quote:
Thx!

If domt mind me asking how old are both of you guys? Having three different degrees is impressive and a lot of work but it will pay off.

As of right now I am a B.S IT major and am planning on doing a minor in business to pick up MIS (Management Information Systems) and I might go back and do a Masters in MIS once I finish
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #1908
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Thanks everyone! I'm 23 will be 24 in September.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #1909
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I'm 23 will be 24 in September.
Well that's impressive. I will be 23-24 when I graduate with just my B.S. in IT. Granted my birthday held me back a year in school though.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #1910
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Damn! That's impressive! Congrats to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Well that's impressive. I will be 23-24 when I graduate with just my B.S. in IT. Granted my birthday held me back a year in school though.
O yea that sucks, I was always one of the younger ones in hs since my birthday was so late compared to everyone and almost near the cut off.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #1911
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
If domt mind me asking how old are both of you guys? Having three different degrees is impressive and a lot of work but it will pay off.

As of right now I am a B.S IT major and am planning on doing a minor in business to pick up MIS (Management Information Systems) and I might go back and do a Masters in MIS once I finish
I'm 23 also. Me and KJ might as well be twins I guess I was in the dual M.S. Finance/MBA program but decided after I did the MSF to just call it quits. I was so done with school.

I loved my classes in MIS. They were really interesting.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #1912
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I know it is crazy I have no idea what I am going to do with myself after!....
I know what you'll do. You'll search for a job, and when you finally get one you'll work and work and work and get older, and eventually get a house, and then a family and you'll lose all that free time you think you'll be gaining lol.

But don't worry, its all good!

I graduated in 2006 after working 50+ hrs a week and finishing up my classes as a full time student (13 hours of courses I think) at the same time. Just a B.S. degree in Computer Science, but hell after that I don't know if I could get myself to want to go back to school again lol.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #1913
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
I'm 23 also. Me and KJ might as well be twins I guess I was in the dual M.S. Finance/MBA program but decided after I did the MSF to just call it quits. I was so done with school.

I loved my classes in MIS. They were really interesting.
I was just looking at the MS degree in MIS at my university and it consists of 33 credit hours spread along 2 years. Total cost for the program is 24K.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #1914
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
I was just looking at the MS degree in MIS at my university and it consists of 33 credit hours spread along 2 years. Total cost for the program is 24K.
Do you have to spread it over two years? I always took 18-21 credits/semester to get done faster. I refuse to go to class, so this wasn't really an issue until finals. One time I had 5 finals back to back in a day.

Total cost is 24K, which sucks, yes. But you have to also weigh your future earning potential. I have a buddy who is capped at work right now because they won't promote anyone higher than his position without a Master's, regardless of ability or experience. I'm not really sure how critical a Master's is in MIS, but in finance it's pretty much required unless you just want to do taxes.

Mine was 26K, so at least you saved some over me
Old 05-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #1915
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Man 23 is the common age lol. I'll be 24 in July. Graduated Baylor with a BBA in Marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
IJust a B.S. degree in Computer Science, but hell after that I don't know if I could get myself to want to go back to school again lol.
First semester I was Computer Science and then I said SCREW THAT. Writing code isn't for me.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #1916
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Wow I didn't realize we were all pretty close in age. I'll be 22 on the 9th of this month. And as far as the costs of schooling, it's all an investment granted that there is a job available after graduation. I'm in a Psy.D program and the whole thing costs a lot more than I care to think about but when I'm out, starting salary for my field basically pays off my school in two years max.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #1917
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
all you youngins with these degrees makes me feel stupid
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #1918
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Do you have to spread it over two years? I always took 18-21 credits/semester to get done faster. I refuse to go to class, so this wasn't really an issue until finals. One time I had 5 finals back to back in a day.

Total cost is 24K, which sucks, yes. But you have to also weigh your future earning potential. I have a buddy who is capped at work right now because they won't promote anyone higher than his position without a Master's, regardless of ability or experience. I'm not really sure how critical a Master's is in MIS, but in finance it's pretty much required unless you just want to do taxes.

Mine was 26K, so at least you saved some over me
Well personally I don't like taking that many credit hours since I'm in no big rush. I take about 12 credit hours a semester and I can handle more but choose against it since I do go to every class (haven't missed one all year). Right now my bachelors is paid for by both scholarships and pre paid. When I started high school my dad gave me the deal that he would pay for my under grad and all my expenses so long as I stayed at home and did well in high school. I graduated with a 4.06 last year and have been able to maintain a 4.0 this year in college.

My plan is to do a masters a few years after I enter the work force to see how the masters will benefit me. Right now I am interning in a ISS department and do enjoy it. I am doing some research to see how a masters will impact me in my field. Once I see how it will benefit me I will see if they outweigh the cost (so I guess a semester of macro changed my speech ) and make a decision. I also don't want to attend the same school for my masters as my under grad since that is sometimes looked down upon.