Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-08-2014, 03:06 AM   #141
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Just saw your blower and 108mm throttle body on facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM Performance Facebook
Coming this week from ADM Performance, LS9 Supercharger coming off & the new Magnuson Heartbeat going on. Check out the 108mm throttle body that will be on the Heartbeat compared to the stock 90mm, the 2 of these together are gonna move a serious amount of air which will translate into big horsepower & mountain moving torque!

So Jess are the 108mm throttle bodies available now?
where and how did you end up getting one?
Does the blower come with the snout to suit the 108mm or did you have to get one made up for it?
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #142
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
You can purchase the 108's now. You have to use an adapter until the new snout comes out later this summer.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #143
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
You can purchase the 108's now. You have to use an adapter until the new snout comes out later this summer.
Where from?
Old 06-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #144
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
Where from?
You should send Trackman a PM. He ordered one directly from somewhere in Australia, which would be better for you. There is a place currently selling them out of Texas. If anyone wants more info PM me. I'll share it. The ADM facebook pics are talking about my car. I'm not a facebooker but told the guys at ADM I did not mind them putting photos of my car on there. The guy that bought my LS9 blower had a 108 he tested so it has been run a little. We swapped throttle bodies as part of the sale. I'll have to do the adapter until a new snout is available on the heartbeat.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.

Last edited by jessrayo; 06-12-2015 at 09:26 AM.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #145
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
You should send Trackman a PM. He ordered one directly from somewhere in Australia, which would be better for you. There is a place currently selling them out of Texas. If anyone wants more info PM me. I'll share it. The pics are talking about my car. I'm not a facebooker but told the guys at ADM I did not mind them putting photos of my car on there. The guy that bought my LS9 blower had a 108 he tested so it has been run a little. We swapped throttle bodies as part of the sale. I'll have to do the adapter until a new snout is available on the heartbeat.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 AM   #146
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Any idea Jess when the 108 snout will be available?

Im picking up my heartbeat this week.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #147
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Any idea Jess when the 108 snout will be available?

Im picking up my heartbeat this week.
It could be months. If they are built Australia you might get one a few weeks ahead of us.

Oops. I'm not Jess but know the answer!
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #148
jessrayo
Speed Freak

I'm going to put an update on here for you guys tracking my build. I've had some more problems and I'm just going to throw them out there.

First when my engine was disassembled there was damage to the number 1 piston. The surface had been burned and the residue scored the cylinder walls and damaged the valves in that cylinder. The cylinder could have been bored .010 to remove the scoring but I would have to wait over a month to get custom pistons build in that size so I had the block bored .030 because those pistons were on the shelf. It will now be a 434 ci LS motor. Same with the valves. No valves in stock and over a month before they could be machined and shipped so I ordered a new complete set of Trickflow heads. All the parts are in and assembly is in process.

There is a defect in the supercharger casting from Magnuson and the lower case is hitting the valley cover bolts. ADM has a method to machine everything to make it work but it is not a direct bolt on at this time. It is complicating the install.

My Ron Davis radiator is not expecting to ship until July 10th, they have a huge order backlog.

I'm hoping to see my car running in the next couple of weeks. It will need a complete break in before the dyno but it I will feel better when it is running.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #149
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Good luck with it all!
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #150
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Is it hitting the valley plate because the heads are aftermarket and possibly lower than normal.....i know quite a few cars over here with the heartbeat and no issues like that what so ever.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #151
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
holy shyte!

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #152
on3wego

Drives: 2014 zl1 triple black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I'm going to put an update on here for you guys tracking my build. I've had some more problems and I'm just going to throw them out there.

First when my engine was disassembled there was damage to the number 1 piston. The surface had been burned and the residue scored the cylinder walls and damaged the valves in that cylinder. The cylinder could have been bored .010 to remove the scoring but I would have to wait over a month to get custom pistons build in that size so I had the block bored .030 because those pistons were on the shelf. It will now be a 434 ci LS motor. Same with the valves. No valves in stock and over a month before they could be machined and shipped so I ordered a new complete set of Trickflow heads. All the parts are in and assembly is in process.

There is a defect in the supercharger casting from Magnuson and the lower case is hitting the valley cover bolts. ADM has a method to machine everything to make it work but it is not a direct bolt on at this time. It is complicating the install.

My Ron Davis radiator is not expecting to ship until July 10th, they have a huge order backlog.

I'm hoping to see my car running in the next couple of weeks. It will need a complete break in before the dyno but it I will feel better when it is running.
Hope there not having that problem with my setup
on3wego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #153
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Sucks about the piston... Do you know what caused it?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #154
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Is it hitting the valley plate because the heads are aftermarket and possibly lower than normal.....i know quite a few cars over here with the heartbeat and no issues like that what so ever.
The original models that came out didn't have the problem, just the last production run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3wego View Post
Hope there not having that problem with my setup
Like I said in the original post, ADM already has a work around, it is just more labor intensive for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Sucks about the piston... Do you know what caused it?
The short answer is a lot of nitrous. The more perplexing question is why the number one cylinder and no problem at all in any other cylinder, especially when all the injectors checked good and nitrous is being sprayed pre-blower and in the lid to insure even distribution... We were data logging every run at the mile and for the full run the tune was spot on with the nitrous.

I don't have much experience with nitrous....4 bottles total. But for a while, I'm going to ramp up the duty cycles on the injectors a little more slowly to try to control the heat on the pistons.