Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I just posted this the other day, on a different thread: Please pardon the redundancy if you read it there, but my experience with Allstate is negative enough for me to repeat this story as often as I can, and steer as many as I can away from them.

"Time for my favorite Allstate story: I had Allstate auto insurance for years... paid the same rate every month.

Never had a claim, always faithful with my payments. No issues... ever.

One month, I did NOT receive the bill in the mail. Nonetheless, I still paid my monthly bill... same price, same time. The next month, still no bill in the mail... big deal, I still paid.

On the third month, I called them. They told me, "Oh, we cancelled you two months ago... for not paying."

Turns out, the month they had not sent me a bill, the rate had risen by $2. TWO DOLLARS. And, since I paid short... paid my "usual" amount, not the new- $2- higher- rate, they cancelled me. Didn't notify me, or make any attempt to contact me. They. Just. Canceled. So I drove around, naked- as- a- jaybird- uninsured, for two months. I cannot imagine how great it would have been to have an accident during that time.

Took some time to recover from that, too, because most (perhaps all) insurers penalize you for having any lapses in your insurance over the previous three years, regardless of reason.

The good hands people got my good finger, and will forever. They'll never see another dollar of mine, and I will spread this gospel at any opportunity."
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #16
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post

The good hands people got my good finger, and will forever. They'll never see another dollar of mine, and I will spread this gospel at any opportunity."
not a bit surprised, from my experience they are pretty shady.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #17
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
From MY experience, Allstate started off as saving more money than everyone else for the same coverage, so I dropped State Farm and went Allstate. Then price bump creep set in. Every single year, my insurance kept going up, and up, and up...no real explanation. Now I went back to State Farm. Better service, better prices for the same coverage, and seems more personable. But that just might be my agent.

Reminds me of DirecTV. They get you in the door, then rape you.
Same here. I didn't get to talk to my agent when I paid my premium last week but left a message that we need to talk. Most likely I'll do the same thing as others have done because the car is getting older and the premiums are still going up.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #18
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
We just changed all our insurance (home, motorcycle & all 4 vehicles) to Progressive as our ins with Liberty Mutual just kept going up and we even get a pretty good company discount from our jobs. We gave Liberty a chance to beat them & they came down some on price but Progressive was still several hundred $ per year less so Bye Bye Liberty.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 10-30-2014 at 07:43 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:03 PM   #19
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I've had Allstate for the past 10 years. No increases that everyone else has mentioned. Has gone down a couple times. I bundle home and auto, they put a brand new roof on my 18 year old house last year when we had hail storms and I paid $0. No pro-rate, no ridiculousness. Metro Atlanta. Two cars / two drivers (wife and myself, dependent out of house on own).

My ZL1 is $8 more per month than my 2011 SS was.

Had 1 accident on Allstate (20 year old dependent, not me about 6 years ago), no increases and no issues.

Before Allstate I had Nationwide, they were a pain. My wife had State Farm who royally screwed her when she was in a wreck before we were married (over a decade ago now).
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #20
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Except for motorcycles, my home and vehicles have ALWAYS been insured through USAA.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #21
Pdasterly
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS
stay away from geico, my car was stolen and now my claim is being investigated. Its been
60 days since car got stolen
Pdasterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #22
blakjak55
drinks virgil's

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
USAA; several claims, accidents, tickets, etc. Always have been great to work with and great rates.

I've had Geico, Nationwide, and Progressive as well. No AllState but haven't heard much of anything outside of horror stories; although bad news usually gets a lot more press than good news.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #23
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I have Allstate for home, auto and a umbrella policy and pay only $45 a month for the Camaro, not my daily driver, been pleased with them
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #24
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Insurance is weird. You can have 10 people with the same age, driving record, and credit rating and you'll get different quotes from all of the carriers out there. And then you can call back 6 months later and those same 10 people with get another 10 different quotes. It's just the way it is. I switch all the time to who gives me the best rates every 6 months. I have no loyalty to insurance companies. I'm w/State Farm right now.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #25
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Just got my state farm bills for January renewals...

2010 CTS wagon...rate stands pat.
2010 Camaro SS...rate goes up by $8 every 6 months.
2010 GMC Sierra...rate goes up by $23 every 6 months.
2013 ZL1 Camaro 'vert...rate went up by $11 every 6 months.

Full coverage and low deductible on everything. $84 rate increase per year on "aging" vehicles. But if you add up what I saved under MSRP on all the vehicles (close to $30k), I could put insurance on them at these rates for 10 years and still save money under MSRP.

Wagon is the most expensive at 417 every 6 months. Truck comes in 2nd at 340 every 6 months (and it has the lowest MSRP out of the bunch). ZL1 is now $5 more per month than the 2010 Camaro SS. ????

Insurance is crazy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #26
n116ebo
n116

Drives: 2010 2SS YELLOW TRANSFORMER AUTO
I have had State Farm and Allstate in the past. At some point each of them have pounded me with increases or not telling the truth. Currently on second year with Farmers Ins. house and cars. House insurance is just so-so. Very happy with car insurance. 2000 jeep wrangler, 2010 SS camaro and 2014 enclave. The 3 vehicles total is $466.00 per 6 months. ($250.00 deductible) Hope this is not just the honeymoon phase.
n116ebo is offline   Reply With Quote