Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #141
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
The GXP was better than the last generation 5 series as well. Hopefully we get a straight up head to head of the cars. It doesn't take much to top the current 5 series as BMW went backwards in driving feel.

The thing is that the SS doesn't match up to either Srt8. The core is completely basic compared to the SS and the regular is $6k more correct?

Again, the feel of the Charger SRT8 just doesn't impress me and I LOVE the car. I was going to buy one. Hopefully when Chrysler gets it off the platform they can improve upon the great work they have done.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #142
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
The GXP was better than the last generation 5 series as well. Hopefully we get a straight up head to head of the cars. It doesn't take much to top the current 5 series as BMW went backwards in driving feel.

The thing is that the SS doesn't match up to either Srt8. The core is completely basic compared to the SS and the regular is $6k more correct?

Again, the feel of the Charger SRT8 just doesn't impress me and I LOVE the car. I was going to buy one. Hopefully when Chrysler gets it off the platform they can improve upon the great work they have done.

there is no "core" Charger so to speak, only the Superbee that while it does give up a few options, nav and touchscreen for example can be added back via options to a price very similar to the SS. The prices basically fall that the Superbee is around 2000 cheaper than the SS, SRT8 is roughly 1000 than the SS. Pricing really doesn't get much closer. i really hope you are not insenuatng a Charger R/T which be had pretty well fully loaded for 36k is the competition for the SS........

There is nothing wrong with the LX platform, in fact Maserati's 2 newest cars are based on the LX platform, though with lots of updates. The Chrysler version should pick up some of the these updates for 15 including ditching everything in them that remains of DC. they are also supposed to drop some weight. Rumors are we will be seeing a new smaller RWD platform that will underpin the replacement for the Avenger. that one could be really interesting.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #143
bballr4567

Feeling is just that. You can't test the feeling with numbers. It's just like the Camaro. Numbers say it's awesome but it just doesn't have that feel to me.

As for pricing, I thought that the SRT8 was right below $50k,was wrong on that. Superbee equals core as that is what they called it for a while correct?

People give GM crap for the weight of Zeta yet the LX is much heavier. That is what is wrong with the LX. I really like the car but it's just not that athletic feeling on the back roads in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #144
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Feeling is just that. You can't test the feeling with numbers. It's just like the Camaro. Numbers say it's awesome but it just doesn't have that feel to me.

As for pricing, I thought that the SRT8 was right below $50k,was wrong on that. Superbee equals core as that is what they called it for a while correct?

People give GM crap for the weight of Zeta yet the LX is much heavier. That is what is wrong with the LX. I really like the car but it's just not that athletic feeling on the back roads in my opinion.
Opinion is opinion, but far as what they the cars can actually do, numbers do not lie. Unfortunatly high weights are side effects of the sizes of cars and current safety regulaations. that platform itself isn't really heavier than Zeta, what adds a lot of the weight is the engine, Hemi have Iron Blocks vs the LSX much lighter Aluminum.

There has never been a Charger Core. THere is a CHallenger and a 300 SRT8 core though (300 is still pretty well loaded though). Superbee is kind of like the core in that it aschews the electronic suspension, leather, and nav (maybe a few other tidbits), the Superbee does add things the core does have such as bee specific decals, black spoiler, embroidered seats and you can add nav etc back to it.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #145
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Cant wait to see what the new 2015 Charger SRT8 has in store.... Less than a year to find out now.
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #146
bballr4567

A Mazda Miata is awesome to drive because it has that feel yet its not fast at all. That is really all Im saying about the feel. It not always about the numbers as sales of the Camaro show.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #147
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
The 2009 Challenger srt8 still be selling for 30,000 . I've been watching those very closely the past 3 years . So, I also know that they hold their value good. I love the size of the Challenger , charger and camaro but most ppl want to track car . So , the weight becomes a issue for those ppl. I will miss Dodge and Chevy making challengers , chargers and camaros this size.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #148
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
A Mazda Miata is awesome to drive because it has that feel yet its not fast at all. That is really all Im saying about the feel. It not always about the numbers as sales of the Camaro show.
Does the mustang have a great feel to you?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #149
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The 2009 Challenger srt8 still be selling for 30,000 . I've been watching those very closely the past 3 years . So, I also know that they hold their value good. I love the size of the Challenger , charger and camaro but most ppl want to track car . So , the weight becomes a issue for those ppl. I will miss Dodge and Chevy making challengers , chargers and camaros this size.
Most people just want to say "my car is faster than yours stock". When it comes to members of a vehicle forum they are 1% of actual owners. None of the SRT8 hold their value honestly when bought brand new. If your ever in the market either buy a lightly used SRT8 or buy one that is a left over which automatically kills the deprecation value for you.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #150
bballr4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Does the mustang have a great feel to you?
Nope. The solid rear and pitiful electric steering on the new 5.0 just flat out kills the car for me. Now, I havent been in a '13 that has the new steering modes though. Plus, at my height I cant get in a comfortable driving position.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #151
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
isnt NASCAR using the 2014 SS on the track? what is it, just a revamped Impala? yes, there was a chevy SS a few years ago.

yes, lets bring back the old days of the Chevelle SS.!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #152
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nope. The solid rear and pitiful electric steering on the new 5.0 just flat out kills the car for me. Now, I havent been in a '13 that has the new steering modes though. Plus, at my height I cant get in a comfortable driving position.
Oh , alright ! Just was asking because a lot of ppl seem to say that they feel the best out of the muscle cars.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #153
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Most people just want to say "my car is faster than yours stock". When it comes to members of a vehicle forum they are 1% of actual owners. None of the SRT8 hold their value honestly when bought brand new. If your ever in the market either buy a lightly used SRT8 or buy one that is a left over which automatically kills the deprecation value for you.
Yea, I see a lot of ppl do want the camaro faster from start . I see that it's easy to make a smaller car faster. So , I guess the camaros will need to get to smart car size for ppl to be happy.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #154
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo