Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #141
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Haha, anytime man. I just want to see you be able to switch with no money out of pocket, or possibly even make money off this switch, which is very likely. Also, if Carter doesn't get back to you, text me and I'll give you his cell number. Good luck! I bet you'll easily be able to get these 20" for $800 new now. Who knows, maybe even less.

Also, 2013 will be good stuff for you man. Keep this thread up to date, and take some excellent photos of the car in a bitchin background, and keep submitting for COTW. You deserve it just as much as all the other COTW submitters.

Last edited by TCAT; 01-16-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: b
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #142
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Haha, anytime man. I just want to see you be able to switch with no money out of pocket, or possibly even make money off this switch, which is very likely. Also, if Carter doesn't get back to you, text me and I'll give you his cell number. Good luck! I bet you'll easily be able to get these 20" for $800 new now. Who knows, maybe even less.

Also, 2013 will be good stuff for you man. Keep this thread up to date, and take some excellent photos of the car in a bitchin background, and keep submitting for COTW. You deserve it just as much as all the other COTW submitters.
Thanks man hopefully this year I get it, anyhowbim loving ur new spoiler, I wanted to get in the group buy but didn't have the funds, I think that's all I'm missing for my exterior upgrades, I want the dovetail or the mpd1 spoiler
Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #143
TCAT

Thanks a ton man. I love both of those, as you already know, LOL. You can't go wrong with either in my opinion. There are tons of great options for spoilers, but the two I mentioned are the only ones that catch my eye. It has a NASCAR look to it, yet still smooth and aggressive looking.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #144
Dizzy

Quote:
Thanks a ton man. I love both of those, as you already know, LOL. You can't go wrong with either in my opinion. There are tons of great options for spoilers, but the two I mentioned are the only ones that catch my eye. It has a NASCAR look to it, yet still smooth and aggressive looking.
I figured since my car has an aggressive look I need to complete it with a mean looking spoiler, dude u need to hear my car sounds beast as **** , I think you'll love it, it just sucks, the possibilities are endless I just need the cash,

Yo are you going tomorrow?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #145
TCAT

I bet! I'm psyched to hear it man, and damn proud of what you've done to your car. It looks phenomenal.

I won't be going tomorrow unfortunately. My car has no spoiler on it since I'm taking if down to get it painted, and then a gloss black roof wrap installed as well. It will up and running with it all done in 1-2 weeks though. It's weird seeing my roof with a whole in it since I took off my XM antenna for the wrap, and also no roof side moldings, and holes in my trunk lid. LOL, it's a hoopty.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #146
Dizzy

Quote:
I bet! I'm psyched to hear it man, and damn proud of what you've done to your car. It looks phenomenal.

I won't be going tomorrow unfortunately. My car has no spoiler on it since I'm taking if down to get it painted, and then a gloss black roof wrap installed as well. It will up and running with it all done in 1-2 weeks though. It's weird seeing my roof with a whole in it since I took off my XM antenna for the wrap, and also no roof side moldings, and holes in my trunk lid. LOL, it's a hoopty.
cant wait to see how it looks when its done, its gonna be bitching

on a side note i some new pics enjoy burning some rubber and her experssion just gets me every time, my car sounds amazing
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #147
TCAT

Hahaha hell yeah!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #148
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
I think i'm having Deja Vu, oh yeah, we talked about this today

You're on the right path brotha, and I'll second what Tommy said as I told you today. With our cars, you go one of two ways, show or go. Can you do both, sure, but not 100% GO with 22s. That's why Vettes have 18" fronts & 19" rears, Lambos, Ferraris & Porsches all come with 20" or less. 22s look great, and you can get good performance with them, but when you put 20s back on you realize why they came with the car. Especially when you lower the center of gravity either by lowering springs or coilovers, you'll feel the difference off the line, cornering & braking.

Once I broke the 600 RWHP barrier and had my 22s, the car just didn't feel safe, and I've corner balanced it, have Pedders 32 degree adjustable coilovers, camber plates, and swapped out all bushings, my point being, I have the ability to dial in the suspension. But no matter what I did, all the money spent on suspension was nil and void with the 22s. Once I put on lightweight, performance 20" wheels it really made the car feel as it should and gave me the extra confidence to push it with the handling. Pete from Pedders even said the "ideal" size is 19" for the Camaro, and when Pete speaks people listen. But 20s are not much off.

You just need to decide what look you want to achieve, do you want to stay black, Gunmetal or shiny metal look. Wheels are the one thing that can totally change the look of your car. Keep in mind with Forgestars/Forgelines, they're made to order, so you're looking at 6 to 8 weeks to produce, I know, I was going to go that route, unless the shop happens to have the style you want in stock. Many sites have "Wheel Builders" so you can see what your car would look like with the wheels. So don't rush, put your set up for sale and make a choice based on what you like best.

And you're right, you need to get a rear spoiler......I'm a MPD1 supporter, as I think Eric makes a superior product, with bad ass looks to boot. Just look at the quality, function & fit of your hood.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #149
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I think i'm having Deja Vu, oh yeah, we talked about this today

You're on the right path brotha, and I'll second what Tommy said as I told you today. With our cars, you go one of two ways, show or go. Can you do both, sure, but not 100% GO with 22s. That's why Vettes have 18" fronts & 19" rears, Lambos, Ferraris & Porsches all come with 20" or less. 22s look great, and you can get good performance with them, but when you put 20s back on you realize why they came with the car. Especially when you lower the center of gravity either by lowering springs or coilovers, you'll feel the difference off the line, cornering & braking.

Once I broke the 600 RWHP barrier and had my 22s, the car just didn't feel safe, and I've corner balanced it, have Pedders 32 degree adjustable coilovers, camber plates, and swapped out all bushings, my point being, I have the ability to dial in the suspension. But no matter what I did, all the money spent on suspension was nil and void with the 22s. Once I put on lightweight, performance 20" wheels it really made the car feel as it should and gave me the extra confidence to push it with the handling. Pete from Pedders even said the "ideal" size is 19" for the Camaro, and when Pete speaks people listen. But 20s are not much off.

You just need to decide what look you want to achieve, do you want to stay black, Gunmetal or shiny metal look. Wheels are the one thing that can totally change the look of your car. Keep in mind with Forgestars/Forgelines, they're made to order, so you're looking at 6 to 8 weeks to produce, I know, I was going to go that route, unless the shop happens to have the style you want in stock. Many sites have "Wheel Builders" so you can see what your car would look like with the wheels. So don't rush, put your set up for sale and make a choice based on what you like best.
The worst part about those forgestars for sure is the extreme wait. However, you chose correctly, and purchased the lighter wheels . That how we do shit.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #150
Dizzy

I know man tommy and I where talking about the same thing earlier this week, I didn't know that forgestars took that long to get the wheels, I hit up carter but he hasn't hit me back, so I guess I, gonna have to wait till I get my tax return to get the rims, as for dutches 2year old bday I might put some lights in the engine bay to add more attention there because I know way to well that tommy people go nuts for lights, look at every show we go to, u take the show with the lights , so I figured I might do that or the grill lights, something small and not that expensive, for now at least
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #151
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Dude what a sweet car and thank you for your service cant wait to start rollin with all you guys
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #152
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I know man tommy and I where talking about the same thing earlier this week, I didn't know that forgestars took that long to get the wheels, I hit up carter but he hasn't hit me back, so I guess I, gonna have to wait till I get my tax return to get the rims, as for dutches 2year old bday I might put some lights in the engine bay to add more attention there because I know way to well that tommy people go nuts for lights, look at every show we go to, u take the show with the lights , so I figured I might do that or the grill lights, something small and not that expensive, for now at least
Haha, thanks man. People always love lights at the shows for some reason or another (it's probably the reason I love them too). I'm going to text you Carter's number so you can get in contact with him. It's totally worth it, but also make sure that ModBargains is cool with the transfer before you pay Carter for the gift certificate. Also, happy birthday to your car!! Woohoo! Mine will be 2 years old in May.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #153
TCAT

You guys drove upside down?!! Shit, I miss all the good meets!

In all seriousness, it looks like everyone had a blast. Everyone's car looked amazing, including yours as usual.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #154
Dizzy

First HT meet of the year

good turn out on Saturday, saw acouple ht guys that i havent seen in a while, a nice cruise afterwards to a street where we took over
Attached Images

Tags
2011 camaro 2ss, black camaro ss, dizzy, dutches, socal head turners