Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #5153
DennisfromIowa

Drives: 2012 2LS silver ice metallic V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBeagle View Post
Suspension stuff - l like both pfadt and hotchkis systems. Obviously coil overs alot more
$. Im thinking Hotchkis system. Start with strut tower brace and subframe connector
Brace. Run this year with the chassis braces and then decide next level.
Are you thinking of a stage kit or buying this then that? I was thinking if I didn't go with the Pfadt stage lll then the Hotchkis stage l would be a good start. Any thoughts?
DennisfromIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #5154
DennisfromIowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Gentlemen....

I usually stay out of the regional threads, especially big ones like this....however, several reported posts were difficult to overlook.

Is there a problem I need to help "moderate"?
My answer to your question would be no, we don't need any help.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #5155
NitroBeagle
Member NHRA GoodGuys ICE

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisfromIowa View Post
Are you thinking of a stage kit or buying this then that? I was thinking if I didn't go with the Pfadt stage lll then the Hotchkis stage l would be a good start. Any thoughts?
It would be all hotchkis starting with the chassis braces and eventually to
Stage 3. Just do the braces now then next year finish up the full stage 3 pkg

I
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #5156
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBeagle View Post
It would be all hotchkis starting with the chassis braces and eventually to
Stage 3. Just do the braces now then next year finish up the full stage 3 pkg.
Better get an upgrade to your flux capacitor too or you'll never be able to keep yourself in the current time continuum with all that power and upgrades. We don't need you scaring people back in 1955.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #5157
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Karl Performance just posted my 67 Camaro on the dyno! (And for those that will wonder, the puff of blue on the de-acceleration afterwards is normal when brass seats is used for valves. My motor builder wanted alot of oil lubing them)

Ironic, thats what also Livernois said to me on my 10 Camaro motor build, they wanted the oil up into the supercharger for same reason... at the expense of some add'l HP gains, so why I'm not running a catch can.

Should see ya sunday!
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #5158
DennisfromIowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2s View Post
Karl Performance just posted my 67 Camaro on the dyno! (And for those that will wonder, the puff of blue on the de-acceleration afterwards is normal when brass seats is used for valves. My motor builder wanted alot of oil lubing them)

Ironic, thats what also Livernois said to me on my 10 Camaro motor build, they wanted the oil up into the supercharger for same reason... at the expense of some add'l HP gains, so why I'm not running a catch can.

Should see ya sunday!
Can you post a link because all I find is a red 68 Camaro and I'd like to see your Camaro. Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #5159
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Quote:

Should see ya sunday!
So does running a catch can sap some of the horsepower on a stock engine?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #5160
xtreme2s

Quote:
Can you post a link because all I find is a red 68 Camaro and I'd like to see your Camaro. Thanks

I'm not sure how to pull from the Karl Performance Facebook page. I was able to share it to my Facebook, but yet to understand how to go beyond. Sorry

I did see the red Camaro you are refering about via the Karl Performance YouTube listing, so maybe they yet to post it their?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #5161
xtreme2s

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
So does running a catch can sap some of the horsepower on a stock engine?

The catch can is a mega thread topic. Been long ones

With all of the modifications I did my my 2010 motor....Maggie Blower, throttle body, fuel pump, heads, cam, headers and etc etc, in reading many a thread on the catch can, both with blower cars and not. Many have the catch can installed, including blower cars also.

So at the C5F3, I had my car in the Livernois booth for a day, and asked them how come no can installed on my car? Andy from Livernois replied; " based on what you were doing with your car, and long trips that you have done, the oil that can splash up into the base of the blower will help the rotors for better reliability, but should you want one installed, you will see some add'l horsepower" He said not much and offered no numbers. I also went to the Magneson booth and asked the same question, if I install a TVS2300, should I invest in a catch can? The Magneson person said they like to see some of the oil into the rotor area also for increased life.

Since the reliabilty is higher on my list than extra HP, (dyno when built was 628hp, and dyno at C5F3 in 90 degree heat was 550hp) so I'm playing with enough power is why I don't have one installed.

I will admit, I was really wondering why -but will just trust Livernois that did my motor. Currently over 9000 miles on the build.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #5162
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Quote:
The catch can is a mega thread topic. Been long ones

With all of the modifications I did my my 2010 motor....Maggie Blower, throttle body, fuel pump, heads, cam, headers and etc etc, in reading many a thread on the catch can, both with blower cars and not. Many have the catch can installed, including blower cars also.

So at the C5F3, I had my car in the Livernois booth for a day, and asked them how come no can installed on my car? Andy from Livernois replied; " based on what you were doing with your car, and long trips that you have done, the oil that can splash up into the base of the blower will help the rotors for better reliability, but should you want one installed, you will see some add'l horsepower" He said not much and offered no numbers. I also went to the Magneson booth and asked the same question, if I install a TVS2300, should I invest in a catch can? The Magneson person said they like to see some of the oil into the rotor area also for increased life.

Since the reliabilty is higher on my list than extra HP, (dyno when built was 628hp, and dyno at C5F3 in 90 degree heat was 550hp) so I'm playing with enough power is why I don't have one installed.

I will admit, I was really wondering why -but will just trust Livernois that did my motor. Currently over 9000 miles on the build.
They do know what they're doing, that's for sure.

I may install a catch can on both of mine since they're both stock. It couldn't hurt.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #5163
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Ryan: The show in Monticello is Feb 22nd and 23rd. http://www.rodandcustomcarshow.com/

Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke) is going to be there! I just read the online flyer...I had such a crush on her short cut off jeans when I was 10!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #5164
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
Lol... I was maybe going to reach out about joining you guys. But im afraid my temper is a little short for grown men acting like children. Good luck on your get together!
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #5165
DennisfromIowa

Quote:
I'm not sure how to pull from the Karl Performance Facebook page. I was able to share it to my Facebook, but yet to understand how to go beyond. Sorry

I did see the red Camaro you are refering about via the Karl Performance YouTube listing, so maybe they yet to post it their?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Last edited by DennisfromIowa; 02-07-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: link working
Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #5166
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Quote:
We put the children in time out and have a good time regardless. Don't let this stop you from joining us because it happens every single time we plan something. We just roll with it!!
Rollin rollin rollin, keep them doggies rollin...