Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
200-Mile Procession Planned To Honor Ex-Navy SEAL Chris Kyle

Figured I would post this here for anyone you might be interested in participating.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/07/2...al-chris-kyle/

Quote:
Originally Posted by article from CBS
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - Final arrangements are being made for a public memorial and procession that will honor ex-Navy SEAL Chris Kyle next week.

Kyle’s memorial will be held at Cowboys Stadium on Monday, February 11, at 1:00 p.m. Thousands are expected to attend. Doors for the memorial will open at 11:30 a.m. Lots 1, 2 and 10 will be open for parking, which will be free. No cameras, bags, purses or other substantial handheld items will be allowed inside. The Kyle family is asking that no pictures or video be taken of the ceremony.

On Tuesday morning beginning at 9:00 a.m., a 200-mile procession is planned as Kyle makes his way to his final resting place in Austin.

A Facebook page details the procession, which will travel from Highway 287 East in Midlothian to Interstate-35E South to Austin. Volunteers with the Patriot Guard Riders will lead the procession. Citizens are being asked to line the route. Kyle will be laid to rest at the Texas State Cemetery.

Meanwhile, a visitation for 35-year-old Chad Littlefield was held Thursday night at the Midlothian Funeral Home. Funeral services for Littlefield are on Friday at Mount Zion Cemetery. He is survived by his wife and daughter.

A released preliminary autopsy report officially shows that Kyle and Littlefield died from multiple gun shot wounds. The man accused of killing them, 25-year-old Eddie Routh, has so far refused to speak with family or legal counsel. His attorney, Warren St. John, said that he expects to get a complete mental evaluation of his client. “He’s very distraught over the circumstance. He’s confused over the circumstance,” said St. John. “When I went to see him earlier this week, he wasn’t feeling well and he didn’t come out to talk to us, nor did he talk to his family who was there.”

Kyle and Littlefield were said to be trying to help Routh, who was reportedly struggling with post traumatic stress disorder. Littlefield was Kyle’s friend, neighbor and workout buddy.

A search warrant affidavit detailing items retrieved from Eddie Routh’s Lancaster home lists ammunition for a 9-millimeter gun, drug paraphernalia and a cell phone. The cell phone may contain pictures of Routh with Kyle and Littlefield before the shootings. The affidavit also indicates that Routh confessed to the murders to a Texas Ranger, who interviewed him at the Lancaster Police Department.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
mister_goods1
Orange Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM
If I were in the Dallas Austin area and had time off I would. Still need to read American sniper!
mister_goods1 is offline   Reply With Quote