Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Racing on a Course

Anyone in texas race course races? I don't know what the real name for this type of racing is. What I'm trying to get at is racing autocross but on a real course and not at like a parking lot. I'm trying to get into this type of racing because it looks like great fun but don't know if anyone races in Texas. I have a few questions about this as well.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I do not personally, but would like to. My uncle races his Porsche up in Chicago and looks like a blast. There are some places in Texas with a course, I think one near College Station (name escapes me atm). Usually kind of pricey though, from my understanding at least..
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Unknown SSRS

Drives: 2011 VR SS/RS
road racing or HPDE.. love it!.. change your fluids before and after 8)
Unknown SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm thinking about doing one of these. http://thedriversedge.net/

It's just a matter of saving up some money and not spending it on mods. Once I do actually sign up it will probably be a good idea to at least change out to DOT4 brake fluid.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #5
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

Drives: Hennessey HPE650
We got it here in south texas http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163966
Its once a month done at an Air Port got about 2miles of track. This is a total different experience than quarter mile. Here you actually put your skills to work. Also if you are wondering whats to go up agains zr1, 911's, vipers ,gallardos, shelbys ,this is the place to experience it.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #6
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

some pics

Your opponents
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
lscamaro

Thing is I really want to race on a course and not an airport or parking lot with cones. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I guess I've always wanted to race on a real track to experience the "awe" feeling

Old 02-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #8
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Thing is I really want to race on a course and not an airport or parking lot with cones. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I guess I've always wanted to race on a real track to experience the "awe" feeling
So your talking more like circuit of americas in austin and texas motor speed way. Big tracks
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #9
dcoates18481

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RALLY YELLOW SS/RS/M6
I wish!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennesseyrgv View Post
So your talking more like circuit of americas in austin and texas motor speed way. Big tracks
that would be a blast just once!!!

Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam Kit, Melling oil pump, C5R Timing Chain, Dyno Tuned by Shawn@Lethal Racing, Vararam Tuned intake, Vararam Power Wedge, LSR Tri Ax Short throw Shifter, VMAX Ported T/B, TSP 2" L/T Headers, TSP Cat delete, Borla axle back exhaust, Innovate A/F monitor, 471.7 HP/438.8 TQ
dcoates18481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #10
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennesseyrgv View Post
yup... i always wanted to try that track.. is it possible if we gather the ppl and we pay some amount to rent the track for couple of hours.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Look at the link I posted. $315 for a 2 day event on a real track with an instructor riding shotgun.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #12
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
The absolute easiest and cost effective way to get on a road course is to attend an HPDE or PDX event in conjunction with an SCCA or NASA race event. These associations have figured out they are an easy way to raise funds and get new people interested in racing. They run in conjunction with an actual racing event and they will put a racer in the passenger seat to give you tips. You usually get about 4 20 minute sessions a day run between the actual races. There will also be a 1 hour drivers meeting to attend to help you get started. They do them regularly here in Houston at MSR. Costs between $150 to $300 per weekend. And you get to watch the races inbetween your runs.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
lscamaro

Thank you for that info! Might have to look into this, it would be amazing to race on one of the big tracks. And 300 dollars for a weekend isnt so bad either

Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
This is near kyle,

They are expensive, but it's a private track.

http://www.harrishillroad.com/index.php
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote