Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #15
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
To me it seems to be a replacement a replacement for the old (96) Impala SS.

It doesn't seem to be a bad car, it's just difficult to see just where in Chevy's lineup it's supposed to fit.

If you want performance, go with a Vette or Camaro, if you want a 4-door Camaro, is THAT supposed to be where the SS fits in?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #16
onewaydave
Innocent Bystander

Drives: 2013 ZL1 BRM/2002 35th SS/2009 GMC
I like it, it has very clean lines and the power one would expect.

Living on the RaGgEd EdGe!
onewaydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #17
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
It's a car for the family oriented guy with children that cannot go out and buy a Camaro SS or ZL1 because the wife vetoed that thought right away. Dream killers all of them!

It is too plain looking.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
Smittty

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro 2000 SLP Camaro
I like the car. I think it would look good sitting next to my ZL1.
Smittty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #19
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
I don't like the cheap, fake Recaro seat belt inserts for on the shoulders.
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
It's a car for the family oriented guy with children that cannot go out and buy a Camaro SS or ZL1 because the wife vetoed that thought right away. Dream killers all of them!

It is too plain looking.
Agreed. This has a place for the family oriented chevy family.
Sat in one last week and in person they look better. It is a sleeper.
The sales rep was pushing it on my wife telling her this would be perfect for her. I think this is part of the market they were looking for too.
I just love the older looking SS.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #21
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Is that a Honda Accord. Sorry, I had to.

Last edited by midnighter; 11-18-2013 at 05:26 AM. Reason: typo
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
This car was solidly on my radar when I thought it would be priced similar to a 2SS Camaro. Being so much more it has me looking hard at G8's.

The wife needs a new car and it's going to be RWD. The list goes like this G8 GT, CTS, Chevy SS of the used variety.

I want to move faster than it will take for the SS to hit the used market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #23
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
I agree and that is my only problem with it. There's no sport to it. Does it look fast? Favors a conservative family sedan. I think the interior is packaged nicely, but who buys a car like this out of the blue over an Impala or Malibu other than a serious enthusiast who knows about the car's potential? I don't think it has earned the right to be so highly priced. All of the vehicles like this from Chrysler look the part and pack 470 hp. This car came out of nowhere with a bloated price tag.
I think if you look back at most of the chev SS models none of them have had a real sports car look..Its never been the point,its a car for those with either kids,or the business type that want to take a car to work they can put a suit case in and go on a trip if they have to work out of town all without bring a lot of attention to themselves...All GM is doing is filling a hole,or maybe digging one to fill,lol The Chevy “SS” is a rebadged Holden Commodore,why not sell it if the model is already in production,It would be really nice if it was like the Holden 427 HSV. The Caprice PPV came powered by a 355-bhp 6.0-liter V-8 engine which was what this started out as in america..This car has proven its self over seas already,just not its new name ,maybe GM has something hidden waiting to see if its worth releasing,like a 427 model like this before the new cafe guide lines come out. I read that holden is releasing i model thats Super charged,and making big power numbers..there is a huge line up of parts available for these cars,so its not a car we would have to wait for the after market to catch up....enjoy what you want is what i say,and there is nothing better than being able to get a 4 door if your family grows to the point where the wife puts her foot down,lol...
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #24
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
One thing is , that at least on the GM website , there is a $1300 charge for any color you can choose from !
Just wander if one can order the car without being painted ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #25
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I think if you look back at most of the chev SS models none of them have had a real sports car look..Its never been the point,its a car for those with either kids,or the business type that want to take a car to work they can put a suit case in and go on a trip if they have to work out of town all without bring a lot of attention to themselves...All GM is doing is filling a hole,or maybe digging one to fill,lol The Chevy “SS” is a rebadged Holden Commodore,why not sell it if the model is already in production,It would be really nice if it was like the Holden 427 HSV. The Caprice PPV came powered by a 355-bhp 6.0-liter V-8 engine which was what this started out as in america..This car has proven its self over seas already,just not its new name ,maybe GM has something hidden waiting to see if its worth releasing,like a 427 model like this before the new cafe guide lines come out. I read that holden is releasing i model thats Super charged,and making big power numbers..there is a huge line up of parts available for these cars,so its not a car we would have to wait for the after market to catch up....enjoy what you want is what i say,and there is nothing better than being able to get a 4 door if your family grows to the point where the wife puts her foot down,lol...
Point well taken, but that Holden you've posted looks the part. Fast and Furious as did the G8 GXP. I would buy that.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #26
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I walked right past one the other day without even noticing it until after, and that's a problem for me. If I'm going to spend the money on a four door sports car I don't want to be confused with a Chevy Cruz. If it's targeting the family truckster like has been mentioned would not the first question out our most of the lookie loos be what's the mileage like? I just don't see how this is going to fly being too conservative for the sports car guy and to expensive for the family guy. JMHO...

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #27
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
The rear end really looks uninspiring.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #28
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
From a mechanical standpoint, this sedan should be excellent. It has the LS3 and (hopefully) a six speed auto and an independent rear suspension. If the suspension is tuned optimally for handling then this sedan should be a very competent performer.

However, personally I am worried that Chevy and GM aren't putting enough of a push on the promotiion of the SS sedan. From the start, it certainly has its work cut out for it; That work being a direct competitor to the Mopar sedans. The Mopars are IMO stacked with options, power and appearance packages that almost overwhelm a potential car shopper. The SS, in comparison, seems a tad underprepared in going against the mopars.

As far as the appearance, I feel that the SS sedan needs work. The grille and aft trim details are busy and its hard to get a flavor of what a true to the art "SS" looks like with this example. Its a combination of a european and japanese composition that wants to be recognized as an american performance car. Additionally, I am not seeing that dominant presence from this sedan as I did from the '94-'96 Impala from 20 years ago.

While I have high hopes for the SS sedan, I feel that Chevy will need to promote and improve its appearance in order for it to be a success.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic

Last edited by lbls1; 11-18-2013 at 10:48 AM.
lbls1 is online now   Reply With Quote