Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #15
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
As much as I would love an SS or a ZL1, I can't afford it. I just pic my car off, took me 2 years and 2 months but my 2lt 45th is all mine. Not to mention that there are cameras and speed traps and police everywhere. I have never been to the track, and my car is a toy for me, barely gets driven. If I had the money back when I bought this one to get an SS, I would have. But this car still hits 70 in 3rd gear, with 3 gears to go. I'm content :-)
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #16
Rock It

Drives: '12 2LT/RS
Killa, if you can afford it, trade up.... you will still find yourself doing some mods but the base power from a chevy V-8 is (in my opinion) unmatched. this is the first V-6 I have had. had a '69,'76 and '82 Camaro with 350's and a turbo Trans Am. you said your bro has an 8. how does it make you feel when he "lights it up" ? its different , isnt it? as time goes on, you can get the 8 to 650 HP.. just my $.02....
Rock It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock It View Post
Killa, if you can afford it, trade up.... you will still find yourself doing some mods but the base power from a chevy V-8 is (in my opinion) unmatched. this is the first V-6 I have had. had a '69,'76 and '82 Camaro with 350's and a turbo Trans Am. you said your bro has an 8. how does it make you feel when he "lights it up" ? its different , isnt it? as time goes on, you can get the 8 to 650 HP.. just my $.02....
So what about dropping a V8 in the 6..possible ?
Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #18
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock It View Post
I havent heard it..just mad jealous haha
Old 06-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #19
Rock It

Drives: '12 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
So what about dropping a V8 in the 6..possible ?
sure its possible... you will be $ ahead to sell and get an 8. then... Brembo's and a list of things that would be an upgrade from a 6.... get your friend to take you for a spin... see what you think. better yet, go test drive.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #20
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Bee, I got my V6 with the plan of going forced induction. If you aren't, I'd say go ahead and get the V8. Otherwise... man, twin turbos...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 AM   #21
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
i am waiting on the 6th gen to get here to possibly trade up to an 6th SS. if my wallet cant handle that there will be a flood of 5th gen SS's for sale used and ill pick one of those up. until then im enjoying what i have.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #22
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I say MOD up.....thats what i did instead of buying a ZL1 that i was really close to pulling the trigger on. I modded up because my car has a lot of sentimental value to me. My car to me is like having a really great girlfriend, you keep her and treat her nice.....not trade her in for the first new chick that shows up on tha scene!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #23
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
I say MOD up.....thats what i did instead of buying a ZL1 that i was really close to pulling the trigger on. I modded up because my car has a lot of sentimental value to me. My car to me is like having a really great girlfriend, you keep her and treat her nice.....not trade her in for the first new chick that shows up on tha scene!
the twin turbos sound gooodddd....yea 6th gen might be nice but I feel the 5th will still be favored I dont know..You know when gm tries to improve shit they screw up..then again all these damn RECALLS THEY MIGHT BE BANKRUPT BY THEN.HAHA
Old 06-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #24
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Hahahahah my man
Old 06-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #25
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Bee, I got my V6 with the plan of going forced induction. If you aren't, I'd say go ahead and get the V8. Otherwise... man, twin turbos...
How much them twin turbos run homey? And will that get you there..as in V8 power..I fig that with an ss rear swap will be close as hell
Old 06-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #26
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

[QUOTE..sure its possible... you will be $ ahead to sell and get an 8. then... Brembo's and a list of things that would be an upgrade from a 6.... get your friend to take you for a spin... see what you think. better yet, go test drive.[/QUOTE]
I did test drive and honestly I felt way more torque !!!! Love the sound Two but otherwise. ...ehh
Old 06-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #27
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
How much them twin turbos run homey? And will that get you there..as in V8 power..I fig that with an ss rear swap will be close as hell
http://store.ipsmotorsports.net/cama...turbo-kit.html

Oh, and hell yes, just doing an SS rear end swap with your 2LS car will be a massive difference... those 3.45s are awesome. 3.45 gears are probably my next thing.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #28
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Honestly, it's better to trade up. Yes an FI v6 should be able to beat a v8 but then once the v8 is modded it's a different story. Just my opinion

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote