Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #169
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Why is this thread at 7 pages?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #170
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I think his review is not all that far off. He gave the Camaro some compliments too.

The stock Camaro SS has too much understeer and is a handful on a short tight course with all the torque. The interior is cheap looking and feeling, but so is the Mustangs to me. It is only slightly better. The lack of real navigation is a Chevrolet mistake. And the visibility in the Camaro is dismal.

But he missed the weight problem!

But there are many things right about the Camaro for me and most of you here. I drove the 5.0 Mustang and chose the Camaro over the pony. My SS is my most favorite car I have owned.

Where the review goes off track is the conclusion that the car is a dog because it is slower than a VW GTI on a tight course. And that the styling magic has worn off. We all still get the stares, even though now the Camaro has become more common.

I am looking forward to see how a modified Camaro stacks up in next weeks car show episode. He might be eating his words.