Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
How do you remove the yellow bowtie insert from within the front full bowtie emblem??

Details please....
If you remove the full emblem housing (three tabs keep it on the grill) and turn it over you will see several spaces in plastic where it's not solid. All you have to do after that is use a screw driver (I used a rubber tipped on just in case) and push and eventually you will loosen the 3M tape holding it down to get an edge up and then just peel it out. I then used goo gone and warm water and some good old elbow grease to get the residual glue tape off the rubbed down the space with some rubbing alcohol, let that dry , then reinserted the new insert. It's rock solid now.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
If you remove the full emblem housing (three tabs keep it on the grill) and turn it over you will see several spaces in plastic where it's not solid. All you have to do after that is use a screw driver (I used a rubber tipped on just in case) and push and eventually you will loosen the 3M tape holding it down to get an edge up and then just peel it out. I then used goo gone and warm water and some good old elbow grease to get the residual glue tape off the rubbed down the space with some rubbing alcohol, let that dry , then reinserted the new insert. It's rock solid now.

Thank you.
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
My original plan was to buy the CF set from RPI, but they never got back to me with answers to a couple of questions I had. So plan now is to paint the front black and remove the rear. Thinking about removing the Camaro emblem on the fenders as well.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
I removed the rear bow tie and left it off. Replaced the front with solid black bowtie. Also removed the Camaro from the sides. Its a much cleaner, more stealth look. I'm thinking of putting the ZL1 emblem from the hood onto the sides where the Camaro emblem used to be. I don't think the car needs a big bowtie on the back. Less is more..
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
Makinrain

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Badges

I removed the Camaro emblems and replaced the front Bowtie with carbon fiber and deleted the back Bowtie. I have the carbon Bowtie for the back but I liked it with it off so it left it off. Can always stick the new one...There is a little weirdness under the back Bowtie right on the body line under the emblem but it didn't bother me too much....yet
Attached Images

Makinrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #20
Makinrain

Front

Front Bowtie
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Makinrain

Camaro badge

Personally I think removing the camaro badges is an absolute must. Way cleaner look. Only pic I had from the side.....
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #22
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makinrain View Post
Personally I think removing the camaro badges is an absolute must. Way cleaner look. Only pic I had from the side.....
Damn. that's a nice trailer. How much does it weigh?

secondly, I removed the rear bowtie and I like the way it looks. I think I might leave it off.

Last edited by G-Oil Guy; 05-03-2013 at 07:24 PM.
G-Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
Makinrain

Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Damn. that's a nice trailer. How much does it weigh?

secondly, I removed the rear bowtie and I like the way it looks. I think I might leave it off.

Thanks on the trailer. It weighs about 1900lbs. Model 3110, 20 footer with 9600lb capacity. Pulls like a dream.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #24
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
pics of front bowtie delete and removing of rear bowtie plus removing all SS/RS badges

Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote