Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #197
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
The post by him implies that 2013 will be when "the sun comes up". I guess this is where the year I mentioned earlier came from. Nowhere in his post does he say when IBM will be dropped. Earlier posts before he chimed in sort of implied that was coming soon because of the ZL1.
I sure hope we don't have to wait for the 13' model year to get a new blue.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #198
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
so order it in January....you will have it in early spring.
Any word on when the cutoff will be to order an IBM SS? Will mid January still be safe to order?

Thanks a lot for keeping us updated, very appreciated!
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #199
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Wouldn't of had it in any other colour.... Now it will really be a collectors model.
now that's doing the high jump to conclusions. wasn't there like a gold on the old ls1 camaro that was offered? there were not many made...don't see those being "collector's" cars of any sort. you also forget 2011 made IBMs, so it's not like you're even going to be a rarity on the road either with an IBM camaro.

Quote:
I think you're jumping to conclusions...........that's never a good idea.
i would say the amount of people that choose mustang over camaro because they want a color only the mustang has is about 1 in 1,000,000. there are a lot of frickin cool colors out there on cars that GM doesn't have, but i was able to find at least one that i liked on the camaro. because i wanted the camaro, not the color.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #200
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
We sure have some whiners who either already have a Camaro in another color or drive a completely different brand. *crying-why isn't there a blue Camaro( but tagline says owns a black/red/white or a dodge). If you like the car as much as you say paint it. Hell every1 else is customizing.
whines again* i dont wanna pay for a paint job...*crying*
well get a 2010 or 2012....
*crying again* but i dont want a used one, and i want to wait and buy it....
Then this car is not for you.....#thatisall

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #201
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I know plenty of people that will choose a car based on appearance and last time I checked, color is included in that range.

My girlfriend points out cars to me all the time that she loves and would drive based solely on their color.. I know she's not the only one as well.

We have a very basic palette of Red, Yellow, Orange, Black, White, Silver, Grey.

I personally like the orange on the car. When I was looking for mine, I told the dealer that I wanted an IOM with IOM interior and black stripes. I didn't like IBM personally, but I still don't like to set yet another color go away.

I know GM asks us to keep faith, but where does that end? ABM was killed off, no blue replacement. Green was special order, then they screwed those people by making it available the next year on non SGE cars, then killed the color. I'd have rather seen a similar green that wasn't Synergy, out of respect for those that bought an SGE. Now IBM is done. That leaves 0 green and 0 blue. I know they've not said there won't be a blue, but I would have hoped by now, companies would learn not to kill one option w/o announcing a replacement at the same time. That comes off as just a kill off and not a trade out.

Also, just because I don't have a car in that color or want a car in that color doesn't mean I can't voice disagreement with killing off color choices.. Variety helps keep all of us from looking just like the other person.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #202
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I really wish GM could nail a shade of medium blue. It would look so amazing on the 5th gen body. By medium, I mean colors like Electron Blue and Quazar.....and staple blue's from other divisions that never dissappear, like WRblue for Subaru, Nissans Blue pearl, Opels Arden Blue( for the OPC/vxR models) and Audi's Sprint Blue( for the S-line and RS cars).

It would be really sweet to see Opels Arden Blue. It already looks amazing on the Insignia aka Regal and would look equally good on a Equinox or Impala. Shot in hell of it happening, but a guy can wish.
94turbolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #203
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
I really like the blue that mitsubishi's use for the lancer and evo i thought it would look wicked on the camaro

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #204
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
I sure hope we don't have to wait for the 13' model year to get a new blue.
If I bring back IBM, will you get rid of that Challenger????

Old 12-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #205
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
If I bring back IBM, will you get rid of that Challenger????

Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #206
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
They car in your Sig, looks Aqua Blue not Imperial.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #207
DZ28

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
When I think Camaro, I think LeMans Blue...

THAT is beautiful And very close to IBM
With you totally on LeMans Blue; my 68Z was LeMans Blue with White stripes and black vinyl top. Had that car for 13 years and still sold it too soon... same to be said for my NBM 2001 SS... going to hold on to the IBM SS for a long time I hope... love that color especially on the 3-4 days the sun really shines in Michigan...
Old 12-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #208
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
They car in your Sig, looks Aqua Blue not Imperial.
it is just the way the picture was taken/lightened up after. it is very much IBM
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #209
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
it is just the way the picture was taken/lightened up after. it is very much IBM
And that my Camaro friends is the essence of IBM. It never looks the same twice !!!!!
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #210
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Yep. And does anyone wonder why they went bankrupt? Lutz was wrong. The bean counters are back in charge...and the same results.
This!
The Camaro is the only GM vehicle I'd ever own and now that I have one it wouldn't bother me at all to see them fold. Which I'm sure is only a matter of time since they still haven't learned their lesson from the first time around.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote