Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #71
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Black is no different than any color. Its just more a PITA because the base color shows more imperfections in the clear coat.

Proper washing techniques, microfiber and good wax solve most of the causes of fine scratches.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #72
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I would complain about it but I just want my car before something bad happens. Looks like I'll be getting in on 'B' day. lol
Happy Birthday then Was Memorial Day for me. I only had one issue and it was the dealer sticker. I told them at least 10 times not to put it on BUT I didn't say a WORD until I signed the deal and it was mine.

He tried to get me to go look at it when I arrived, but I declined until the paperwork was complete. Hit 400 miles this morning... Can't stay out of it in more ways than one.

Enjoy the RockStar status next week.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #73
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
the kevlar thing is BS probably, dont know how its the same stuff thats in my kevlar or vest. I can see it being teflon. Now when chevy came out with the SS back in like 2000 i had a friend that has this stuff, he paid for i cant remember what and it basically sealed the clear coat for so long. But I thought there was a funny glitch with is like you couldnt wax it something. My thought is this, if GM thought it was a good idea they would do it at the factory. Second off if a big enough rock hits your car this will not stop it. Also I know they back it on at the factory, but usually when you pait something they say wait a couple months to apply wax or anything to the paint seals up. I wouldnt get into that stuff.

Side note I saw somebody said you had a hott wife. Well Im sorry I would have to agree good job looks good after a few kids. The other chick is nice too, but is probably trying to hard with what shes wearing.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #74
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
That is also his wife! He just photo shop her next to a 2010.
I feel bad looking at his wife! I liked the other photo that was up too. She looks like a lady I knew at work. Everyone had a crush on her.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #75
orion007

Drives: 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Damn. Bay did charge me the Document fee, but it was 249.00 and they only had taken 1 order on a Camaro before mine so I jumped on it. Allready got the out the door price. MSRP+Tax Tag and Del. The delivery is bogus too. 250.00 so basically I'm paying an extra 500.00 but I'm good with it because my car will be there on Monday. First time I'm dealing with Bay.

The old guy that was buying the Black 1LT backed out or the deal. They are still trying to sell it though. But at least they aren't asking over MSRP for anything. They've been pretty up front and honest with me. The undercoating I initialy agreed on but cancelled yesterday.

I was considering the delievery/document fee as one thing that is why I said $499. To me they are basically asking $500 over invoice on every car they sell. I am suprised that the black car is still there. I just don't think they are on the up and up. I have always had great service and honesty at UJ and they don't have that $500 extra fee. I believe theirs is $99 which is resonable especially if you have a trade in.
orion007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #76
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by livestrong11 View Post
irpq11 i have been researching the kevlar finish for 3 weeks now since i picked up my new Z06. a kevlar spray will last 6-8 months and very benificial to black cars to help prevent the dreaded swirls you can really see in black. my buddies friend owns a corvette place in dallas texas he restores old and new vettes. he told me not to do the kevlar that the clear coat is sufficient the first year and to only use spray wet and dry car wax every third wash the first year.then after that to use a good wax every 6 months.(also use a micro fiber dry towel from auto zone NO STREAKS) I LOVE BLACK BUT DAM IT MAKES ME CRAZY!!!
I have cancelled the kevlar thing too. Our freinds own a detail shop and he said NOOOOO. So I will take it too him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Happy Birthday then Was Memorial Day for me. I only had one issue and it was the dealer sticker. I told them at least 10 times not to put it on BUT I didn't say a WORD until I signed the deal and it was mine.

He tried to get me to go look at it when I arrived, but I declined until the paperwork was complete. Hit 400 miles this morning... Can't stay out of it in more ways than one.

Enjoy the RockStar status next week.
Thanx and when I said 'B' day, I was talking about June 1st (Bankruptcy day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Side note I saw somebody said you had a hott wife. Well Im sorry I would have to agree good job looks good after a few kids. The other chick is nice too, but is probably trying to hard with what shes wearing.
Ya, probably. Bonnie loves to read you guys comments. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
That is also his wife! He just photo shop her next to a 2010.
I feel bad looking at his wife! I liked the other photo that was up too. She looks like a lady I knew at work. Everyone had a crush on her.
Don't feel bad. We may be 38 and 36 but we feel MUCH younger so we like to have fun. (Not that kind of fun ) but with shows and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion007 View Post
I was considering the delievery/document fee as one thing that is why I said $499. To me they are basically asking $500 over invoice on every car they sell. I am suprised that the black car is still there. I just don't think they are on the up and up. I have always had great service and honesty at UJ and they don't have that $500 extra fee. I believe theirs is $99 which is resonable especially if you have a trade in.
Oh, ok. I went to UJ also but they had too many orders that would have been in front of me. Like 10 or so. Terri Thompson had 12, Bay only had 1. Probably because they required twice the deposit and non-refundable. The 500.00 to me is now worth it to be getting my car now. If I had ordered through UJ or TT, I would probably still be waiting 2 or 3 months. Maybe I'll let UJ service it for me if they are as pleasant as you say. What do you think?

I can't beleive they haven't sold that 1LT yet. They are only asking sticker. NONE of the dealers down here are selling over MSRP, I wonder why?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #77
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Thanx and when I said 'B' day, I was talking about June 1st (Bankruptcy day)

LOL... Birthday... Memoria Day... Bankruptcy Day.... All days to remember your special occasion....
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #78
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Don't feel bad. We may be 38 and 36 but we feel MUCH younger so we like to have fun. (Not that kind of fun ) but with shows and stuff.
You sound disappointed hehehe...

I only hope my girlfriend looks that good at 36 if she lasts that long with me and I marry her hehe....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #79
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Did you like it. Bey Chevy said they would do it complimentary.
Had no issues. Traded the ST for a explorer. Shouldn't have. I worked great. I wish my dealer would have said something this time. The paint is rumored to be very thin.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote