Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Talking Magnaflow Direct-Fit Highflow Converters for the SS (LS3 and L99)!

JDP Motorsports and MagnaflowPlus.com are proud to bring you the latest product information from Magnaflow Exhaust! Magnaflow has just released their direct-fit highflow converters for the 2010 Camaro SS (L99 and LS3) and they will work with your factory exhaust manifolds or with Shorty Headers!!! They are EPA 49 State approved meaning they are legal in every state aside from states adopting the CARB policy. Here is the information!

Magnaflow Part # 23641

Magnaflow's EPA 49 State Direct-Fit Highflow Converters for the 2010 Camaro SS with the 6.2L V8 (L99 &LS3) work great with factory exhaust manifolds as well as shorty headers. Free Shipping!* Passenger Side*

Magnaflow Part # 23604

Magnaflow's EPA 49 State Direct-Fit Highflow Converters for the 2010 Camaro SS with the 6.2L V8 (L99 &LS3) work great with factory exhaust manifolds as well as shorty headers. Free Shipping!* Driver Side*

Magnaflow 2010 Camaro SS SEMA 2009!

JDP Motorsports has worked very closely with Magnaflow and we're proud to only offer Magnaflow Exhaust products!

We will offer packages including Hedman Shorties, Magnaflow Direct-Fit Converters and your choice of Magnaflow SS Cat-Backs. We will have these packages listed in the coming weeks. The Hedman Shorties are 304 Stainless and come HTC Coated or raw, these are the nicest shorties I've seen to date! We will be installing these along with the Magnaflow Highflow Converters on an L99 with the Airaid CAI and Magnaflow 16483 3" Comp Series exhaust. I will post our results! I've been using Hedman on all of our Old School projects including on 1000 RWHP 73 Camaro, they are very nice!

For info on the purchase of the Magnaflow Direct-Fit Highflow converters please go HERE!

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We appreciate your interest in our products and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 02-18-2010 at 07:28 PM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I'm thinking that one of the 50 that was not include was CA right?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
I'm thinking that one of the 50 that was not include was CA right?
California was the state that created CARB (California Air Resource Board). I know Magnaflow produces CARB converters but the process takes much longer, go old CA!

I will be sure to post some info as soon as it becomes available on the CARB set-up for the 2010 if/when they release them. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions! We appreciate your interest in our products and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Old 06-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
JDP Motorsports

All PMs replied! Please call, email or PM us anytime with questions! We appreciate everyone's support and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Any performance information such as hp & torque gains? Pricing also!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
If I'm going to go with aftermarket converters, I'm going to run two total...not two per side like the factory set-up. That's just my feelings.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
And the benefits are?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
JS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
They are 400 Cell Ceramic brick,Not worth much power.
There nice but there are better and cheaper alternatives...
Magnaflow Magnapack Axleback & Resonated X-Pipe/OBX LT Headers/Airaid Cold Air Kit/Injection Connection Tuned
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:43 AM   #9
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Please name one or 2. Solo? These things are expensive. For minimal gains, what is the point? I also hear that HF cats don't live long. Just asking?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Any performance information such as hp & torque gains? Pricing also!
The HP gains aren't crazy but we've seen anywhere from 4-6 RWHP as well as torque on a 100% stock SS. I'll PM the pricing to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
If I'm going to go with aftermarket converters, I'm going to run two total...not two per side like the factory set-up. That's just my feelings.
We've got some converter options for you when you're ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
And the benefits are?

-Funk
The Magnaflow direct-fit converters utilize mandrel-bent 2.5" Stainless steel tubing along with their high flow 400 Cell Ceramic substrate. The factory converters are 600 cell which means the Magnaflow's are 20-30% freer flowing than the factory converters. They are EPA legal for use in all states except those adopting California's CARB policy.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime.

Quote:
That is correct, they are 400 cell compared to the OEM 600 cell. The performance difference over stock isn't huge but the addition of shorty headers, a tune or possible forced induction and the gains become more substantial.

Our pricing on the Magnaflow direct-fits is much lower than you'll see posted anywhere and we do offer a lot of converter options including 200 cell metallic sub converters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
Please name one or 2. Solo? These things are expensive. For minimal gains, what is the point? I also hear that HF cats don't live long. Just asking?
I don't personally know of anyone producing a direct-fit high flow set up myself. Our pricing is much lower than you're seeing posted. These converters are 20-30% more efficient and they do make a difference as well as being legal. These converters will live as long as OEM's, they are actually much higher quality than most aftermarket and OEM converters. I know some of the cheaper brands have had issues but not Magnaflow.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We appreciate everyone's interest in our products and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
hmmm, I just purchased SOLO's hiflow cats. I didn't know about these til now. I have the Magnaflow 3" competition series catback which I love. SOLO seems to have proven the hp gains on their hiflow cats though and no issues.

has there been any CEL problems with your cats?

whoever buys these, let me know how they work out.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
JS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
JDP I hope my post was okay,Just trying to put the info out...
Magnaflow Magnapack Axleback & Resonated X-Pipe/OBX LT Headers/Airaid Cold Air Kit/Injection Connection Tuned
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
daddyuhoh

Drives: '10 SS1/'03 Tahoe/'06 Harley
Ca did invent CARB. Lived here all my life and we have morons in Sacramento!
daddyuhoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #14
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
hmmm, I just purchased SOLO's hiflow cats. I didn't know about these til now. I have the Magnaflow 3" competition series catback which I love. SOLO seems to have proven the hp gains on their hiflow cats though and no issues.

has there been any CEL problems with your cats?

whoever buys these, let me know how they work out.
What is SOLO claiming for their direct-fit or high flow converters and are they EPA legal? I don't and won't offer SOLO but I'm curious. I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

We haven't had any CEL issues and we've run these with the Hedman Shorties as well as the DT shorties without a tune.

Quote:
JDP I hope my post was okay,Just trying to put the info out...
It's all good! The info was correct but just missing some details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyuhoh View Post
Ca did invent CARB. Lived here all my life and we have morons in Sacramento!
LOL! I lived in SoCal from 1990-2008! It is a JOKE!!!

If anyone has any questions we're more than happy to answer them. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime!! Have a great day and we'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley