Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
1LE brakes upgrade... help needed

Ok so I gave up that idea of the ZL1 and sticking to my 1LE TPW 11/12 but I wanna upgrade the brakes with a wilwood brake kit... which ofcourse fits the SS.... The only thing they asked me is if the brakes for the 1LE are the same as the 2012 SS which I know the brakes meaning rotors, lines and calipers are the same as the SS except painted red....

My concern here is did anything at all change from the SS to the 1LE that will be slightly different in brakes .... Like the spindle ? That's what they asked me at wilwood ? Anyone know anything ? By tye way Thanks for the help
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Don't know... I did here that "something" was different... minor but I can't find that info now... but it looks like GM will be offing the ZL1 brakes as a conversion.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Where did u hear that they were gonna offer the Camaro ZL1 brakes SS a conversion ?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
It's on the sign in the pic. With part numbers. I wonder if they are available yet to order or at least price...

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Or read here

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258441

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Ok so I gave up that idea of the ZL1 and sticking to my 1LE TPW 11/12 but I wanna upgrade the brakes with a wilwood brake kit... which ofcourse fits the SS.... The only thing they asked me is if the brakes for the 1LE are the same as the 2012 SS which I know the brakes meaning rotors, lines and calipers are the same as the SS except painted red....

My concern here is did anything at all change from the SS to the 1LE that will be slightly different in brakes .... Like the spindle ? That's what they asked me at wilwood ? Anyone know anything ? By tye way Thanks for the help
No, nothing has changed. The only difference is the calipers are red.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
No, nothing has changed. The only difference is the calipers are red.
Same thing i was thinkin Thanks bro
Old 10-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
PartsTaxi.com

Drives: Parts Taxi
They are selling a complete ZL1 upgrade package, but it isn't available until January 2013. It's listed in the 2013 GM Performance Parts Catalog. I have the list of part numbers included, and can price them out for you guys if you want, but I'm willing to bet will be MUCH cheaper to wait for the kit.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
PartsTaxi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com View Post
They are selling a complete ZL1 upgrade package, but it isn't available until January 2013. It's listed in the 2013 GM Performance Parts Catalog. I have the list of part numbers included, and can price them out for you guys if you want, but I'm willing to bet will be MUCH cheaper to wait for the kit.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
how do you think the price will compare to the cts v kit??? ive seen that kit as high as 1700 down to 800. Zl1 kit is more due to different rotors. Do you think the zl1 kit will drop in JAN
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post

This is what I was trying to remember... about the brakes being different than the SS

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=53
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
how do you think the price will compare to the cts v kit??? ive seen that kit as high as 1700 down to 800. Zl1 kit is more due to different rotors. Do you think the zl1 kit will drop in JAN
Please share where you found it for 800, I kind of doubt it. 1400-1900 is what I've seen but they don't include the same things.

The ZL1 kit will be a lot more, no idea why each caliper is 800. Plus it comes with OEM pads and lines which I wouldn't want anyways.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
right to travel

not hard to find ctsv kit for less than 1000 you may have to piece it together in some cases though. google it and look in places where the "camaro tax" doesnt apply (g8 corvette soltice forums amazon) i think some one here said something about the kits being cheap last night and i though he was full of shyt so i went searching. alot of things are cheaper if you willing to do some basic searching
Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
not hard to find ctsv kit for less than 1000 you may have to piece it together in some cases though. google it and look in places where the "camaro tax" doesnt apply (g8 corvette soltice forums amazon) i think some one here said something about the kits being cheap last night and i though he was full of shyt so i went searching. alot of things are cheaper if you willing to do some basic searching
I have all the part numbers and haven't found a way of getting under 1k so please share with the group.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #14
right to travel

for the ctsv kit or zl1 kit