Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #57
orangeinfernoman

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ls3 iom
me with all good attitudes against the camaro and gm,i have some reserve about the axle shaft issue

why metallurgic problems on the right side axle shaft
orangeinfernoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #58
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I know you'll be reluctant to test the launch control again. I also know you'll keep us informed on the status of tranny # deux....Thanks for sharing,sorry your living the nightmare. My car should be done the end of next week. I think when I decide to test the hardened condition of my tremec's tail shaft, it'll be next door to my dealer.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #59
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
WTF?..beginning to find 'lemons' in this fruitbasket..oh wow..maybe QC is shit up there after all..
Why are you still here? Really.....
Old 07-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #60
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
I hope it becomes a recall because i am getting supercharged. And if mine breaks i will be pissed because they would probably blame my supercharger causing it. My Vin is 5363, i havent seen anyone that low with problems, so i might be ok. (knock on wood)
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #61
orangeinfernoman

tremmec issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
I know you'll be reluctant to test the launch control again. I also know you'll keep us informed on the status of tranny # deux....Thanks for sharing,sorry your living the nightmare. My car should be done the end of next week. I think when I decide to test the hardened condition of my tremec's tail shaft, it'll be next door to my dealer.
i dont want to start a rumour but i think that all m6 ss since june 30 and later will be going to area 51 or 52 for some time

nobody talk about THE RIGHT AXLE SHAFT I BROKE TWICE AND SOME OTHERS GUYS TOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #62
orangeinfernoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
I hope it becomes a recall because i am getting supercharged. And if mine breaks i will be pissed because they would probably blame my supercharger causing it. My Vin is 5363, i havent seen anyone that low with problems, so i might be ok. (knock on wood)
THE VIN OF MY FIRST CAMARO WAS 4250 AND I LOST THE RIGHT SIDE TWICE
Old 07-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #63
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Don't take this the wrong way orangeinfernoman. I think a good majority of us get a headache reading your posts. I say this knowing your likely French Canadian and English is your second language. (A guess)
I understand your frustration. Rightfully so. Two new cars two failures. You got the bad end of the stick. Kind of like that horse in your avatar.
You very well may be right on the area 51 forecast. Although the numbers of tremec's failing are rising here, it is still likely less then 1% produced that are breaking. So far.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #64
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
If you are worried about this, then wait until your warranty is up before getting the supercharger..
Old 07-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #65
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
If you are worried about this, then wait until your warranty is up before getting the supercharger..
Techco is doing the r/d for my car. Plus they are warranting the whole powertrain. just dont want it to break cause it would be down for a bit.

Last edited by gotpball44; 07-22-2009 at 12:11 AM.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #66
RRcamaro

Drives: RS/SS2 Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy View Post
Yeah, I'm going to go pick her up in about an hour. They just got done replacing the tranny. Service guy says that the output shaft wasn't properly hardened and the new one should be fine.. Hope so!
I got mine back on monday, and tride it out at the dealer and several times after just to make sure, and had no problems as of yet. since the last time it broke on its first launch, i think they got it right this time! I hope!
RRcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #67
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Techco is doing the r/d for my car, so everything is free. Plus they are warranting the whole powertrain. just dont want it to break cause it would be down for a bit.
Then you have nothing to worry about The Tremec in the Camaro is strong, yet there will be duds..You'll find out if yours is one of them real soon...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #68
camaroguy
MJ is finally home!

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRcamaro View Post
I got mine back on monday, and tride it out at the dealer and several times after just to make sure, and had no problems as of yet. since the last time it broke on its first launch, i think they got it right this time! I hope!
Cool man! I got mine back yesterday and it seems ok. I havn't tried launch control yet though. I did notice that it seems better going thru the gears. I think its more to do with linkage feeling better than the original one.
camaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #69
JayhawkSS
Autobot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Camaroguy,

Ouch man! Sorry to hear about that mishap. I'm assuming you went to the Great Mall when this happend. I have done lauch control a few times and only had a weird issue once while doing it. Haven't seen any problems since. Hope to see ya around!
JayhawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #70
orangeinfernoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
Don't take this the wrong way orangeinfernoman. I think a good majority of us get a headache reading your posts. I say this knowing your likely French Canadian and English is your second language. (A guess)
I understand your frustration. Rightfully so. Two new cars two failures. You got the bad end of the stick. Kind of like that horse in your avatar.
You very well may be right on the area 51 forecast. Although the numbers of tremec's failing are rising here, it is still likely less then 1% produced that are breaking. So far.
MY FRIEND ,I WOULD LIKE TO READ YOU IN FRENCH,IF IT IS POSSIBLE

SO ANYWAY I KNOW FROM GOOD SOURCE THAT,GM HQ QC HAVE BIGGER HEADACHE with trying to find solution because it is not 1 or 2 or 10 % but .................................................. ................ dont start rumour stay cool

i think that the mexicano who drip the output shaft was on tékila went he does is job

but for the axel shaft i just dont know were they was built