Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
RSHaynes

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Cool Yellow 2LT in Knightdale, NC Today

Hello all, I have been checking out these forums for some time. This is one my first few posts. I have seen many picutures of the new 5th gen camaro (I own an '02 SS), but have not had the opportunity to see a 5th gen up close. I have seen two so far, one in a parking lot while I was driving on the main highway, and one on the road. They are still very rare to see in this area (at least for me).

I am definatley going to get one, but it is a matter of time to get my finances in order so that I can afford one. My new dream car is a 201x Black 2SS/RS. So I am driving through a local shopping center with my girlfriend after renting a couple of movies (she knows how 'obsessed' I am with the new camaros), and in an excited voice she says "LOOK HONEY!" and points to my left. Now I'm thinking it is something moderately cool, or something. So I l look to my left and I see a yellow 2010 camaro parked behind at Buffaloe Wild Wings. I immediately stopped my car in the middle of the road to look on in awe. After the initial shock I pull into the parking lot and park next to the car, giving it A LOT of space. My girlfriend tells me not to hit it with my car door, to which I lauged and said I care more about their car than I do my own. Let me tell you that the pictures of the yellow camaro do NOT do it justice. The color was stunning. It was absolutely beautiful. I get out of my car and look into the car without touching it, and I see that it has leather seats and the 4-pack guages. From what I have read that means it is a 2LT (it didn't have any badges or the mail slot). I look further and I see the 'Bee-Otch" air freshner hanging from the mirror.

So if the owner of that beautiful camaro is on here, I just wanna send out a salute to you. You have an awesome car, and I commend you on a great choice of cars.

Love the 5th gen camaro even more now then I did before. Now my poor girlfriend has to listen to me obsess about it even more! LOL
RSHaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
Pope Designs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Rally Yellow
Hello RSHaynes....

I live in K-Town as well. I have a 2SS SIM with Black Stripes. It stays in the garage most of the time as it is my toy car. I have a Jeep daily driver.

You are right about not seeing any around town. I know of mine and a IOM that's about it...

Bryan
Pope Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Jason@RPM-Motorsports

Drives: 98 WS6
Would it be this car ?

Jason@RPM-Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
RSHaynes

It wasn't that one jkbadz28. The one I saw had to be a 2LT with no stripes (4-pack gauges, leather interior). The one in your picture is VERY nice. Do you drive through Knightdale with it?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Jason@RPM-Motorsports

This was a customers ... I live in Zebulon though ..
Old 09-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
RSHaynes

What kind of work do you do?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Thats actually my car in that picture. They did the headers, intake, and tune on her and managed to get 414 rwhp out of her.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #8
Jason@RPM-Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHaynes View Post
What kind of work do you do?
Check out the website in my sig. We deal mostly with latemodel GM cars and trucks. We still do some old school stuff here and there.

Jason
Old 09-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbadz28 View Post
Check out the website in my sig. We deal mostly with latemodel GM cars and trucks. We still do some old school stuff here and there.

Jason
They have done alot of work on my yellow 69 as well as my 2010. Basically I wouldnt trust my cars to another shop. Not only are they a great shop, they treat you like family. Couldnt ask for a better buch of guys.