Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
I would love to put a Tremec in it. Anyway I just came back from the dealership. Basically they said that I am shifting to fast. They started with my aftermarket shifter saying that shortening the shift prevents the sycnro's from slowing down enough to allow for the next upshift. Well my come back was the factory installed hurst short throws and ZL1/1LE shifters. So basically they are saying that the tranny blocking me out is it protecting it self and because the syncro's have not matched up for the next shift. They said they will continue to look into it further after I reinstall the factory shifter and allow them to test drive the car. Well there not going to recreate the problem with either shifter if they are shifting slow so there is not point in going back.
I will give it to them though. I took it back on the back roads and slowed my shifting down and it shifted fine no block no grind. I cant shift as fast as I want but its still fast enough to bark a little into second. So food for thought for shifting techniques for you fellow V6 M6 owners.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Lol. That's what my dealer tried to tell me - then I asked when the tranny is cold goes into 2nd just fine all other gears are very stiff and tight. When the tranny is hot al the other gears shift very smooth and 2nd will grind. Also pointed it on the 4 test drives I wasn't shifting fast - took four seconds to shift from 1st to second without a grind. Anything over 1500 rpm will get a grind.

I'm about ready for an auto with a v8 attached and definitely from a different dealer.

Btw - didn't check the full tremec site grabbed the first listing - sorry for any confusion.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Last edited by Yellow_Glide; 12-20-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
with grinding like that I would demand it get fixed there is no need for all that. And I here you on the V8. Anyway hows the cams holding up hows it drive.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #18
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar View Post
I would love to put a Tremec in it. Anyway I just came back from the dealership. Basically they said that I am shifting to fast. They started with my aftermarket shifter saying that shortening the shift prevents the sycnro's from slowing down enough to allow for the next upshift. Well my come back was the factory installed hurst short throws and ZL1/1LE shifters. So basically they are saying that the tranny blocking me out is it protecting it self and because the syncro's have not matched up for the next shift. They said they will continue to look into it further after I reinstall the factory shifter and allow them to test drive the car. Well there not going to recreate the problem with either shifter if they are shifting slow so there is not point in going back.
I will give it to them though. I took it back on the back roads and slowed my shifting down and it shifted fine no block no grind. I cant shift as fast as I want but its still fast enough to bark a little into second. So food for thought for shifting techniques for you fellow V6 M6 owners.
True, but the factory short shifters are only about 20-22 percent shorter. Something like the Hurst in mine is I think 40% shorter throw.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar View Post
with grinding like that I would demand it get fixed there is no need for all that. And I here you on the V8. Anyway hows the cams holding up hows it drive.
Cams are holding up pretty well - have a few things to sort out with the heads and tune but getting closer all the time

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote