Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
IPOD, Bluetooth, & PITD integration for 2010 Camaro

I know I've seen discussion about the USB port and the radio functions and such but had a hard time finding the thread so here is what I found...probably old news to some but new to me. I'd been wondering if the steering wheel controls would be "smart enough" to control an IPOD if hooked in and I think I've gotten my answer.

See below:

Quoted from a Q&A interview with Cheryl Pilcher for Automobilemag.com:

"...and a USB port and wireless interface. If you have your iPod or a device plugged into the center console, you can use steering-wheel controls to scroll through song selections. "

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...wer/index.html

Guess what I'm wondering is if this did indeed make it into the production runs and if it is in every model or just certain ones...for instance only with the BA audio package?

Also would be nice to get some info on the Bluetooth. What version, etc? Trying to figure out compatibility with all the various phones out there.

If you couldn't tell, I've got about 15years of IT System Integration experience so these are the nitty-gritty that I love to dive into!

Thanks!

josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The USB port and steering wheel mounted controls are only available if you get the convenience and connectivity package which is standard on the 2LT, 2SS, and is an option on the 1LT.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
hdhomer

Drives: 69 Cutlass - small block
Anybody know if the USB port/ Bluetooth will be I-Phone compatible? I have been having trouble replacing my Ipod with an I-phone and no longer being able to access my tunes when plugging into my existing Kenwood head unit.
hdhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdhomer View Post
Anybody know if the USB port/ Bluetooth will be I-Phone compatible? I have been having trouble replacing my Ipod with an I-phone and no longer being able to access my tunes when plugging into my existing Kenwood head unit.
I don't think the USB will work, but the Bluetooth would work for phone calls at least I'd assume.

You should be able to plug the iPhone's headphone jack into the jack in the Camaro. You'll still have to control it via the iPhone though.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
The iPhone is listed on the currently supported phone for blue tooth on GMs site, so no worries there.
USB I wouldn't count on - iPhone is based on OS-X which no stereos as of yet have been built with this in mind. AUX headphone jack will have to suffice for now
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You're telling me that I'm going to have to go aftermarket for the third time to connect my iPod. This iPod has been around the garage. I'm actually amazed that it still operates.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1147 View Post
Quoted from a Q&A interview with Cheryl Pilcher for Automobilemag.com:

"...and a USB port and wireless interface. If you have your iPod or a device plugged into the center console, you can use steering-wheel controls to scroll through song selections. "

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...wer/index.html

Guess what I'm wondering is if this did indeed make it into the production runs and if it is in every model or just certain ones...for instance only with the BA audio package?
Yes, it did make it through to production, and USB is available on cars equipped with the convenience and connectivity package.(optional on 1LT. Std. on 2LT + 2SS). I'm 99% sure that ALL cars get mp3 aux jack.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
swifttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
You're telling me that I'm going to have to go aftermarket for the third time to connect my iPod. This iPod has been around the garage. I'm actually amazed that it still operates.
Actually iPod based on what was posted below should work (I'm not positive), but the iPhone 99.999999999% likely won't
Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
all get the ipod jack. it's the usb that is part of the upgrade.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #10
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I'm looking forward to using the technology with my crackberry. Only thing that is bugging me is that if I had waited for HUD, it would display who is calling you as soon as the phone rings. I'm just going to have to borrow Headpunters car.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:46 AM   #11
swifttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I'm looking forward to using the technology with my crackberry. Only thing that is bugging me is that if I had waited for HUD, it would display who is calling you as soon as the phone rings. I'm just going to have to borrow Headpunters car.
With the current blue tooth systems, the caller ID pops up in the dash, which is the next best thing - should be the same w/ the camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Huh? You mean the AUX 1/4 jack? Guessing that the iPod should work in the USB jack (fingers crossed)
Old 11-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #12
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Yeah he means the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Now with the bluetooth will we be able to hit a button and be like dial and then say the number? Or the contacts name? I know my friends cts does that and its like 4 years old or something
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
Yeah he means the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Now with the bluetooth will we be able to hit a button and be like dial and then say the number? Or the contacts name? I know my friends cts does that and its like 4 years old or something
If your bluetooth phone has voice recognition, then you will be able to do that. My crackberry also has navigation so looking forward to seeing how that works with the car.

Thanks Swifttal - I forgot about the command center.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #14
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I've been having trouble following the audio portions of the Camaro for some reason, so I'm unusually behind on this information compared to everything else. You're basically saying that everyone has a jack. Is it the power jack (bottom of iPod) or the audio jack (top of iPod)? Obviously, both can be used to take information from the iPod, but only the bottom one can access the information through the radio and charge the iPod. From what I'm gathering, it sounds like the power jack is the one that is being used. Can someone confirm this? Can someone confirm its availability on the LS and 1SS for those who are getting these trims?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote