Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #253
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Heyyy, another SATX member! Right on!

Package deal w/ mirrors??...even better!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:00 AM   #254
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I recall something being said, or hinted to rather, a while back by Scott about the gas cap. We were complaining about the b-pillar and I had mentioned moving on to the gas cap...somehow...and in some way, I was told not to worry about it. I have a good feeling it could stay put...maybe they doctored the pic to keep it a suprise?

Dragon, I'm pretty sure you remember something about this, right?
Is this what you are looking for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
who said the gas cap would stay where it is????
I saw it in the 2010 Camaro FACTS thread. Might have been merged or moved though. I remember reading the thread on the b-pillar and thought it was mentioned there also, but can't find it anymore.

To everyone working on this car, THANK YOU! It should be noted that if the 2 biggest constructive criticisms from this small community of ours is the gas cap and reverse lamp locations. Then you should know you have done a fantastic job.

As far as a sunroof, I love the one on my Regal, it is almost 10 years old now and doesn't leak and works fine. It was one of the options I had to have, however, I love the roof design on the concept and would rather have that with no sunroof.

If anything above was already mentioned, sorry. It is late and my eyes have glazed over from reading the forums and starring at Camaro pics.
Gunner KS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #255
sbg

Drives: Mustang
I'm glad that others have shared my sentiments about the the backup lights.

I also noticed that the lower valance for the trumpet exhause looks different. Once again the concept has nice metal trimmed holes where the exhaust exits...and looks much better than the production.

As I look more at this photo, I'm more irritated by the outset bumper more than anything. I keep going back and forth between my concept photos and this one and the concept looks so much cleaner without that outset bumper (and backup lights, of course).

Does anyone else share my annoyance at why such a nice back end would be altered with some kind of outset bumper feature. I don't buy that it's to meet code, because so many cars today have no outset bumpers. Check your concept photos to see what I mean.

I also noticed that the backup lights are kinda recessed like the license plate, which tells me these lights were NOT just cut in, but that the whole rear bumper was redesigned to not only allow for the larger trunk opening, but also the dreaded backup lights and outset bumper feature.

I sure hope the front doesn't have some hair brain ideas like these either. GM are you listening! I mean, do the designers think they have to change the concept just for the sake of change? If something works, go with it.

I understand functional changes such as door handles and larger side marker lamps to meet code, but these features we're discussing do NOT fall within that category.
sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #256
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Relax. Anything that changed had a perfectly viable reason for it. Reasons, that I'm sure once the car is released, we will learn.
Nothing was changed "just for the sake of change".
Old 01-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #257
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Has anyone noticed this: Preproduction model shown. Actual production model may vary. Since everybody is in an uproar over the backup lights this may be one of several different bumper/backup light combinations. I would like to see them moved but there maybe some underlying reason why they are where they are. Still gonna buy though regardless. Got the Mustang beat by miles! Literally.

And from what i can tell about the mirrors. They are just fine. Not too big but also not those little slit ones.
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #258
nbjczk71

Drives: 69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
How many of you guys that said white looked ugly are taking that back?
I have to say that I really don't like the white. Makes the car look too fat or something. Maybe it's just the angle, but I hope that it looks better from the front. It could also use about a 1" drop all the way around.

I know, lot's of you guys disagree with me, but maybe it's just because I am used to looking at my 69 convertible sitting in my garage. Those lines are hard to beat.
nbjczk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #259
sbg

Drives: Mustang
Hey, since I'm on a role, I know what else is catching my eye...that trunk lid issue.

By making the trunk lid opening larger (which I'll agree was probably necessary) the opening of the trunk lid no longer runs straight across the top of the rear lights but jots down to include the rear strip between the lights that contains the Chevy logo (not shown on this pic, though).

By doing that, you'll notice that the bumper doesn't flow quite as smoothly up to the trunk line. There is much more of a delineation, making the back end look more busy/broken up. I know my eye ain't lyin' to me...and I'm realizing why.

Design is a tricky thing because you modify one little thing and it can throw off the whole look. This is one change that I certainly can live with, but thought it worth pointing out.

For any doubting, simply open a large photo of the concept rear end right next to this development one...and keep looking back and forth. Soon you'll see the differences.

I do love the colorized ones in the other thread. It's amazing how color can make a difference. Yeap, the yellow one looks great...all that's needed is the black stripes.

Any idea on how soon we'll catch more glimpses of the car without the camo? A different angle may also make a world of difference. I suspect there is a reason why GM releases an odd angle on a white car, with no spoiler...they don't want to reveal too much too soon.
sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #260
johns07sierra

Drives: Black 07 GMC Sierra
I don't think the placement of the reverse lights are that big of a deal. I'm still going to get the drop top and hope it comes in black with silver racing stripes so it will match my Harley.

Last edited by johns07sierra; 01-10-2008 at 04:44 PM.
johns07sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #261
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I think my biggest concern is the veeeeery tiny brakes. Unless they're made with some unheard-of technology that allows very small brakes to work very well, they are just not going to cut it for me.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #262
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black M6
I see what sbg is saying...

I was noticing that last night as well about the trunk lines...Not as simple and good looking as the concept. The back of the concept has nice clean curves... I don't see that in this pic. Yes there are changes for code and functionality but I hope (and keeping the Faith!) That it gets cleaned up a little...I don't have a bad judgement about it...I look forward to more pics to over...Pics to also get a little better look at it. Overall, still
Flyin'Camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #263
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I see what sbg is saying too. There's a dip like that in the 4th Gen too. But, I like the concepts trunk lid better as well. Now, I'm not hating the prototypes, but hey...we have to get into that trunk somehow.

As far as when more pix will be released, that's pretty much up to us now. Scott said the camo is off and we were advised to start carrying cameras w/ us in AZ and Detroit. I'm sure someone will snap some shots here in the next couple weeks (if not sooner and they are actually out on the roads).

And as far as the reverse lights thing goes? I'm sure that there's folks at GM who read our posts. Obviously, we have one who participates w/ us right here. But, if you are GM and you want an opinion on something, why not release a pic that shows the change, and wait to see what people say about it (reverse lights)? You just saw how many ideas we came up with right here...beside the plate (but not going to work cause of wider European plates), inside the lower black valance like the vettes, inside the inner brake lights, etc. If they didn't already come up w/ a single one of these, they just got an idea...and now know half of us like the rear bumper reverse lights and half of us don't.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #264
Roflmao
Insane Assylum Escapee

Drives: 1998 Camry
hmmm

The car looks friggin awesome. Seems the two major complaints about the car are the vents and the reverse lights. I can see the arguements for both ways, however, the reverse lights I think are in a very good location for the car. Putting them below in the lower black valance like the vette doesn't work because with the vette the tailpipes are centered on the car and on the camaro they are spread to the sides where the reverse lights are on the vette. To me reverse lights centered on the lower valance would look strange. Integrating them into the brake lights would also be a bit off because of their unique shape. I like the lights where they are, except I would like to see them widen them just a bit, sort of like the way the reverse lights are on the 350Z, to give them a more deliberate look and not just a "punched a little hole in the back of the car to put lights" look.

Also on the topic of lights, anyone think they will put turn signals on the side mirrors?
Roflmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #265
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflmao View Post
hmmm

Also on the topic of lights, anyone think they will put turn signals on the side mirrors?

Has GM ever done this? Might be cool.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #266
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjczk71 View Post
I have to say that I really don't like the white. Makes the car look too fat or something.
I know, lot's of you guys disagree with me
i don't like white on any cars and white makes mostly everything look bigger