Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
A bad @$$ race....

So, there I was, in my SS Camaro at a light and this other Camaro pulls up beside me....
I was itching, looking for a race, and here it was right beside me.... Hmmmm, should I or not....
I rev my engine, and "she" revs hers....I can barely see her over the window sill, but I know she is itching to race....
we wait, my LS3 in first, itching to dump the clutch.... Waiting..... Waiting........waiting.........
green Light...... Dump the clutch, hammer the loud pedal and go like he'll..
she jumps me off the line a little bit, but I'm almost neck and neck....I got lots of traction, but her car must be an auto, no tire spinning, it just goes.... I'm pulling up to her, door handle to door handle, her car grabs second just before I get to my rev limiter. my engine is screaming, the tires are straining, BANG second, jump back up with her...neck and neck, she hits third, and jumps a little further out.... my LS3 should be pulling her by now, we are approaching the next light....
I shove it into third, the magic gear for the LS3 Camaro and I know I have her now....WTF, I can't pull her even in third... I even it up, but just can't quite get by her, the next light is really close and we are going through 100 miles an hour, (wonder what the speed limit is right here). Neither of us is giving an inch. maybe thirty or forty yards before the light, she must have hit fourth, because she jumps me just a tad again....I'm pissed, WTF... I grab fourth just as we pass the light and decide it's time to shut it down....
we both back out of it and look for a place to get away from the area... it's dark, but you never know where the police may be hiding....
I follow her to a little park area, gotta find out what she has done to that damn automatic Camaro. I'll give her the start, but my car will dominate at speed... So I thought....
the park area is near a small crowd of people, and there are lots of other cars around....I park mine, get out, and head over to talk to her.... I'm excited even though she beat me, I promise neither of us knew who would win until it was over... we could have been on skateboards and that would have been a drag race....

no Cops, no wrecks, and no danger....

This was my second qualifier race Saturday night at Lonestar motorsports park next to the Hennessey Facility in Sealy Texas...
Kelly, that is one bad stock Camaro, and you are a driver, pure and simple,,, you reaction times were phenomenal all night....
I personally have never competed in a closer drag race....Even off the line, even at mid track, and so dang close at the finish line....
thanks to You, Da Hose, MLee and the multitude of other great folks representing the H-Town Camaro Club that I had the pleasure of meeting last night....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Old 10-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol awesome story, i like how u made it sound like a street race LOL. Btw, I didn't quite catch it, was she an Auto? or Manual?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
And everyone thinks the L99 A6 is slow. I've seen a stock L99 run low 13s in 88 degree heat. So they are far from slow.

You actually did a good job. It actually takes a pretty good driver to keep up with a L99 A6 in a drag race.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I know they are quick, but typically the LS3 is faster, top end.... I'll be damned if I could catch her though, she ended up winning the hole show with a 12.7 at 109 which is amazing...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
It was a great night of racing and a great turnout. The temperature was in the 50's and the Pirelli's weren't hooking up to good, but the engine loved it. Kelly did an awesome job racing, but you should have see her burnouts.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
02pewtersix

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Kelly did do an awesome job...i too got whooped by her... in the semifinals. too much spinning off the line.

SSE 4 2SS: i believe you were the one i raced in first round eliminations..great race. Your story here sounded pretty good. i like the street race edge to it! super exciting. Twas a great night of racing, great meeting you and the plenty other people out there! cant wait for the next big get together!
02pewtersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Who's Kelly?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
WOW!! nice!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Who's Kelly?

Kellie Shorthose (KP MOVN)... Da Hose's wife... She's a monster at the track...

You should have seen her disapointment when she left the dyno last week and only hit 334 hp... I told her that was right on for an L99 w/ CAI and Catback but she didn't believe me until Sat night... That trans tune makes a huge difference on L99s

Was awesome meeting you Paul... Can't wait for the next trip out... My new Torque Converter got me an extra .5, but now I have to learn to launch... (and get some dang tires...)

Post up that time slip...
Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Tommy Pike Customs

Drives: 2010 TPC Camaro
nice
Tommy Pike Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
TX Pony Killer

Drives: 2011 2SS RS LS3 RJT
add me to the list of those who got it handed to them by Kellie. I had a quicker reaction time, but didn't have enough rpm during launch to maintain it. I kept thinking, "man, i should be able to catch up on the top end", but to no avail.

I just got flat smoked:
Old 11-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
peele1

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS
Well done!
VIN #4403 Victory Red 1LT/RS
peele1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
02pewtersix

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Pony Killer View Post
add me to the list of those who got it handed to them by Kellie. I had a quicker reaction time, but didn't have enough rpm during launch to maintain it. I kept thinking, "man, i should be able to catch up on the top end", but to no avail.
sucks dont it lol. Your car looked pretty good though going down the track.
02pewtersix is offline   Reply With Quote