Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who will win the Fight?
Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Mayweather 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Pacquiao vs. Mayweather - May 2nd

After Years of debates and failures at the negotiating table, both fighters have FINALLY agreed and signed to fight on May 2, 2015!

This is IT! This is definitely huge for both fighters and for the Philippine Nation.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #2
Tcnj80

Drives: Black Jeep srt8, IOM 2013 2ss/rs.
It's lost it's luster a bit, but people will watch it myself included. Mayweather is long overdue for a solid beating, how anyone could root for him is mind boggling.
Tcnj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
rjdapilmoto

Agreed. It's lost the luster only because this fight should have happened 5 years ago, but the fact that it is going to happen now is good enough for me.

Mayweather is an overwhelming 71% odds to win the fight. I prefer Manny being an underdog, but at the end of the day, both fighters will have to bring their game faces to the ring and strap it on.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #4
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Truthfully, I think had Mayweather chosen this fight sooner, he might have won it... but I think Pacquiao is just too much for Mayweather at this point. Most of the fighters don't have Mayweather's stamina, but Pacquiao does. More importantly, Pacquiao can hit, and hit, and hit hard while doing it.

Mayweather is a very good fighter, but a vast majority of his fights have been guys who were never going to hurt him or guys past their prime. He has had a few good fights where he fought decent guys...but all in all... he's a lot like Roy Jones Jr.... avoiding the very best until they weren't...
Old 02-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I will likely be going to the fight. I've followed boxing over the years, however I've never attended a fight.

My girlfriend, however, is the daughter of one of the more famous boxers in history...so I've been following it a lot more closely over the last 3 years.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Should've happened 5 yrs ago(drawn billion$), now they're both worn and slower. Expect it to last all rounds. Thinking this might be Manny's last fight.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 AM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I'll be rooting for mayweather.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #8
rjdapilmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Truthfully, I think had Mayweather chosen this fight sooner, he might have won it... but I think Pacquiao is just too much for Mayweather at this point. Most of the fighters don't have Mayweather's stamina, but Pacquiao does. More importantly, Pacquiao can hit, and hit, and hit hard while doing it.

Mayweather is a very good fighter, but a vast majority of his fights have been guys who were never going to hurt him or guys past their prime. He has had a few good fights where he fought decent guys...but all in all... he's a lot like Roy Jones Jr.... avoiding the very best until they weren't...
Both fighters are no longer in their prime. Manny hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009 and Money May hasn't had a KO since 2011. I do expect a helluva fight and there's a possibility that one or both fighters will hit the canvas at least once during the fight. It should be great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I will likely be going to the fight. I've followed boxing over the years, however I've never attended a fight.

My girlfriend, however, is the daughter of one of the more famous boxers in history...so I've been following it a lot more closely over the last 3 years.
My brothers and I want to go to this fight very badly, but at $5000 a pop, I don't see that happening in this lifetime. LOL It'll be Pay-per-View for me. Enjoy the fight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Should've happened 5 yrs ago(drawn billion$), now they're both worn and slower. Expect it to last all rounds. Thinking this might be Manny's last fight.
Agreed, but at least it is finally going to happen. Unless one of these guys gets injured during training or some unforseen sickness hits one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I'll be rooting for mayweather.
I'll be cheering for Manny Pacquiao.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:34 AM   #9
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Both fighters are no longer in their prime. Manny hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009 and Money May hasn't had a KO since 2011. I do expect a helluva fight and there's a possibility that one or both fighters will hit the canvas at least once during the fight. It should be great!!
However, we have seen Mayweather struggle badly against any fighter who could actually hit him... Cotto however got him good early on in their fight, but just couldnt keep it up..again stamina issues...

Manny doesnt have to really try to run to keep up with Floyd...so this will be a fight where Floyd will actually have to do more than just be defensive...
Old 02-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
rjdapilmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
However, we have seen Mayweather struggle badly against any fighter who could actually hit him... Cotto however got him good early on in their fight, but just couldnt keep it up..again stamina issues...

Manny doesnt have to really try to run to keep up with Floyd...so this will be a fight where Floyd will actually have to do more than just be defensive...
On Manny's part, he needs to watch out for the counter shots, because his aggressiveness can get him into trouble at times. That's how he ended up getting his ass kicked by Marquez in that 3rd matchup. I'm still stung from that one, but it was all Manny's fault for leaving himself open for that shot. I'm sure Freddie will be going over this a lot.

Manny won't run for sure. He will go toe-to-toe...
Old 03-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Mayweather wins this fight in my opinion.

Pacquiao just isn't the same fighter anymore, some people say he's become smarter after the Marquez knockout loss, but Roach said all his KO power came at 142. Mayweather is going to have them fight at 147... no way he moves back down.

I don't think Pacquiao even knocks Floyd down at this point. I'm sure he'll land a solid couple of hits on him... come to think about it, the last person who really tested Mayweather's chin was Mosley back in 2010.

They're most likely going to fight with big, heavy gloves and have Kenny Bayless as the ref. That means a slow paced fight and lots of Kenny Bayless interfering with fight the entire time.

Mayweather wins this fight by decision, I feel like Pacquiao will be simply outboxed... he's not that lethal fighter anymore that would've won against Floyd. I think in the later rounds it becomes so one sided, people are going to say the fight was fixed and Pac was just in it for the money.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #12
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I'm rooting and putting my money on pacman. Any body that wants to go the fight can forget about ring side tickets. They are suppose to be 100k and they are all reserved before going on sale. Lol ppv for me. Mayweather needs a whooping that's the main reason that people will watch. If pacman can't do it no one else can't either. Well maybe GGG.
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:32 PM   #13
Tcnj80

Drives: Black Jeep srt8, IOM 2013 2ss/rs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
I'm rooting and putting my money on pacman. Any body that wants to go the fight can forget about ring side tickets. They are suppose to be 100k and they are all reserved before going on sale. Lol ppv for me. Mayweather needs a whooping that's the main reason that people will watch. If pacman can't do it no one else can't either. Well maybe GGG.
GGG is too flat footed, floyd would make him look like a fool. Pac of 08-12 would have knocked out floyd there is no doubt in my mind about that, too many very hard punches coming from so many angles at once floyd's great defense would not have been able to deal with that.
Tcnj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #14
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcnj80 View Post
GGG is too flat footed, floyd would make him look like a fool. Pac of 08-12 would have knocked out floyd there is no doubt in my mind about that, too many very hard punches coming from so many angles at once floyd's great defense would not have been able to deal with that.
If you seen his fight against Murray he is flat footed but puts extreme pressure on the opponent. That being said I think that's the way PAC should fight him but without getting careless like in Marquez4. I also think pacquiao would've knocked him out back in the day. Now I'm not so sure but he should give him a beating like Judah was doing to Mayweather in the first half of their fight
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote