Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
SJM

Drives: Camaro
I appreciate every comment and support to each individual who posted positive and negative comments.

Supercharged SS does have the right to voice his opinion and his feelings are valid to him. Though the lug nut issue may seem trivial to many, it was important to him. I feel we both had nothing but positive conversations every time we spoke. I have to admit, I was taken back a bit reading a public comment seemingly quite negative. I do feel the post is a bit harsh and reads quite negative. Forums are very good to communicate; sometimes you can read a phrase different ways and have a different interpretation.

I too felt bad that in the end, his lug nuts were different then all the other 2010 Camaro wheel setups we've done which have used their stock lugs and it delayed his race. …Especially when we worked very hard to meet the aggressive completion date. Something so small that was unexpected changed everything. The key word was unexpected.

Based on past experience, there was no reason to believe Supercharged SS lugs would have been different. Call it luck or roll of the dice; this was a non issue from builds back to late 2009 when we made the first setup for the 2010 Camaro.

Based on multiple phone discussions from Supercharged SS, now we are aware there evidently are different lugs offered with the wheel packages and have been proactive in our current builds on queue discussing with customers that they either should purchase lugs with the wheels or make sure they have the smaller style hex lugs.

I understand how Supercharged SS can interpret the stock lug comment on his invoice. I could have been more clear and stated 60 degree/conical tapered lugs etc. From a laymen point, this may be more confusing as that is not how they are typically represented. The notes listed represent one of essentially three options. We can build a wheel which is cut for the typical stock acorn lug taper OR we can cut the holes for shank style lugs OR setup for custom larger race studs using essentially a nut and spacer.

I consider each customer a personal client; they are not a sales number. I like to think I take the time to meet each of my client’s goals and leave them with a positive experience. I look forward to working with Supercharged SS again when he needs more assistance.

On a more personal note to supercharged SS, I had no way of knowing your lugs were different than all the other setups we've built for the 2010 Camaro. I wished that you left feeling different not that I have deceived you or misrepresented our product or design. Your wheels are built correctly, there is nothing wrong with the build or design for your car. It is unfortunate that you could not use your wheels on the one racing afternoon you planned due to the lug nuts you had in particular which did not fit in the opening of the wheel.

What does not work are the particular lug nuts that came with your car. I'm happy to hear that Ted has taken care of you. In the future, if you have additional concerns or comments, please give me a call. As always, I will personally take care of you.

I was curious as to why you couldn't find lug nuts. I'm not sure what stores you tried. I know the dealers should have lugs which will work. I verified locally two parts stores: Pep Boys and Autozone both had in stock 14mmx1.5 lugs. One used a 13/16 socket and was 5.99/4 pack, the other used a 19mm socket and was about the same price, both of which should be small enough to easily fit a socket into the ~1.125" tapered lug opening. If you were having problems finding lugs locally, if I would have known, I would have directed you accordingly. My last discussion with you was that you were handling it just fine. I would appreciate in the future the opportunity to assist you with corrective actions first to make things right vs. posting your concerns. I want you to be completely happy with our service and products, not left feeling let down
SJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Moved to the feedback forum.

Keep it clean guys.

No one, either buyer or seller, should feel like they have to negotiate online here. We know there are always 2 sides to any story and appreciate that there is no need to share the negotiation for all to see.

Just let us know if the situation is handled acceptably or not.

Thanks.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
JB @ C and L Machine

Drives: Ordered 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post

My opinion? Please never contact me for wheels, I'd rather not have a customer like you!

It sounds like you know one of my customers...lol I just did a 60 inch gear for a customer and they said some holes were off. They back charged me and they will be on the list of "We rather not do work for you"
JB @ C and L Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Steve, I don't know why we couldn't find them either. What we were looking for was not out of the ordinary. But we tried over a half dozen places, and even some "tire" stores but to no luck.

I find it out that so many people were not following what I was trying to say. I was dissapointed about the situation. Thats was it. Steve's wheels are a work of art. I never said anything that was negative about him or his product. The point of the op was to simply state that I was not able to use the wheels becasue of a lug nut. Steve said that he wsasn't aware that the stock lugs wouldn't work. On my end, I thought it would on Steve to make sure that I wouldn't have any issues. Its not the end of the world. I will have my lugs on Monday and all will be good if the weather holds out for Wed. Problem solved.

Steve, I truly apologize for the shit show that got started. I'll end it now. I can't thank you enough for all those late night emails and the fact that you DID get me the wheels as you promised. You guys have been great and I will be getting the fronts for you in the fall. I'm excited to try your set-up out. I'm sure that it will get us the results are looking for.

At least now we know to check into the lug nut situation for the 10' camaro. Sorry if it seemed like we were negotiating. I wasn't trying to. I was just stating what happend.

Thanks for all the replies guys, negative and positive, they were all helpful. I'll try and get to the track with the new numbers and let you all know what happens.

Steve, thanks for the offer on the help. I just asked Ted to help out because he is local. If I knew that we couldn't get them I would have just got them for you but you know we were scrambling to get something on Fri. I am a complete and happy customer, no need to worry about that. Again, sorry for the shit show, that was never my intention.

And my title say I wasn't happy so far...I know in the long run I'll be very happy. I prob could have went with a better title.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #19
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
story told, happy consumer, happy sponsor. thread closed!

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #20
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Amen!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #21
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Here's a few more pics of them mounted up.
Attached Images