Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #1303
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
Ya I know we won . Michigan.
But we got job on that last touch down.
That could have lost the game.
? How do you over turn that . WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
That was the most incredible thing ever! The tailgating before and after the game, the atmosphere, the camaraderie with all the fans, the walk into the Big House, and finally a win against OSU. Truly awesome. Go Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
They were robbed on the Toussaint TD. No way there was enough evidence to overturn that TD. Even the announcer Chris Spielman, an OSU grad, agreed.
It had to be indisputable video evidence. It CLEARLY was not. What was the line on that game? Hmmm, interesting. Replay booth guys probably had money on the game in Vegas. LMFAO What a joke of a call.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #1304
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I'm not saying it was the right call. I'm saying that's the way it seems to go these days for Michigan. It never seems to end. Maybe some leftover funk from the Rich Rod era? I don't know.
RichRod era is over. This year has been nothing short of spectacular so have NO idea what you are talking about. What doesn't seem to end? We are 10-2 with a great chance to go to a BCS bowl in a year that was not thought to be close to that kind of success. Brady Hoke has restored the Michigan name and it's gonna be the beginning of many years of success for him and all of us Michigan Fans.

Go Blue
Old 11-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #1305
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
RichRod era is over. This year has been nothing short of spectacular so have NO idea what you are talking about. What doesn't seem to end? We are 10-2 with a great chance to go to a BCS bowl in a year that was not thought to be close to that kind of success. Brady Hoke has restored the Michigan name and it's gonna be the beginning of many years of success for him and all of us Michigan Fans.

Go Blue
Maybe it's because I watched that Iowa game? Did you miss it?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #1306
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
OU sucks because they have no D-E-F-E-N-S-E! Just ask Texas Tech and Baylor!
I won't argue with that.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #1307
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
They went 10 - 2.... Pretty damn good if you ask me.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #1308
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
What about it? It's a team with a first year head coach still trying to put it together. We went 10-2 in his FIRST year and a possible BCS bowl. It is NOTHING short of spectacular.

Go Blue!!!

#ohiolost #goblue
Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #1309
Vulpine
'the Outcast'

Drives: N/A
Thumbs up Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I won't argue with that.
OU does have a good offense...I will give them that but right now offenses do not seem to win NC titles as of late.
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #1310
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
So what are the chances that Georgia upsets LSU? That would make things interesting!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #1311
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I usually do not talk alot of smack about college football, try to given an honest non-biased opinion.....

BUT

This past weekend I like many watched a ton of football, especially the 76 Iron Bowl between Alabama and Auburn.

Auburn looked like a high school team. 2 mistakes allowed Auburn 14 point....Kinda funny they had 31 total yards, 1 first down and 14 points and 44 total yards through 3 qtrs......Alabama was pissed from last year and they took it out on an unmatched Auburn team...the score could have been way worse if we would have continued to throw the ball and not tried to burn the clock. Auburn had their magical run last year but it is over maybe for another 57 years.

It now appears that an LSU-Alabama rematch will happen and the debate will start about OSU and Alabama's one loss. OSU was favored by 28 points to an unranked team and lost, Alabama was favored by 5 and lost to the #1 team in same fashion as OSU.....To me OSU loss was worse.

College football needs a playoff just like the FCS, but until then this is what we have like it or hate it. Money rules in alot of decisions just as this one...as soon as they can make it financially more viable than bowl games then we will have it.

For me I like the bowl games...kind of a miny vacation in the winter. I enjoy going to see other schools that I do not normally see, meeting different people and having a good time. But that is just me......BUT when a school makes 17 million dollars from 1 game in the BCSNCCG, yes 17 MILLION that is alot of hot dogs.......

A week to go and we will see how it all shakes out and if Bama does not go to the BCSNCCG then they only have themselves to blame, just like OSU, Stanford, VT etc........Personally I think Alabama would win against all those teams but we will never know.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #1312
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
If the two teams in the NC game are from the SEC, then that only proves that their conference doesn't beat up on each other nearly as much as the other conferences do.

The SEC has two teams that steamroll everyone else in their conference and then they claim that their conference is the best.

In my opinion, they can only claim that if their top dog goes to the NC game against the top dog of a different conference.

80% of the teams in the Big XII are bowl eligible. (That number increases if you include TCU's and WVU's records)
75% of the teams in the SEC are bowl eligible.
67% of the teams in the PAC-12 are bowl eligible.

Obviously Okie State has to beat OU to even argue the rights to play in the NC game. But at this juncture an all-SEC battle in the NC game is worthless for college football.

If the SEC wants real bragging rights, they should NOT want an all-SEC NC game.

In an unrelated note, did anyone see that Baylor vs. Texas Tech game? 108 total points scored and over 1,000 yards of total offense

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #1313
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
So what are the chances that Georgia upsets LSU? That would make things interesting!
Not a chance imo but then stranger things have happened.

Quote:
What about it? It's a team with a first year head coach still trying to put it together. We went 10-2 in his FIRST year and a possible BCS bowl. It is NOTHING short of spectacular.

Go Blue!!!

#ohiolost #goblue

that was a good Game. I'm still wondering why there was a TCU Fan wearing his TCU gear in the middle of the ohio state crowd lol

Congrats on the win !!!!!!! it looked like the old days right down to the end.

Thank goodness Ohio St has a young Qb who's timing isnt quite there yet in the 2nd quarter that could have been a TD pass at the corner of the end zone ( over thrown ) And those two deep passes on the last drive where the WR was wide open for the deep ball and the QB over threw them.
I'm not shocked that OSU held in there like they did with as many Great recruits as they have had over the last decade I can see how they hung in there.

Michigan just took care of the ball better and managed the clock better.

Hats off to denard robinson and the Seniors on that team they deserve it.

BETTER TEAM WON

IMO that game ended on a coaches shoulders. Calm down your players and run a 2 minute offense. No clock control and poor team control.

Oh well for you OSU fans yall needed this Loss this will get you what you want a New coach. Dont worry yall will be back OSU isnt going to be down long at all.

Now the question everyone wants to know is Myer going to OSU lol

if not who is???????? after that loss to Michigan and the rest during the year I dont see OSU keeping this coach.

Funny just as I type this ( here on my lunch break ) ESPN radio says Myer accepts Job YIKES

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 11-28-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #1314
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
If the two teams in the NC game are from the SEC, then that only proves that their conference doesn't beat up on each other nearly as much as the other conferences do.

The SEC has two teams that steamroll everyone else in their conference and then they claim that their conference is the best.

In my opinion, they can only claim that if their top dog goes to the NC game against the top dog of a different conference.

80% of the teams in the Big XII are bowl eligible. (That number increases if you include TCU's and WVU's records)
75% of the teams in the SEC are bowl eligible.
67% of the teams in the PAC-12 are bowl eligible.

Obviously Okie State has to beat OU to even argue the rights to play in the NC game. But at this juncture an all-SEC battle in the NC game is worthless for college football.

If the SEC wants real bragging rights, they should NOT want an all-SEC NC game.

In an unrelated note, did anyone see that Baylor vs. Texas Tech game? 108 total points scored and over 1,000 yards of total offense
I see your arguement about playing other conferences in the BCS National Championship....Let see the history of this .

1998 Tenn - 23 Fl St -16
1999 Fl St 46 VT 29
2000 OU 13 - Fl St 2
2001 Miami 37 Nebraska 14
2002 Ohio St 31 Miami 24
2003 LSU 21 OU 14
2004 USC 55 OU 19
2005 Texas 41 USC 38
2006 Florida 41 - Ohio St 14
2007 LSU 38 - Ohio St 24
2008 Florida 24 - OU 14
2009 Alabama 37 -Texas 21
2010 Auburn 22 - Oregon 19

Seems to me that the SEC HAS beaten other conferences to include the Big 12, Pac 10, ACC. Who's next....The Big East.

OU has played in more BCS NCCG and lost more that they have won, same with Ohio State. Till a non BCS team beats an SEC Team in the National Championship game you can say what you want but the proof is in the pudding.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #1315
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
You just proved my point

If SEC wants to continue on their "we're better than everyone else" high, then they should all be discouraging an all-SEC NC game

Imagine Alabama beats LSU. Who gets the title? Since they both beat each other, are they technically co-champions? But LSU will still have one more win than Alabama.

If LSU beats Alabama, then every team with one loss (or every conference champion) will complain that since LSU had already beaten Alabama once, then someone else from a different conference should have had the opportunity to play the oh-so-mighty Tigers.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #1316
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:

Go Blue!!!

#ohiolost #goblue
Urban Meyer to Ohio st.
? what will this do to MICHIGAN recruiting.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote