Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #1429
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Texas got Cal.

Anyone know if Cal is any good this year? They're in the PAC-64, right?

Who cares we are going to the Holiday bowl in Sandiego lol

we got a chance to get healthier and go out on top of our game and take something positive into the offseason.

Also lol

Sandiego loves us because us Texans travel like no other and we take money there and spend it like its nothing on souviners and disneyworld or land which ever and promote there economy.

They love it when we can come I just want a good healthy team back on the field so we can get back to being us.

want a laugh ?

I heard this on ESPN radio yesterday.

Our defensive Cordinator manny diaz was talking to the team for the first time yesterday about the Holiday bowl they all looked HAPPY like kids on XMAS morning he said lol

kind of freaked him out so he asked a important question

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A BOWL PLEASE STAND UP. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE STAY SEATED.

ALL BUT 7 IN THAT ROOM STOOD

HOLY HELL we are young this explains a lot
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #1430
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
No hate coming from here! From day one this year, I have said that LSU is the team to beat. So far no team has proved my prediction wrong. So, if the Tide fails again.....the BCSNCG was a big waste. If the Tide's blind Squirrel manages to find a nut and wins in a close one.....LSU is still the BCSNC, or we have co-champs, another waste. I just think watching one of the nations top total offensive teams/OSU trying to score on the nations best defenses would have been way more exciting to watch! Good luck to all teams!!!!
I too, as a college football fan would like to see that, BUT I still think that LSU would eat them alive as would Alabama just based on historical data.

When OU played Florida OU was scoring 55 points a game and Florida won 24-14....Texas was scoring alot of points and lost to Bama, albeit their QB got hurt. Last year Oregon was scoring a point a minute until they played Auburn. My point is this that when these type of offense play for all the marbles they do not do well.

I truly think this will be an entirely different game.....both coaches will open it up and of course I think Alabama will win. I do not see this going into OT

But let me ask all you fans something is a 6-6 game not as good as a 35-35 game. Both Alabama and LSU have scored tons of points this year except when they played each other.

Everyone talks about OSU blowing out OU.......NOT even though the score was lopsided. OU GAVE them points, the QB could not hold the ball in his hands with no one around him. 21 points off of turnovers two QB dropped balls and 1 RB fumble and we all admit OU does not have a defense.

I guess it is just in how you look at it...Offense puts butts in the seats but defenses win Championship.

For the sake of arguement what if Alabama wins 31-14 what happens then?
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #1431
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Boise state going to big east.

I think like tcu in the big12 this is going to take them places
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #1432
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Moving on to the Heisman vote, if I had a vote it would go for the honey badger. He's the best player on the best team in the NCAA. I don't know how you can say anyone is a better player than Tyran this year except for that suspension issue. Luck is the best NFL prospect and the other guys are awesome, but they aren't better than Tyran. I'm not an LSU fan at all, but that guy is unbelievable and relentless. There hasn't been anyone like that before, not even Charles Woodson. Just sayin'!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #1433
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I too, as a college football fan would like to see that, BUT I still think that LSU would eat them alive as would Alabama just based on historical data.

When OU played Florida OU was scoring 55 points a game and Florida won 24-14....Texas was scoring alot of points and lost to Bama, albeit their QB got hurt. Last year Oregon was scoring a point a minute until they played Auburn. My point is this that when these type of offense play for all the marbles they do not do well.

I truly think this will be an entirely different game.....both coaches will open it up and of course I think Alabama will win. I do not see this going into OT

But let me ask all you fans something is a 6-6 game not as good as a 35-35 game. Both Alabama and LSU have scored tons of points this year except when they played each other.

Everyone talks about OSU blowing out OU.......NOT even though the score was lopsided. OU GAVE them points, the QB could not hold the ball in his hands with no one around him. 21 points off of turnovers two QB dropped balls and 1 RB fumble and we all admit OU does not have a defense.

I guess it is just in how you look at it...Offense puts butts in the seats but defenses win Championship.

You keep bringing up historical data. Stop. If you want to use historical data, then here's some for you.

9-6

But hey, if the final score has more than just field goals in it, I suppose that will appease some people.

Yes, defense wins championships. And yes, offense will often put seats in the stands. But what really sells tickets AND television viewership is great matchups. Seeing two teams play who match up very well on both sides of the ball is infinitely more entertaining than watching two amazing defenses play two mediocre offenses.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #1434
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Wonder why they didn't go to the Big 12 which is closer?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #1435
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Co-Champs!!! LSU played a much harder schedule than the Tide!!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #1436
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
we got a chance to get healthier and go out on top of our game and take something positive into the offseason.
Amen!! \m/ And we can hope we start next year with a QB who can hit the side of a big red barn!!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #1437
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Amen!! \m/ And we can hope we start next year with a QB who can hit the side of a big red barn!!
Wouldn't that be wonderful

Old 12-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #1438
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Alabama also made it alot easier for LSU when they broke up Brantley..........

Alabama played pretty much the same teams except Penn St and WV.......beside the cupcakes....the scores were pretty much the same within 6 points......the only difference is LSU played Oregon and the results would have been the same had Alabama played them. All this is subjective because you never really know how a team is going to do when you schedule them.

Kind of like next year Alabama plays Michigan in Dallas the first game of the season......and you add to my point that Boise St has no business in the conversation because they really don't play anybody.

If Alabama beats Michigan and Michigan falls off the map then people say "Schedule" like Florida this year...their QB gets hurt and they struggle most of the year without him...he does come back but plays hurt..........You schedule who you schedule.

In 2007 LSU has 2 losses but won the BCSNCCG.

You just never know how these things play out.

I do understand why some are upset since the SEC has won 5 in a row against all conferences and they want to see someone else win...the same would be if the roles were reversed.

I do like to think of myself as an objective person and not just an Alabama nut, LOL....just like I would have loved to see Colt finish the game in Pasadena...but like this we will never know for sure.

Kinda like our cars......we tend to like them more than the Mustang folks do, think ours is the best...yada yada yada.....same with college football.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #1439
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

On a side note Skooter......I just saw that you are from San Antonio.......I had some training a few years ago at the AF Base for the DOJ and I really liked the area...great food, great people....went to a Bar B Q place that had an outdoor concert area and saw Wade Bowen....loved his music and the food.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #1440
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Glad you liked the area I would say I know what place you're talking about, but honestly, there's probably a few dozen BBQ establishments around town with concert stages

I've never been to Alabama, but I hear it's also a great place to visit

Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #1441
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Kind of like next year Alabama plays Michigan in Dallas the first game of the season.....
Michigan has a lot of work to do in the off season it they want to be competitive in this game.......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #1442
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
I just heard they done a preliminary poll among voters and CG3 looks to be the winner of the heisman trophy. If you look at the numbers he does deserve it.
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote