Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #169
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Go go go go go go go go go...hapi...
Old 04-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #170
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
I have the 25mm insulator, it doesn't look like the plenum spacer will fit because of the back bolt....
Old 04-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #171
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Guys,

My apologizes for the delay in chiming into this thread, I'll do the best I can to answer your questions/statements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
No dyno number, but I have Jennifer Lopez number if you are interested .
Please share LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTires&Oil View Post
Can I get a price on the plenum spacer and bolt kit for 3/8" spacer 35244 please.
Will PM shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
Has any of the spacer shipped yet?
A hand full have, however about 12 will be packed ready for shipping tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Man View Post
Can I get a price on the plenum spacer shipped to 45409 thanks!
Will PM shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
yesh...
Go hapisok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
That's not an issue. plenum spacer is one of the easiest part to swap. 8 bolts and about 15 minutes is all it take, but more numbers from different peoples is always a good thing

go hapi go LOL

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
Big job but someone has to do it LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
I have the 25mm insulator, it doesn't look like the plenum spacer will fit because of the back bolt....
It will fit BUT, the plenum spacer profile has been designed such that it doesn't need the rear most bolt on the plenum for it to seal, when used in conjunction with the supplied silicone, to make fitment easier
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #172
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Alright Mace I have some questions. I have been reading all these different threads and just need to clarify some things. I will be ordering the Plenum spacer and 25mm manifold spacer. What else do I need to order? Also I will be adding the VRAM intake. Should I get an updated tune from Vince? Any noticeable gains with a tune vs. No tune?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #173
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post
Alright Mace I have some questions. I have been reading all these different threads and just need to clarify some things. I will be ordering the Plenum spacer and 25mm manifold spacer. What else do I need to order? Also I will be adding the VRAM intake. Should I get an updated tune from Vince? Any noticeable gains with a tune vs. No tune?

"Alright Mace I have some questions. I have been reading all these different threads and just need to clarify some things. I will be ordering the Plenum spacer and 25mm manifold spacer. What else do I need to order?"
In regards to parts/components nothing as it all comes in the kit

"Also I will be adding the VRAM intake. Should I get an updated tune from Vince?"
For the VRAM definitely, for the spacers it's not as urgent.

"Any noticeable gains with a tune vs. No tune?"
Not a huge amount, though I'm sure others will be able to chime in based on their direct experience

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #174
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Thanks Steve

BTW, love the 25mm insulator, unreal difference...
Old 04-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #175
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post

Also, to get the VRAM to work with the 25mm insulator properly, you may need to shave down and angle the horn of the intake a bit like bmorecam did to his.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #176
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
With our LLT theres such a small room to play with when it come to tuning. The only way tuning come into play is when a mod skews the current adjustment such as your fueling and air flow, and that's when tuning can come in play to correct the adjustment back to suitable level. I notice that most peoples think you are supposed to get tuned for each new mod you do. This is not true and it does not work that way with our LLT. There are 3 very basic things that's mainly changed. Those are, fueling, air flow, and spark. All these things can be looked at through datalog, with the exception of your air and fuel ratio which can only be looked at with a wideband meter. Its very important to keep your eye on these things because one thing can always skew the other.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #177
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Bemore.. that makes sense.

But if tracy sees the knock reduced by 80% at high rpms (Plenum Intake) then he is able to run more timing. Increasing HP.. Correct?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #178
bmorecam
Account Suspended

If the knock is reduced, it's going to advance more timing on its own on this ecm. MBT on this engine is between 26 to 30. Sweet spot seem to be right around 28* and with the tune the timing does not go pass 32* on wot it seems. Anything over that ignition advance you are not going to make more power. We tested this over and over on the dyno with same scenario. Reducing knock on this engine basically just keep the power more stable and constant. This is one stubborn and very stingy ecm, but it also goes to show how well GM already calibrated from factory.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #179
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
If the knock is reduced, it's going to advance more timing on its own on this ecm. MBT on this engine is between 26 to 30. Sweet spot seem to be right around 28* and with the tune the timing does not go pass 32* on wot it seems. Anything over that ignition advance you are not going to make more power. We tested this over and over on the dyno with same scenario. Reducing knock on this engine basically just keep the power more stable and constant. This is one stubborn and very stingy ecm, but it also goes to show how well GM already calibrated from factory.

Great!! So its smart enough to do it on its own. Thanks for the explanation.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #180
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Anytime mach

Old 04-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #181
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
Pic of plenum spacer w/25mm installed on page 3 of this thread .

It is very close!!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #182
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Pic of plenum spacer w/25mm installed on page 3 of this thread .

It is very close!!

Wow. it's close now without the PS, It looks like I'll have to remove the manifold that's on the 25mm now to be able to add the PS.

If the hype about this produces the same type of gain the 25mm did, it's worth the cost/trouble.....