Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #281
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
I put the 4 spacers on top of the 4 hole gasket, will that be a problem? I haven't started the car yet, did the mod last night.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #282
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
I put the 4 spacers on top of the 4 hole gasket, will that be a problem? I haven't started the car yet, did the mod last night.
If you used the original gasket on the outside then it will be fine
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #283
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
If you used the original gasket on the outside then it will be fine

Thanks, I used the gasket maker on the manifold side of the spacer and the factory gasket in the cover side.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #284
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Thanks, I used the gasket maker on the manifold side of the spacer and the factory gasket in the cover side.
It should still be ok, but you'll find a variance in thickness between the spacer bushes in the middle and the plenum spacer on the outside.

Preference though would be to run no factory gaskets or both
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #285
h2oplay
Winners find a way

If I decided to run factory gaskets on both sides, would I also need a second center 4 hole gasket?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #286
MACE_ENG

Quote:
If I decided to run factory gaskets on both sides, would I also need a second center 4 hole gasket?
As long as the gaskets are used in pairs then it's fine. Basically if you want to use the inside gasket, you really have to use the outside one as well
Old 05-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #287
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
As long as the gaskets are used in pairs then it's fine. Basically if you want to use the inside gasket, you really have to use the outside one as well

Thanks, sounds like what I've done.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #288
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Thanks, sounds like what I've done.
Ah excellent, you'll be able to fire her up then
Old 05-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #289
Jujuman

Drives: 2010 LLT V6.
Just wanted to say thanks Steve from MACE for the great combo deal on the Plenum spacer and 25mm insulator, everything needed for the install was supplied and by buying a 13mm swivel ratchet for the bolts in the rear the job only took bout 1.5hr total. My ilde seems to feel better and the low end torque feels allot better my CEL came on but it went away after about half hour of driving turning the car off and restarting. Next up some cams, I am waiting patiently but I hope to get my paws on em before I go on a long road trip to Vegas! this summer.
Jujuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #290
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
so i hit the dyno today but i am NOT posting the results. not sure what is going on, but im pulling mad timing and need to get a data log off to vince so he can look at it and make any corrections necessary. down low, KR was 1-2* but up top above 5500rpm i was pulling up to 9* of KR...so, until this gets straightened out with vince, then you'll just have to keep waiting...sorry guys
Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #291
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
follow this direction for free service manual.

I hope I get Kudo's for this one!

https://elibrary.mel.org/validate?ur...ch%3Fdb%3DCHLL

And for the Login ID, just use ANY letter and then 12 numbers. Any 12 numbers, that is the format for a Michigan License number.

So like "a123456789012" Sounds crazy, but it works!

Feel free to print, pdf, or whatever to keep a record because you will never know when this will go down. props to DSM!

Enjoy Guys!
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #292
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
KUDO's JAY!!! it works...

Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #293
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujuman View Post
Just wanted to say thanks Steve from MACE for the great combo deal on the Plenum spacer and 25mm insulator, everything needed for the install was supplied and by buying a 13mm swivel ratchet for the bolts in the rear the job only took bout 1.5hr total. My ilde seems to feel better and the low end torque feels allot better my CEL came on but it went away after about half hour of driving turning the car off and restarting. Next up some cams, I am waiting patiently but I hope to get my paws on em before I go on a long road trip to Vegas! this summer.
Glad to hear you're happy Jujuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
so i hit the dyno today but i am NOT posting the results. not sure what is going on, but im pulling mad timing and need to get a data log off to vince so he can look at it and make any corrections necessary. down low, KR was 1-2* but up top above 5500rpm i was pulling up to 9* of KR...so, until this gets straightened out with vince, then you'll just have to keep waiting...sorry guys
Bummer Well at least the wheels are in motion though Just means a little bit more of this ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
follow this direction for free service manual.

I hope I get Kudo's for this one!

https://elibrary.mel.org/validate?ur...ch%3Fdb%3DCHLL

And for the Login ID, just use ANY letter and then 12 numbers. Any 12 numbers, that is the format for a Michigan License number.

So like "a123456789012" Sounds crazy, but it works!

Feel free to print, pdf, or whatever to keep a record because you will never know when this will go down. props to DSM!

Enjoy Guys!
bmorecam and Chiltonlibrary FTW!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #294
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Thanks bmore...