Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #183
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
I am one of the first to get a little bent over young folks having it "too easy, handed to them" sometimes, but in defense of the young Camaro owner's here...

I helped my kids get cars (where my parents didn't for me). They didn't get brand new $20K plus cars though. I am fairly comfortable financially, but can't afford to do that for them. I think I spent $4K for my one boy, $4K for another, and about $4500 for a '77 Trans Am for the other (many years back). Now if I had four times my income, maybe I'd have spent 4 times as much for them, who knows.

What I do know is that my kids are the most important things that I have, so I'd do anything for them. I want them to learn to earn and fend for themselves, but if I was making a fortune in income, they'd probably be driving around in high end sports cars also. I don't know.

Remember that the things we have are directly related to our income brackets. To a millionaire, an exotic sports car is not too deep from the pocket.

It's very easy, even for me, to curse the young em's out there sometimes, but I have to remember not to become that crazy old man that would stand in front of his house when we were playing ball as kids yelling, "Get your da#n ball off my lawn you da#n kids!!!"
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

Old 10-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #184
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Anybody remember the mtv show sweet 16? Yeah... talk about spoiled brats lol
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
I am one of the first to get a little bent over young folks having it "too easy, handed to them" sometimes, but in defense of the young Camaro owner's here...

I helped my kids get cars (where my parents didn't for me). They didn't get brand new $20K plus cars though. I am fairly comfortable financially, but can't afford to do that for them. I think I spent $4K for my one boy, $4K for another, and about $4500 for a '77 Trans Am for the other (many years back). Now if I had four times my income, maybe I'd have spent 4 times as much for them, who knows.

What I do know is that my kids are the most important things that I have, so I'd do anything for them. I want them to learn to earn and fend for themselves, but if I was making a fortune in income, they'd probably be driving around in high end sports cars also. I don't know.

Remember that the things we have are directly related to our income brackets. To a millionaire, an exotic sports car is not too deep from the pocket.

It's very easy, even for me, to curse the young em's out there sometimes, but I have to remember not to become that crazy old man that would stand in front of his house when we were playing ball as kids yelling, "Get your da#n ball off my lawn you da#n kids!!!"
^This. I like you.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #185
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post

Old 10-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #186
TXST_GILLEY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee6430 View Post
2012 2SS RS
Im 18 now, bought when I was 16. And no, my parents did not put one cent down for this. You can catch me every weekend, holiday, and summer up at 5am going to work.
It's crazy how much hate I receive for this.
Respect
Old 10-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #187
sho928

Drives: Porsche 928 S4, Mustang GT vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post

This wasn't my first car. I had an old 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 80,000 miles on it. It was in great condition for a 16 year old's first car. But me being the little dragster I am, I wanted a new car when I graduated from high school. That being said, I didn't mosey my way through high school. I was always on the honor roll. Not like I didn't really earn it. Who's to stop parents from giving their children what they think they deserve? And for those, young and old, that bought their Camaros by themselves, props to you! That's a great accomplishment to say you've bought your own car. I am so thankful that I have parents that were willing to buy me my Camaro. So, don't hate on the younger crowd, regardless if we bought our cars or not.

I paid all my own tuition working summer jobs and nights year around fixing automated teller machines till 1:00 AM for 5-years of University, did not reside on campus drove to class in a 66-Chevelle with a 230-six that I paid $ 75.00 for.

My point? Times have changed today's youth have much less opportunity for rewarding careers. Tuition is $ 60K a year thus Teens are under pressure to score in the top 2% to get a full scholarship.

I was late for final exams due to car breakdowns in my clapped out beaters.

Today I would not hesitate to buy my Daughter one of the safest cars on the road. Beats her getting rides with that 18-yr old and his twin turbo and a six pack in the console. She has a long hard road ahead of her as it is.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #188
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho928 View Post
I paid all my own tuition working summer jobs and nights year around fixing automated teller machines till 1:00 AM for 5-years of University, did not reside on campus drove to class in a 66-Chevelle with a 230-six that I paid $ 75.00 for.

My point? Times have changed today's youth have much less opportunity for rewarding careers. Tuition is $ 60K a year thus Teens are under pressure to score in the top 2% to get a full scholarship.

I was late for final exams due to car breakdowns in my clapped out beaters.

Today I would not hesitate to buy my Daughter one of the safest cars on the road. Beats her getting rides with that 18-yr old and his twin turbo and a six pack in the console. She has a long hard road ahead of her as it is.
My dad who is 52, grew up working since he was a kid. He bought each of his cars with his own money. He didn't ask to borrow money from my grandparents (who are pretty well off). Granted all his cars were used. Which there is NOTHING wrong with that. I respect him for being able to buy his own cars, and trust me, he had a lot. I have an even greater respect for him because my Camaro was the first car he bought brand new. I do agree that times have changed. But one day, I hope I can do the same for my child like my dad did for me. And IMO, this thread has gone too far...

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
Old 10-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #189
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post

??? I'm agreeing with you
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
Old 10-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #190
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Didn't have any of my cars bought for me, but my parents did teach me about saving. Up to a point, of course.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #191
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1LE View Post
Some people did earn and work and pay for everything they have. I'm 23 years old and I own/paid for my own 2013 1LE and live at my own $220k house and pay all my/fiancé's own bills. So to judge people by there age is stupid and the shame should be on you all degrading younger people for owning a camaro. It's just a camaro, y'all are acting like its a Bugatti or something.
Im not degrading...would you say you earned your car for being a good boy at 17.....facts are facts..until you earn it..you dont deserve it. Will you be handing your kid the keys to a new camaro when they turn 16 because they are doing well in school ?....i wonder what their future boss would give them if the came to work for a week straight. The shame should be put back on for trying to make some of these posts valid.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #192
SilverSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Im not degrading...would you say you earned your car for being a good boy at 17.....facts are facts..until you earn it..you dont deserve it. Will you be handing your kid the keys to a new camaro when they turn 16 because they are doing well in school ?....i wonder what their future boss would give them if the came to work for a week straight. The shame should be put back on for trying to make some of these posts valid.
It is degrading and I'm not saying some or any of the posts are valid, I'm saying don't open your mouth about young people thinking they didn't earn it or buy it themselves. You don't know if they bought it or if there parents gave it to them. And even if there parents did buy it for them who cares, it's a $30k camaro, these things aren't a big deal. Your just all pissed off because your all 30 40 & 50 years old and just now being able to fit one of these cars into your life. At that age y'all should be in ZR1's and TT Lambos not camaro's. I know, promise, I will. Maybe if you did better in school you could've been able to buy one a long time ago
Old 10-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #193
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I'm not sure if YOU agree or not, but I feel like Teachers, Nurses, Police Officers and of course Veterans should be driving these vehicles. It's sad that most of these professions will never pay enough to afford a vehicle such as an Audi R8.

Nothing angers me more then when I see a legit Veteran who served 4 or more years in the Military homeless begging for food....really pisses me off! I see this sometimes in SF, and people just walk on by WITHOUT A SHIT GIVEN......

I have parents that worked full-time all their life's (one still does other is retired law-enforcement) and they still struggle to the max to get by here in California where the State loves to screw you HARD AND FAST!

F YEAH. I feel the same way.. pisses me way off seeing people who work hard their whole lives struggling to make it. yet some ( not all) young kids just get handed everything...

What pisses me off most is gangbangers and other career criminals making it.

end rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #194
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
I was a teen when I first got my camaro. I was eight-teen. Now I'm twenty-one. Never been in trouble for speeding, nor have i ever wrecked. I earned my Camaro through the hard work I put into school, and now going to graduate with a diploma from College.
It depends on who receives the Camaro and type of attitude they have.
I have never bragged about my Camaro, but I do get lots of compliments that I acknowledge and thank the person.
Not every teen is a prick,asshole, or arrogant. It also depends on how you were raised.
In contrast, degrading younger people kind of makes you a prick. You don't know what they did to deserve or acquire it. Assumptions are never good.
End rant.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #195
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
It is degrading and I'm not saying some or any of the posts are valid, I'm saying don't open your mouth about young people thinking they didn't earn it or buy it themselves. You don't know if they bought it or if there parents gave it to them. And even if there parents did buy it for them who cares, it's a $30k camaro, these things aren't a big deal. Your just all pissed off because your all 30 40 & 50 years old and just now being able to fit one of these cars into your life. At that age y'all should be in ZR1's and TT Lambos not camaro's. I know, promise, I will. Maybe if you did better in school you could've been able to buy one a long time ago

Telling it how it is! Hell yah
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #196
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Really ? Now your the one shooting off his mouth about what you think people should be driving at a certain age...what do you know about anything ? At your age ..30 ..40 or 50 we should be driving lambos....thats what you posted. That right there tells me you dont have an clue about life. When you have an opinion about how life should be..do me a favour . Just keep it to yourself....because its just useless info.

Closed Thread