Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #2395
slick1ru

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Rouge: Man, isn't it pretty? I feel like doing the "Ahhhhh" Vanna White maneuver every time I see mine.

Gem: Time for myself? What the hell is that? Did you ever wonder what you used to do before kids? What did we do with all that free time? Before kids you have a vivid imagination and outrageous fantasies, after kids all you do is dream of naps.
slick1ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #2396
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru View Post
Rouge: Man, isn't it pretty? I feel like doing the "Ahhhhh" Vanna White maneuver every time I see mine.

Gem: Time for myself? What the hell is that? Did you ever wonder what you used to do before kids? What did we do with all that free time? Before kids you have a vivid imagination and outrageous fantasies, after kids all you do is dream of naps.

Yes, yes it is. Loving every second of it.

And, why do you think I'm single without kids.....I like to play way too much for that kind of chain!

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #2397
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
Yes, yes it is. Loving every second of it.

Congrats Rogue. Looks absolutely awesome.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #2398
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Congrats Rogue. Looks absolutely awesome.
Thanks.

Just set up the appointment with Pro Tint for Thursday morning. I'll be much less nervous about her when she's got her protection on the front and around the gills.

It's funny, when I called he said "Yeah, I had a couple guys in last week who knew you". Pro Tint definitely likes us

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #2399
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Send a message via ICQ to sheslc4 Send a message via Yahoo to sheslc4
Darth, that sounds really nice and give it awhile and the sound will get deeper.
I am doing Magnaflow axle back on mine hopefully next week. Getting it from JDP.

Rouge, good job on the pics. I'm glad to hear Pro Tint likes us. I will be visiting them the following week.

J, sorry Lightning isn't better yet. Why the heck did they have to take the door panel off. Hmmmmm......strange.

Brainhart, glad you had a good time. Love the grill and the pics are just awesome!

Gem, once he has the jacket it takes less than a week.

Slick, good luck getting through your week. Sounds like you need a vacation.

DDA, you are welcome to join us anytime.
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Pfadt - Sway Bar Endlinks
Magnaflow - 2.5" Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust
Airaid Cold Air Intake System
Elite Engineering - PCV Catch Can
sheslc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #2400
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...21#post1626821

That's all I got for tonight. Now to watch "Men who stare at goats"!!

Sooch out!!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #2401
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...21#post1626821

That's all I got for tonight. Now to watch "Men who stare at goats"!!

Sooch out!!
Awesome pics SSOOCH!!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #2402
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth V8R View Post
Here's a quick and dirty clip of the new exhaust!

Had the Solo Performance Mach-X catback installed. My sales rep got the service dept to install it for 70 bucks, so I just went through them to get it done. Lots of black smoke, likely since I just barely got it home

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtukka/...48/?likes_hd=1
That does sound good! It will get better as time goes by too!
I really liked the way mine sounded when I got it done, but since then, it got even better!
Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #2403
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrainhart View Post
Congrats Rogue! Hopefully this weather will be gone soon for you to really drive it!

Got back from Phoenix yesterday, had a good time.

I've more than doubled my mileage in the last 3 weeks,
But loved every minute of it!

Averaged 24mpg, with an average speed ~10 over the speed limit (whether that would be 65mph or 90mph).
That included driving around downtown Phoenix, rush hour there,
parked, sight seeing, climbing 3,000 feet, dropping 3,000 feet, spouts of WOT to pass people, etc...

Props to the Camaro team!

Radar detector did come in handy a couple of times...

I'm down with a weekend excursion to the south!
I'm planning a large trip, down to San Diego, then up the coast, probably up to northern Oregon, then back home.

Here are a couple shots from around Lake Powell (including my new Heritage grill):
Very nice pictures!!! That is something I'd like to do soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
Cool give me PM price quote if you wouldn't mind and also price on some magnaflow mufflers. thanks.
Hi Gem,

I'll send you a quote shortly including a few different options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth V8R View Post
Here's a quick and dirty clip of the new exhaust!

Had the Solo Performance Mach-X catback installed. My sales rep got the service dept to install it for 70 bucks, so I just went through them to get it done. Lots of black smoke, likely since I just barely got it home

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtukka/...48/?likes_hd=1
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
Ok, a pic from this morning (Sorry, I don't have a real camera, I'll try and get one tomorrow)

And one from this afternoon

And, how could I not park here???

Congrats!!! Did you get the L99 or LS3? I love black but man is it hard to keep clean! I had a black Camaro and it looked awesome clean but I spent a lot of time keeping it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Lightning is still in the hospital. They had to take the driver's side door panel off for some reason, I don't know why, there was no damage there. When they did they broke some little plastic part that connects a cable to the door release mechanism. Of course there wasn't one to be had in Utah so they have to fly one in. When I talked to them yesterday it wasn't here yet. Also they have to replace the custom stripe on the rear quarter panel driver's side. As of yesterday late that wasn't done yet either. I've got an accessory coming in that I paid for last October. It might be here before the car is out of the hospital. Me sad. :(
:(
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #2404
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheslc4 View Post
Darth, that sounds really nice and give it awhile and the sound will get deeper.
I am doing Magnaflow axle back on mine hopefully next week. Getting it from JDP.
I'm really looking forward to it!! We'll get some good sound clips and post them up when we're done. Like the Solo the Magnaflow system will take about 1000-1500 miles to break in. I prefer Magnaflow over the competition for various reasons including made in the USA and a lifetime warranty. Another thing is Magnaflow raps the straight through core with stainless steel and packs the case with basalt (lava rock) which keeps the tone consistent after break in where some manufactures use fiberglass which keeps getting louder and louder over time.

I'm also looking forward to the Airaid intake test!!! It will be interesting to see what she makes on the dyno and I can't wait to see what your impressions are!

If anyone is looking for exhaust our prices are MUCH lower than you'll see posted on our website so please call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for pricing. I know some choose other systems because they think the Magnaflow is too expensive but our pricing is as good or better than most systems and you get a lot more for your $$ IMHO.

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #2405
slick1ru

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
First part of trial DONE. Note to all, do not put things on your Facebook page that you do not want others to get a hold of. Don't get me wrong. I was appreciative that the opposing party testified that they were unemployed, but low and behold.... I just happened to have a copy of their Facebook page.....which clearly listed the employer. Thank you Internet.

You know they have those TV shows, "World's Dumbest Criminals?" I think there should be one for witnesses.

Finally, my son is hooked on the song "Final Countdown." Someone please help me. Haven't I listened to that enough since 1986?
slick1ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #2406
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I'm really looking forward to it!! We'll get some good sound clips and post them up when we're done. Like the Solo the

I'm also looking forward to the Airaid intake test!!! It will be interesting to see what she makes on the dyno and I can't wait to see what your impressions are!

Last Sunday was the first time I really opened her up and was very happy with the V6's performance.
I am excited to get these mods done and go out and do it again.
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Old 03-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #2407
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru View Post
Finally, my son is hooked on the song "Final Countdown." Someone please help me. Haven't I listened to that enough since 1986?
I am sure you can find something better in your "oldies" collection to introduce him to.
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Old 03-24-2010, 02:31 AM   #2408
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Hmmm every time i try launch control. It will go over 5000 rpms, and so i panic and am to afraid to try it.

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote