Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #29
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
No date set that I'm aware, but it should be any day (for a 14).

For a 15, you are likely looking at May with August delivery.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #30
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I was going to order one but found on near by in RI went to look at it today and now i am picking it up Saturday deals done no waiting here.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #31
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Mine was delivered last year on March 11th with a few flurries falling.....Picked her up on the 16th.. TPW was Feb 28th.. So keep the faith.... and hopefully you will all be able to order soon!!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #32
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I want wahat I want, so I will not give in and settle for whats on a deaers lot. I will wait patiently.
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #33
Oregon1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorLED View Post
I want wahat I want, so I will not give in and settle for whats on a deaers lot. I will wait patiently.
I'm so with ya on this one! I found a car I was looking for , but when I looked at it , there was 57 miles on it and I could see the lot boy glaring at me ! So maybe it's "carma" I was a lot boy too (25 years ago) and I have to admit .....I had my way with many camaros and corvettes when I had to check them in and final detail them. I can remember many discussions with my buddies about how good there neighbors new corvette runs! Have to say , I never screwed anything up, and it sure built the passion I have inside me today for good old Chevrolet!

Tomorrow my dealer hits the send button on my 2SS/RS 1LE, triple black, recaros, NPP, and NO sunroof! BELIEVE ME I will be sitting outside the dealer when the truck gets here to watch every move that car makes till it makes it's way to its new home!
Oregon1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #34
Oregonfield

Drives: 2014 Camaro ss
I ordered a RRM fully loaded 1LE just waiting for Jeff at Capitol Chev (Salem, OR) to pull the trigger. He's telling me that there is a supply issue with the 1LE wheels so SS-1le, ZL1, and Z28's are going through slowly, They are the biggest sellers of Camaro's in the state.
Just as a reminder though if you don't want hole's in your front bumper, make sure you let your dealer know that you do not want the front plate put on.
Oregonfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #35
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonfield View Post
I ordered a RRM fully loaded 1LE just waiting for Jeff at Capitol Chev (Salem, OR) to pull the trigger. He's telling me that there is a supply issue with the 1LE wheels so SS-1le, ZL1, and Z28's are going through slowly, They are the biggest sellers of Camaro's in the state.
Just as a reminder though if you don't want hole's in your front bumper, make sure you let your dealer know that you do not want the front plate put on.
Three things here: First, the 1LE and ZL1 haven't been in production for like two months now, so there shouldn't be (and I haven't heard reported) of any wheel shortages. Second, as they aren't currently being produced, they aren't being produced slowly. And third, the Z28 and 1LE/ZL1 use different wheels (and the Zl1 has two wheel options).

Regardless of items on constraint, the orders will be accepted. They just won't progress through the system until parts are available.

So it sounds like you misunderstood, or more likely, he's blowing smoke for some reason. In any case, I'd be suspicious and get clarification, or take your business elsewhere.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #36
RazorLED

At least my dealers being honest, he says he has no answers and doesn't know why he can place the orders yet but will let me know when it goes through. he even said that the guys on these forums no more than he does which is a shame I know but true.hahaha
Old 02-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #37
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
I think the bottom line is if you entered an order you should have a copy of it (I have a copy of the workbench doc with the gm order number which shows as entered in online order status.)

There shouldn't be any delay. My dealer and I together entered a stock order for my zl1, then he allocated to me as a sold order. Printed the workbench doc with the order number.

If you don't have the workbench order number, then the dealer is doing some thing not right.

I'd ask for the order number then confirm gm has it and wait like the rest of us.

If dealer can't do that for you I'd find one that can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #38
RazorLED

I just got this email tonight for my dealer, it's as follows:

"Hello Greg,

Happy to report that we were able to get the order added to the system. Your order number is RQCGTQ. It is in the preliminary tab right now. Will update as it's status changes. I had thought that late mid to late March was good for you as far as delivery."

woohoo I'm stoked
Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #39
Highland Ranger

Quote:
I just got this email tonight for my dealer, it's as follows:

"Hello Greg,

Happy to report that we were able to get the order added to the system. Your order number is RQCGTQ. It is in the preliminary tab right now. Will update as it's status changes. I had thought that late mid to late March was good for you as far as delivery."

woohoo I'm stoked
Congrats. you should be able to go here: http://www.chevrolet.com/order-tracking.html in a day or two and see it in gm's production system.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #40
RazorLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
Congrats. you should be able to go here: http://www.chevrolet.com/order-tracking.html in a day or two and see it in gm's production system.
Cool, Thanks. is that usually how long it takes a day or two to hit their system to begin tracking?

I'm going to be optimistic about the mid to late March delivery I'm expecting probably first or second week of April.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #41
Highland Ranger

Quote:
Cool, Thanks. is that usually how long it takes a day or two to hit their system to begin tracking?

I'm going to be optimistic about the mid to late March delivery I'm expecting probably first or second week of April.

We pushed the button around 7pm. order was there the following morning.

If you get lucky and there are no constraints 6-8 weeks can happen.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #42
Oregonfield

Drives: 2014 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Three things here: First, the 1LE and ZL1 haven't been in production for like two months now, so there shouldn't be (and I haven't heard reported) of any wheel shortages. Second, as they aren't currently being produced, they aren't being produced slowly. And third, the Z28 and 1LE/ZL1 use different wheels (and the Zl1 has two wheel options).

Regardless of items on constraint, the orders will be accepted. They just won't progress through the system until parts are available.

So it sounds like you misunderstood, or more likely, he's blowing smoke for some reason. In any case, I'd be suspicious and get clarification, or take your business elsewhere.
That's amazing insite JimE you must work for GM?
I hadn't heard of any wheel shortages either but it was interesting he mentioned this, didn't misunderstand what he was saying to me and I can't think of any reason why he would lie or blow smoke up my a~~ since I already committed to the purchase.
Who would you suggest I get clarification from ? Your source? Maybe I'll just take your advice and scrap the last 4 months I've spent working with the largest Camaro dealer in Oregon. Ya Right!
Oregonfield is offline   Reply With Quote