Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #43
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
27k on mine, hard driving race track days, all good....
Old 08-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #44
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Magnum, were you able to find out if the intake manifold spacer caused any leaks?
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #45
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
Magnum, were you able to find out if the intake manifold spacer caused any leaks?
When I did a boost leak test only leak I had was from the plenum spacer OEM gasket, the spacers themselves were fine. Right now though I have them off and will see if my car with the same exact setup minus the spacers will run better than 13.1 @ 110 mph. Tonight I will put the link to where I bought my leak tester on the post, it helps a lot.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #46
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
When I did a boost leak test only leak I had was from the plenum spacer OEM gasket, the spacers themselves were fine. Right now though I have them off and will see if my car with the same exact setup minus the spacers will run better than 13.1 @ 110 mph. Tonight I will put the link to where I bought my leak tester on the post, it helps a lot.
Thanks, I was actually going to ask about the leak tester. And can you give me a recommendation on the gauges to get? You said AFM is important, and I got the 2LT so I already have the oil temp and pressure gauge in the cluster. I'd prefer to go digital
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #47
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Couple things... Couldn't a guy make his own leak tester? Couple hose clamps, a silicone coupler, a PVC end cap with an air line fitting screwed into it? Either use the regular on the compressor, or one in line at the fitting to adjust "the boost"? Is that basically what it is? I could see making what I just mentioned above for less than 10-15 bucks in parts assuming a guy already had a regulator. How much is a "real" boost leak tester?

Do they make an upgraded compressor wheel for the V3 SCi? I stumbled across this:
http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/...h_impeller.php
It doesn't say it's compatible with the v3, but a little searching shows that it has been done.

Spin to 60k? Could pulley down some more.

More boost without even changing the pulley?

Could be interesting?

Let me know if I should delete this? Seemed like it might be good food for thought?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #48
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Couple things... Couldn't a guy make his own leak tester? Couple hose clamps, a silicone coupler, a PVC end cap with an air line fitting screwed into it? Either use the regular on the compressor, or one in line at the fitting to adjust "the boost"? Is that basically what it is? I could see making what I just mentioned above for less than 10-15 bucks in parts assuming a guy already had a regulator. How much is a "real" boost leak tester?

Do they make an upgraded compressor wheel for the V3 SCi? I stumbled across this:
I paid around $40 for my boost leak tester, pretty cheap since it is already assembled, and the parts work. You can make your own but I would be extremely careful, 10 PSI might not sound like much but when it fails it will hurt if it hits you.

For the compressor wheel, I think you can upgrade to the Vortech Si impellor, it will do up to 22 PSI. It will also increase your boost 2 PSI across the board from what I've read. It is around $500 though, I might do it later when my car runs great.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #49
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
Thanks, I was actually going to ask about the leak tester. And can you give me a recommendation on the gauges to get? You said AFM is important, and I got the 2LT so I already have the oil temp and pressure gauge in the cluster. I'd prefer to go digital
Updated the 2nd post with Accessories and added what I could think of. I will probably add more as time goes by, hard to do all this in one sitting.

If anybody else has ANY recommendations on gauges that they would like to show in that section, please post it here and I will put it there. Or any other accessory that you think is helpful. I would like people who are viewing this to have some extra options instead of what I just own. The gauges I use are extremely versatile, the only reason I would recommend them.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #50
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Hey magnum with the leak proof tester . Did you go with 15 psi gauge ? T clamp? . Going to order tonight
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #51
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Hey magnum with the leak proof tester . Did you go with 15 psi gauge ? T clamp? . Going to order tonight
I ordered a 30 PSI gauge since I planned on going up in boost to 16. For the T-Clamp I didn't go with, but they did a upgrade to dual t-clamps for free.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #52
Black Knight

Nice . Could I use a air compressor that I plug into my lighter jak. It's just goes on and off theirs no way to set it up to not go higher than 10psi ?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #53
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Nice . Could I use a air compressor that I plug into my lighter jak. It's just goes on and off theirs no way to set it up to not go higher than 10psi ?
No clue, I have a Ryobi air compressor that I use, the most I could get the PSI was up to 12, think I would need something even more powerful to get higher. Don't forget to take your oil cap off or you could over pressurize your crankcase.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #54
Black Knight

It's the (3.5)in I'm guessing right

Edit found answer on 1st page 3.5

Last edited by Black Knight; 08-07-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: .
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #55
Black Knight

Could I use a pump like this lol
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2014, 03:35 AM   #56
paraphlax

Drives: 2012 LFX Bumblebee IPF Supercharged
Yes and please post a video here as well.... :-)