Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
MyLink bluetooth bug?

I'm all into the media offered by MyLink. I connect my phone, a high capacity thumb drive, etc., I use Pandora and Stitcher *and* Google Music via Bluetooth.

The last one is sometimes a problem though....it's a little wonky sometimes.

I use the Samsung Galaxy Note II and I like to play the mp3s off my phone (and sometimes using Google Music All Access too...great service). Sometimes, when doing different operations (like switching to USB and back or even running out of music in my phone queue), MyLink goes into a weird pause mode and I can't seem to get it to unpause and begin playing music again.

I know my description makes very little sense -- this is partially because I've yet to find a pattern of how to force the issue to occur and how to stop it once it has started.

Basically, the screen simply says "Paused" and looks like I should just be able to unpause and continue. When I hit that option, nothing happens. Often, the phone continues to show progress (i.e., the counter will continue playing) but not audio comes through the speakers.

If I keep hitting buttons, changing modes, clearing the queue and restarting, etc., I can eventually luck into Bluetooth music working again.

I wish I could explain this a little more clearly -- I'm hoping that someone else who has experienced this exact issue might be able to better clarify what's happening and perhaps offer a work-around. If you don't stream mp3s off your phone, you'll likely never see this issue.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I have a 2011 so no MyLink but I have seen the bluetooth go batty. One day on a phone call it would not let me hang up. I finally turned bluetooth off on the phone, but the car did not reset until I turned the car off. It had me worried but I never saw it again after several years.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
AllBlackSS

Drives: 2010 SS
When playing Pandora with my iPhone, it always pauses about 20-30 seconds into the first song I play. However, after it pauses I just hit play and it starts playing again.
AllBlackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmike View Post
When playing Pandora with my iPhone, it always pauses about 20-30 seconds into the first song I play. However, after it pauses I just hit play and it starts playing again.
Wow...that is weird. Do you think it has anything to do with buffering? Are you on 4g? Did you configure Pandora to use the highest quality or medium quality?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
I experience this issue frequently. However, to be fair, I haven't seen it for a few days. When this happens to me the quickest way to rectify the problem is to delete the phone from the car's bluetooth settings and then delete the car from the phone's bluetooth settings. Once the devices are deleted I pair the two together and it works flawlessly for a few days, at least until it decides to crash again.

If you visit the audio section of this forum or search specifically for my screen name you will find the numerous threads posted about this very issue. You'll discover that several members have the same issue and that Chevy or it's dealers offer very little advice on the matter. I've come to the conclusion that the Bluetooth integration for the Camaro's MyLink is very poor and filled with bugs. Some days it works flawlessly and other days it doesn't work at all. I have no idea if it's a Chevy issue or a iOS or Android issue but whatever the cause, it sucks to have to delete and repair my phone every other day.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
What is your version of MyLink?

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
I experience this issue frequently. However, to be fair, I haven't seen it for a few days. When this happens to me the quickest way to rectify the problem is to delete the phone from the car's bluetooth settings and then delete the car from the phone's bluetooth settings. Once the devices are deleted I pair the two together and it works flawlessly for a few days, at least until it decides to crash again.

If you visit the audio section of this forum or search specifically for my screen name you will find the numerous threads posted about this very issue. You'll discover that several members have the same issue and that Chevy or it's dealers offer very little advice on the matter. I've come to the conclusion that the Bluetooth integration for the Camaro's MyLink is very poor and filled with bugs. Some days it works flawlessly and other days it doesn't work at all. I have no idea if it's a Chevy issue or a iOS or Android issue but whatever the cause, it sucks to have to delete and repair my phone every other day.
Thanks...I should've checked there first, but I was too wrapped up in trying to explain how it happens lol

I get the sense that the weakness is in MyLink. MyLink is better than most factory systems, but it still mostly sucks in my opinion. It's really the only thing about the Camaro for which I'm constantly complaining. If I thought I could go with an aftermarket system and get it to work flawlessly with Camaro systems, I'd do it in an instant. Most of the technology (display, processor, etc.,) feels years old to me. There's no excuse (to me anyway) that the system doesn't flow as quickly and smoothly as an Android or IOS....in fact, considering that those operating systems are already well developed, it should be based on one of them entirely....with apps that control the important default features.

oh well...I just assume the world should be more super high tech
Old 09-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
What is your version of MyLink?
I'm not 100% sure how to check -- unless through the config menu

You mean this?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 AM   #9
BIG NASST

Drives: 2013 2ss hotwheels
I use Samsung also same problem i thought I was doing something wrong. I'llstart my car and it goes into paused mode.Now I'm sstarting my music before i turn on the car it seems to link up better
BIG NASST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 AM   #10
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Mine does that sometimes when I have spotify playing and then try to switch to Bluetooth. If I switch the radio first then start spotify I don't have the problem.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #11
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
On occasion, when switching between different media players on the phone, I've seen MyLink 'Pause' to allow a seamless transition between media types.

For example, when switching from the phone's media player to Pandora, it will 'Pause' until Pandora is prepared to start playing music. If you have access to a different phone, test to see if the same response happens. It may be the way your phone is sending its Bluetooth signal or the way the MyLink is receiving the change in media type.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
Goodels
2013 Camaro 1LT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
I have this same problem with my IPhone. Been wondering about it. Please do keep tell if you find anything
Goodels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #13
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Same here... I just restart headunit & it fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #14
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
This could be the reason. Try and see if this could be it. Typically when you leave you house or sometimes work your phone is connected to MyLink but is also connected to your WiFi at home. Once you pull out of range from the WiFi your device will switch over to 4G. This will pause the stream until the 4G is established. You would then need to restart the media player

Tags
bluetooth problem, paused