Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
muSScle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anyone else notice?? Paint doesn't match

I've had my Victory Red 2SS/RS for over a month now and several times it has been brought to my attention neither the driver's or passenger doors match the color of the rear quarters.... Salesman agrees, saying the doors and quarters are painted at different times.... that might explain it.... Is that really acceptable ?? Anyone else notice this or is it being to picky, or what ???
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Haven't heard this by anyone. I won't have mine for another 6 weeks. Mine will be Rally Yellow so the contrast might not be as noticeable. Sorry about that. Will the dealer warr this paint problem??
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
muSScle

Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Haven't heard this by anyone. I won't have mine for another 6 weeks. Mine will be Rally Yellow so the contrast might not be as noticeable. Sorry about that. Will the dealer warr this paint problem??
I haven't made a real issue out of it with the dealer... yet Tired of people asking if the door or something was re-painted already....
Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Mine is the aqua blue and depending on what angle and the light you look at in it appears that the colors are not the same but they are it's an illusion. Are you sure that's not your case too? It's the paints chameleon effect.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
I have a SIM, and mine does not match either. Mine is very noticable. And no, it is not an illusion, the paint does not match. We have sent pics to the Mid-west GM rep and trying to come up with a resolution.
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
bummer......
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
Mine is Rally Yellow but other than the standard Orange Peel it looks great.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
muSScle

Wish it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblu View Post
Mine is the aqua blue and depending on what angle and the light you look at in it appears that the colors are not the same but they are it's an illusion. Are you sure that's not your case too? It's the paints chameleon effect.
I want to believe it's an illusion..... kinda makes sense, but I'm having my doubts lately... I will take it up with my salesman / Dealer and get more input...... kinda glad to hear I'm not alone on this.... but will hate it for myself or anyone else that would have to have major warranty paint work done....
Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #9
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
I have aqua blue, but I'm not sure.
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
I've noticed that effect on some Camaro's, even mine at times. However, I think it's just the angle of the quarter panel vs. the angle of the door, especially when it's closed. If you pop the door open and it's at the same angle as the quarter, the color is a match. It's more noticeable in the light than shade, and worst head on. Of course, in your case it could be a legitimate paint mismatch- I thought the doors and everything were painted at once.

Quick story in relation to this- I was a painter at a large Chevy dealer in the 90's- I painted a work box (the kind that replaces the bed on a truck) and when done, it didn't look like it matched. So, I painted the cab/doors on the truck with the same paint, and it still didn't match. It was the same issue- the rounded door panel reflected light different than the flat box panels.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2009, 03:58 AM   #11
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
i also have this problem. my gas lid, front end, and back end are a lighter shade(brighter metallic) colour. you can't notice unless you're close, but i see it everyday and it bothers me still.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:09 AM   #12
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a SiM and it all matches perfect, except the front Fascia. There are spots where angels make a difference, but the front does not match and is one shade off. Not enough to bother me, but not perfect.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #13
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
My Inferno Orange Metallic also has this issue.. The doors and side mirrors are off in comparison to the surrounding areas. Surprisingly my front bumper matches perfectly so I guess I was lucky... I really don't care at this point since I simply tell everyone that it is a chameleon color and is supposed to look different at different angles.. However if you have a flat color like victory red, this type of thing is not as easily explained away... Post some closeups of yours to see how bad it is..
Old 08-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #14
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Inferno Orange Metallic does look like a different color at different angles. It's a Metallic paint kids!