Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
hiway61revisted

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2000 Silverado
THIS IS SILLY, I KNOW

First off I love my cammy, but was wanting to ask others about the loop that is on your seat which the seat belt goes thru, to keep it tethered, mine keep coming un-snapped, it really doesn't seem to snap but is magnetic or am I not pushing it in hard enough to snap, the annoyance is only minor and not a complaint,lol
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I noticed the same thing, mine came unsnapped for no apparent reason (but it has stayed since I snapped it back in). What bothers me more is that there is no way for me to adjust the seat belt position -- it tends to rest against my neck. Irritating and possibly also dangerous. I guess I could raise my seat more, but I have it in a good position otherwise.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Big_T

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It is magnetic, and I believe it is designed to pop off in case of side airbag deployment, but it still should stay in place all other times unless you apply pressure (tug on or other) to the strap.

I as well get irritated by the belt position, and often twist the belt before latch it to reposition the shoulder strap to the left center of my chest which puts it in a more comfortable position. Not the best thing to do, but I do make sure that it is tight enough that it will still hold me in place in an accident.
Big_T is offline   Reply With Quote