Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
Robmpps

Drives: Camaro Z/LT, Kia Soul, Mini CooperS
2015 Z/LT (Z/28 Clone Looks only)

So, I bought my Camaro on May 30th of 2015. I have always been a follower of the 5th gen and have been following this website for a few years. I have always wanted to make a build page for my slowmaro.

I bought the 1LT v6 auto. The only features on the model I bought different from the base 1LT is the added Boston Acoustics radio upgrade. (Didn't even come with a spoiler.)

First thing done to this Camaro was buy the Z/28 spoiler. Less than a week after I purchased the Camaro, the spoiler was installed.
Attached Images

Robmpps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
Robmpps

After a few weeks of owning this car I decided to plasti-dip the bow-ties. They didn't come out as bad as I thought they would.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
Robmpps

After a few months I picked up a used set of the 21" brushed aluminum Hot Wheels Edition wheels.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2016, 09:18 PM   #4
Robmpps

Now comes the good stuff, IMHO, the custom badges. It took me about nine months to come up with the unique badging and actually find the correct looking pieces. Now, I'm NOT looking to badge my car as the Z/28, just maybe the "Z" part, of course. Then I had to find the corresponding "LT" part of the badge. It was nearly impossible to find something with the "LT" that had the perfect slant of the iconic "Z" with the "/." However, I found that the Chevy Sonic LT and LTZ badging had a very close degree to the slant that I needed to get that perfect/near perfect OEM look for my Camaro. So, I had to order the "Z/28" and "Sonic LT" badges because they do not sell the letters individually. So now I'm left with the "Sonic 28" badges. lol

Installing the badges I needed to remove the "CAMARO" letters from both front fenders. Those came off pretty easily with a blow dryer I borrowed from my wife. Then I went through so many different pictures of the actual Z/28 just to get the positioning of the badges correct.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #5
Robmpps

Finally got the Z/28 replicas by MRR design back in March of 2016. I got the 23mm up front and the 43mm for the back.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
Robmpps

Took about two weeks to get the tires mounted then get the wheels aligned. I am loving the way the car looks now.

I did not believe what everyone was saying about that pictures do not do these wheels any justice, but I can sure try.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #7
Robmpps

Much more to come. I will be adding some of the future add-ons that I will be doing to the car very soon.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 PM   #8
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Very nice! Are you gonna go all out with the z/28 body kit?

FIRE-EMS-Tundra-Club
Member #88
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #9
Robmpps

Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
Very nice! Are you gonna go all out with the z/28 body kit?

FIRE-EMS-Tundra-Club
Member #88
Yeah. Full kit is on the agenda. Just waiting for a bit more information. I've been searching everywhere looking for why the Z/28 front lip, some vendors say it won't work on the v6 and some say it will.

If anyone here can help me with that, it would be very much appreciated.

Just trying to avoid having to buy an SS front bumper just to get the lip to fit.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #10
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
There is one on Instagram that i saw...guy said it bolted up with just slight modification.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #11
Robmpps

So I pulled the trigger and bought the Z/28 front Lip/lower air damn/spoiler/splitter. Every vendor calls it something different. I got the one with the extra piece on each side for the fender flares. It didn't come out too expensive. I'm a little worried about the fitment and paint.

I'll take pictures and update once it arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
There is one on Instagram that i saw...guy said it bolted up with just slight modification.
I found one guy on Instagram with a V6 and the lip and it looks sick. His Camaro is on Bags so when its lowered it looks very nice. I wonder how mine will look not being lowered. If it doesn't work then I'll just have to wait till I get the SS front Bumper.

Thanks for the help though.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #12
Robmpps

Wow!!! I'm feeling so regretful now that I've taken my Camaro to three people and none of them will do the work to fit this Z/28 lip to my V6 bumper without charging me an arm and a leg. It looks as if I'm going to have to buy the SS front bumper just to get this lip on my car. In the end it will still be cheaper than customizing the lip to fit my car.

Oh well, wish me luck and hope for pics soon. For now I'll leave you pictures of the lip on my living room floor.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #13
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Looks good
Old 02-28-2017, 10:31 PM   #14
Robmpps

Finally back on track

So, after this long time of waiting, I finally got the balls the cut up the Z/28 lip and put it together my self and mount it on my car. So I went to fit the lip to see where I need to modify the lip. I did all this just to find out that the Z/28 lip fits great just with a small gap. Damn! How embarrassing. It fits. All I have to do now is prep for paint and find someone to paint it. F that! I ended up spending about $25 on primer, sandpaper, then paint (Walmart rattle cans paint) more sandpaper, then polish and damn. Looks amazing! Took the lip to a friends house mounted it securely and done.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  158.4 KB