Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #29
leedsladmatt

Drives: 2001 Audi A6
interesting point Turbo, guess the question here would be is it worth about 20K for a rhd version and i think that answers itself...

I recall seeing the V6 mustangs in the trader, values seem to have been hammered compared to the V8's saw one go for 13k not so long back (my boss at work was fancying it but the mrs wouldnt let him )
leedsladmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #30
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
Well cars are always more expensive in the UK. I don't see the V8 Camaro being more expensive than the comparable Vauxhall. It needs to match the Mustang in price.
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #31
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Imported Mustangs (don't forget, they are not sold by Ford in the UK) retail around £25k, the Vauxhall VXR8 is £35k. The Camaro will be much more expensive than the Mustang, but I'm sure Vauxhall will claim that's because it'll be RHD, blah blah blah.

Either way, I can't wait for it to arrive over here.
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
...I reckon it's going to be...
I'm sorry to interrupt, but the mental image of a british accent saying "I reckon" the way it's said here is hilarious.

Sorry, just being odd.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #33
JeepinMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
The Camaro will be much more expensive than the Mustang
Camaro's goal is to match the Stang within a couple hundred of dollars. It has to. The cost for a Mustang will be roughly the cost of a Camaro
Old 07-30-2007, 10:20 PM   #34
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
Camaro's goal is to match the Stang within a couple hundred of dollars. It has to. The cost for a Mustang will be roughly the cost of a Camaro
HERE it is. But (and I could be wrong) depending on how importation laws, and agreements work, it could be a lot more over in Europe.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #35
JeepinMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
HERE it is. But (and I could be wrong) depending on how importation laws, and agreements work, it could be a lot more over in Europe.
Yeah I'm sure that will add some to it. But the import cost for the Stang will probably be the same, so they'll even out. Importing stuff into the US is hard enough as it is. Almost impossible if it's not over 25 years old.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #36
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Ooh, more UK peeps!

I hadn't considered the Camaro competing with the VXR8 in price terms. I own a Monaro VXR and wholey expect to be looking to swap to the Camaro (damn, I AM!). However, GM being GM, I doubt it will - the VXR8 is a four door car - it's bloody big (I drove one last week and it defies it's size with that chassis - brilliant car - hate it's looks though!).

But being in Rip-Off-Britain we'll pay top dollar. To be honest, I'd rather have a US car in LHD if we're expected to pay nearly £40k for it in RHD. Sod that. I was set on a Corvette but refused to pay twice what the American's do - and I can't help feeling the same for the Camaro.

But, that said, I will have one. Oh yes. You just watch me!

On a side note, if there are enough of us we should make it known over here in convoy!
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote