Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #43
Gman1135

Drives: 2011 Camaro,2SS,RS,M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
I'm worried about long term reliability. I don't think these parts have been updated or there would be a TSB. What's to say the same damn problem won't happen again with the new parts since this is supposedly a design defect?
Yes I would not want the same problem a few hundred miles down the road. Thats if I can get any thing done now, hope I can recreate the grind.
Gman1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #44
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilzfire View Post
Mine does that they can't replicate it even after having it over night on a winter day the next morning it wouldn't do it for them.

It acted great for 3 days in fact after it got back and then started up again. Does it randomly and it sometimes sounds like I don't know how to drive a stick type of noise. But it's like foot to the floor the trans should not engage with the clutch in at all.
Do what i did email the link to GM..
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #45
SS>GT

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
You'll need a little pump thing to get the fluid in if you DIY. Also, make sure you loosen the FILL screw first, then the drain. It would suck to drain all your fluid then have a problem with the fill plug not coming out!!!

The little pump thing just screws on the top of the bottle and is a hand pump deal.

Will the Mobil One ATF work for an ls3? ATF is for automatic transimissions, is it not?
SS>GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #46
SS>GT

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilzfire View Post
Jeff,
The tech declined a ride with me and as I stated it amazingly felt great while I drove it home and for the next couple days. Speaking to him I was a little upset with 40k new car and nothing to be done.

The tech explained that he contacted his Chevy rep and the rep stated that the car he was driving (manual 2SS) was doing the same thing! But without a authorization from chevy to do a specific service on it and not being able to reproduce the problem the tech was left without any options. He told me not to worry that I had years of warrenty left and if it was doing what I stated that it was not hurting the vehicle. He said once a work order came in for it or it got worse we could get something accomplished.

Since then I have drove it all winter and it just does that a random 2nd gear grind that is loud will happen some days (first time shift into 2nd). Hard to get into 2nd and 3rd for the first couple minutes with a flutter at times into 3rd.

The reason I know it's got an issue is it is smooth and non-problematic for the rest of the time I drive it (post the first couple minutes while cold). It was easy to reassure myself that it was not the driver causing any issues because of the good performance once it is warmed up.

+1.

Dealer told me the same thing. techs words exactly were "once it breaks, we can fix it. for now, we'll have to wait becuase GM wont accept work done on a part that isnt broken."
SS>GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #47
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
Mine did that the first 5k miles and seemed to clear up around the 6k mark. I have 10,510 on the odometer now, and it is a 2011 LS6
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
kilzfire, I just checked back through the case I made for you and I would like to direct message you to discuss the case. Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #49
Gman1135

Drives: 2011 Camaro,2SS,RS,M6
M6

Took mine to the dealer monday. Told them what is was doing and this is what I got.
Attached Images

Gman1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 AM   #50
pogiskier

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss black,hurst shifter
I picked my car up this morning they did a tranny swap in two days and it shifts better now than when I first bought it. I hope your dealers do the same for ya all!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #51
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1135 View Post
Took mine to the dealer monday. Told them what is was doing and this is what I got.
I've received the same crap, if the other camaro is doing the same I would be inclined to say the other car is messed up to, the "operating as designed" cop out is getting old, there are updated 2nd gear parts out due to this problem, and some posts I've read state their 2nd gear was in backwards, man up GM and fix your junk! It's really too bad GM has to be treating its customers like this, didn't you just about go out of business? Well guess what, if you keep treating people like crap and the people quit buying your cars again you will be done, wise up and start treating people with problems fair by fixing your bad junk!
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #52
pablowest

Drives: 1996 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogiskier View Post
Hey Jeff,
I am going in today, I will post here how it goes. thanks for all your input.
Todd
Hi Todd. I am curious about the transmission you are using, how it is going?
pablowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #53
Bigslick440

Drives: 2011 SS
Had my tranny replaced issue worst than ever. Gonna trade this car in huge disappointment I would not recommend this car to anyone.
Bigslick440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #54
Foreverman

Drives: 1SS-RS
Add me to the list of affected owners. I live in Austin where the weather is always warm and snows about once every 2 years. Weather does not have to be all that cold for this to happen. I am getting used to babying it the first 5 min of driving ... discouraging.
Foreverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #55
SilverFire

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2LT/RS
Sigh. I'm in the same camp. I've noticed the shift-into-first problems that Piticu667 has posted (and some embarassingly panicked moments where I couldn't shift into first when the light turned green), but I wrote those off as quirks. I also noticed it was hard to downshift from 2nd -> 1st, and I just dealt with that. Then around 5k I started getting the grinding sounds at cold/warming up speeds in mid-range RPMs in 1st and 2nd. The dealer I bought it from has not been very helpful on this issue or really, any other issue, and I feel like I have to fight them to get anything done. I was thinking about taking it in Friday and offering to demonstrate to the tech what I was talking about, but due to that TSBM, it seems like a wasted effort. Well, I hope that mine will clear up around 6k also. I sure haven't abused my car!
SilverFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #56
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
SilverFire, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have run into with your vehicle. Have you spoken with any other GM dealers in your area to see if they might be more willing to do the work for you? Also have you at any time spoken with our Customer Assistance team on this occurence as well? For those having these issues, could you also direct message me a short description of your experience with the problem. I will do what I can to assist all of you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote