Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #43
Z28SSC

Drives: 84 Z28, 94 Z28, 04 Goat
Looks excellent. The B pillar is tiny. Not in love with the antenna.. but other than that no gripes at all. (Quite a shame there wasn't more SD Card space....)

I know the paint looks woeful, but are we reeeally gonna gripe about the paint quality on a car half a year from production? It'll get there. I'll take two black ones and a red please.
Z28SSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #44
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
HOLY BLACK CAMARO, BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Maybe we'll be getting a black one instead of yellow, that is one INTIMIDATING BEAST!! WOW!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #45
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Rear end

The reason the rear end does not look the same is....
1)It's missing the spoiler/lip at the top.
2)The hitch and other plugs used for testing.
3)The bumper seams to be more indented/less pronounce than that of the concepts. ( I have extensive collection of concepts taken by me and downloaded.)
4)The lights are not the same quality finish as those used on the concept. The backup lights that worked great on the concept are just silver/white trim on this. The addition/relocation of back up lamps. The turn signals on the side have been moved slightly and enlarged/chaged.
5) the Gas cap is not on top.
6)exhaust covers/tips are missing
7) probably more stuff if you look harder

Thats just the rear end , the question is. Will these changes be permanent or just part of the testing/learning process. I.E. spoiler, exhaust tips. Probably not.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #46
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Okay, to properly put my first reaction into words I gotta qoute the message I sent my brother where I included the link to this thread:

"Gagagagagagbebebeebe aghahghahg nnnooooo ccccaaaammmoooooooo in goood quaaallliittyyy!!!! Seeeeeeeeeee!

Now that I've settled down a little, I gott say I'm loving this car even more if that's possible! Not even my biggest gripe the gas door is bothering me, it looks totally okay in these pics.

Damn I need to start making money....
Old 03-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #47
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
B-E-A-utiful!!!! Thats all I can say.
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #48
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Mmmmmhmm! I wish these shots would come out about once every week...that would make me happy These shots are AMAZING...and it's interesting that they show up on the same day we get a video clip of Ed dropping a "not-so-subtle" hint at the SS. So, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed, the interior...seems to still be the same...just from a glance! That's fine, too, I'm not really worried, because I'd be fine with the interior that we've seen in spyshots so far!! I just want some comfortable, supportive seats...like a set of Recaros ...with SS or Z28 or Camaro embroidery......OOOOOOOOOOOOO....What would be extremely cool, would be to see the Camaro symbol embroidered into the headrest.

Request: I don't know who makes smiley's but can I get one made like but have the smiley turn into the red/white/blue Camaro symbol ?!?!?! I just think that would be awesome

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #49
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Is it just me or does the front look "more pointed" than before? It might just be the angle of the pic (2nd one), but the nose looks like it's been pulled out a little bit...most noticeable right above the grille. Also looks like the "chin" sticks out a little further than the ones we saw in Austraila all camo'd up.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #50
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
man i don't like the headlights though and the hitch?!?! redneck city i should get a camary instead...
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #51
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
I hope those headlights make it into production!

Are they gonna move the gas cap?

What motor is in it?

Sorry, j/k I just can't seem to help myself!

Very nice!!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #52
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
man i don't like the headlights though and the hitch?!?! redneck city i should get a camary instead...
You serious?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #53
coolcamaroZ28
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2010SS/1995 Z28/2005 CTSV/2007 TBSS
Wow, looks awesome! Can't wait to get one. With that up close frontal shot, I am more worried than ever, despite the repeated attempts to make us think otherwise, that those are the new headlights. They look like they're pretty well fit in there and I don't remember seeing ones like that at Autozone, nor do they appear glued in there. Still got my fingers crossed that they're saving the best reveal for last and we'll get halos like on the concept, or at least the combo light from Bumblebee. Two headlights just don't look right in my opinion...
coolcamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #54
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You serious?
If he is, thats a new record for questions about the headlights, over 50 posts. If he isn't, then its ground breaking that nobody has asked yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcamaroZ28 View Post
Wow, looks awesome! Can't wait to get one. With that up close frontal shot, I am more worried than ever, despite the repeated attempts to make us think otherwise, that those are the new headlights. They look like they're pretty well fit in there and I don't remember seeing ones like that at Autozone, nor do they appear glued in there. Still got my fingers crossed that they're saving the best reveal for last and we'll get halos like on the concept, or at least the combo light from Bumblebee. Two headlights just don't look right in my opinion...
I think that GM has a generic housing for headlights, as well as a cheap set of lights to with it. its probably in a couple different versions and can be trimmed to fit. Autozone and hot glue were exadurations to get the point across that they aren't the real headlights. Thats what I would do if I were an automotive engineer at GM at least.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 03-10-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added responce to coolcamaro
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #55
Aries

Drives: GTS VIPER, GS400,
Man the headlights look like crap!!! I hope those aren't the production. LOL
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #56
PhilTheAsian824

Drives: 1991 Mazda MX-6 (sweet car)
New kid here!

WOW. Haha it is looking spankin.
The indented rear vents look kinda weird though... D:
I can't wait to see it with the production headlights! These're exciting times at Camaro5 aye?
PhilTheAsian824 is offline   Reply With Quote