Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
The ZL1 officially signed up for Autobahn (Joliet, IL)

Looking forward to having the zl1 on this track.(will have in car camera to post) The list of cars says i will have the only zl1, Its time to shine. Anyone from the south side of chicago it would be nice to see another zl1 there blasting around the track.
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
SSeemego

Drives: 2016 1SS Hyper Blue 6M MRC NPP
Jbotta,
Thanks for the link. Great to watch. I pick my ZL1 up on Friday, drive 1000 miles home so it should be broken in time to get to Summit Point in May and VIR in June. Can't wait.

I look forward to seeing your in car video. Also expect a full write up

Gary
SSeemego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I really need to play the lotto.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
jbotta

We are so lucky to have a bad ass track here. The zl1 was built for this. They took out a golf course and built a track that is wide open. Cant wait to really open this bad boy up, and see how it handles the fast turns. We are so lucky to have this car that will perform around a race track.I would rather do this than drag race. I bought the zl1 for the handling sometimes it not all about hp.
rock on guys///
joe
Old 04-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
The zl1 was built for this. Cant wait to really open this bad boy up, and see how it handles the fast turns. We are so lucky to have this car that will perform around a race track.
joe
I Agree!

Which membership would I need to run there? The touring membership ain't bad (price wise) but anything above that...oofda. Or do they have special track days where you can just pay for the day?

I would be interested in the touring membership but it sounds like you can only run during the track lunch break. And only at limited speeds with no passing.

Any information you could give me on any of this would be much appreciated.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
jbotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post
I Agree!

Which membership would I need to run there? The touring membership ain't bad (price wise) but anything above that...oofda. Or do they have special track days where you can just pay for the day?

I would be interested in the touring membership but it sounds like you can only run during the track lunch break. And only at limited speeds with no passing.

Any information you could give me on any of this would be much appreciated.
track days, there is a company called laps inc, they rent the track out for the entire day for 300$ as many laps as you want, you can look up on line for all the days they do this. The track is smooth and fast , They open the hole track for the day, and you can drive as fast as you can. You can see vid on u tube (joliet autobahn) its better than playing golf. LOL
Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Rice Killer
Cooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
track days, there is a company called laps inc, they rent the track out for the entire day for 300$ as many laps as you want, you can look up on line for all the days they do this. The track is smooth and fast , They open the hole track for the day, and you can drive as fast as you can. You can see vid on u tube (joliet autobahn) its better than playing golf. LOL
Perfect! Thanks for the info.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
jbotta

Here is a good look at the track,Watch where his breaks fade in the vid, the zl1 breaks are not suposed to fade.If they do and you go off the course your at least not crashing into a guard rail, I really like that the track is safer than most. Will post vids

Last edited by jbotta; 04-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Rice Killer
Cooter

That's a cool vid. Really gives one a good idea of the track. The passenger was having as much fun as the driver. You are right, a lot of space to get stopped before hitting something. Definitely a bonus! I probably won't have mine til June sometime but will definitely venture down there. Do you ever come up to Road America?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
4fbodys

Drives: 3 3rd gens 1 4th gen
Sseemego would love to see you at summit point I live like 20 min for there and I have my own car on the way tpw of 5/14/12
4fbodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
jbotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post
That's a cool vid. Really gives one a good idea of the track. The passenger was having as much fun as the driver. You are right, a lot of space to get stopped before hitting something. Definitely a bonus! I probably won't have mine til June sometime but will definitely venture down there. Do you ever come up to Road America?
the company laps inc rents the track there too, yes i am.My zl1 is now broke in, new oil and let me tell you get above 4000 rpm and the car comes alive, thats when it turns into the beast, going through the woods with the new mode 4 on the heads up desplay shows the g forceyour car is pulling is so awesome, the zl1 can do 1 g thats fantastic, driving fast through the woods i wasnt even close to 1g it handles that good, also love in mode 4 gives me the shift point lites your going to love the zl1
Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #12
jbotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fbodys View Post
Sseemego would love to see you at summit point I live like 20 min for there and I have my own car on the way tpw of 5/14/12
congrats , Once you get break in out of the way the car just comes alive
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
jbotta

The weather has been cool out, I can only amagine when temps get in the 80's and them supercar tires get hot and sticky man its going to be hooked up around the race track. Be careful when temps are cool little slippery at first, once the tires are warm you can tap that ass hard. I was banging through the woods today and i just was amazed how good the magnetic ride felt in sport mode 2
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I like the comment on winning the Lotto. Ditto!