Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
oka74

Drives: 2012 LT1 victory red
dissapointed on BA "premium" system

Hello all, thanks in advance for any suggestion to this thread, I got my camaro with the "premium" 9 speakers system. I hope not to hurt any feelings but, honestly, what a disappointing audio quality.

So, I have check several options, first thing I think I can do is to add an amp with a subwoofer, so here is the first question.

Does it matter if I the audio shop wants to hook the audio input for the amp from the rear speakers (instead of directly from the head)?,

Second question, Would anybody recommend to hook the BA speakers to the amp too (the rear and door speakers)?.

Please help. any suggestions welcome about how to upgrade the system to something better. I hate to say, I had a mazda with a Bose that had a WAY better audio quality.

cheers
oka74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
You are not hurting anybody's feelings with your assessment of the BA system. I used to have the BA system, but swapped out the factory amp for a JL Audio amp, swapped all the speakers for Alpine's, and added another amp to power a JL sub.

The easiest way to connect an aftermarket amp is to use the wiring harness from ********. Go to the ******** website and search for "FARK". This will allow you to swap out the BA amp for another, more powerful amp.

To answer your first question, I think I've read of user's tapping into the rear speakers for the sub.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Although I didn't do it, I've seen others that kept the stock speakers for front and rear and added an amp to them on here. You could even do a 5-channel amp in order to add your sub now and replace speakers later with better ones if you can't do it all at once.
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
oka74

Drives: 2012 LT1 victory red
Thanks Iwantone2 and Crutchfield.
I will search for prices and options.
oka74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
murdered

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Ann. Edition
Brooke, do you have the specs on the factory amp that could be compared against the ones on Crutchfield's website?

Tags
acoustics, audio, boston, quality, subwoofer