Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
oktc971

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
2010 Paint Issues

I have a 2010 Camaro. It should be a beautiful Black. It's too bad the paint is crap. Soft and is flaking off in places. Other spots it is so soft if I wipe it with a bath towel after I wash it, the paint scratches the black off to the white primer. My Dealership has painted about a quarter of it and put something like scotch tape on it to hold the paint on. They want the factory rep to veiw it but he or she cannot do anything until July; maybe. The funny thing is they will not give me the phone number or email address of the Rep. or the reps boss. I love the car but absolutely cannot stand the crappy paint job. When I talk to the Dennis at the customer service line I get the feeling they think if they stall me long enough I will just give up!!!!!!

If anyone has a Vice Presidents or CEO email address could you send it to me..

Thanks
oktc971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktc971 View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro. It should be a beautiful Black. It's too bad the paint is crap. Soft and is flaking off in places. Other spots it is so soft if I wipe it with a bath towel after I wash it, the paint scratches the black off to the white primer. My Dealership has painted about a quarter of it and put something like scotch tape on it to hold the paint on. They want the factory rep to veiw it but he or she cannot do anything until July; maybe. The funny thing is they will not give me the phone number or email address of the Rep. or the reps boss. I love the car but absolutely cannot stand the crappy paint job. When I talk to the Dennis at the customer service line I get the feeling they think if they stall me long enough I will just give up!!!!!!

Thanks
LEMON LAW !
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
wow imo, don't stand for that, that sucks!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilletAnything View Post
LEMON LAW !

Doesn't apply for bad paint ... Only applies if it keeps you from being able to operate the car or causes a safety concern.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
BBB that may help. Contact GM.... forget the dealership. Sounds like a crackpot dealership.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
this issue has stopped my camaro purchase dead in its track, i cant justify buying a high end car and the paint doesnt stick to it..... unacceptable seeing how its a known and bigger issue and GM is ignoring it
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:32 AM   #7
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
BBB that may help. Contact GM.... forget the dealership. Sounds like a crackpot dealership.

BBB complaint for GM ? I think they may have complaint or two against them already.

Get the dealer body shop to take lots of pics NOW, because the more you drive the car, the harder your case will be to prove in July or whenever the rep comes by.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfsabch View Post
this issue has stopped my camaro purchase dead in its track, i cant justify buying a high end car and the paint doesnt stick to it..... unacceptable seeing how its a known and bigger issue and GM is ignoring it

This is a $23K car. Not exactly "high end". But I do wonder if the $13K Cobalts have this issue with their paint, but I don't think they do.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
I've not had any issue other than some rock chips in mine, otherwise the paint looks very nice. Sorry to hear that. Post some pix, I've never seen anything but wet paint that will wipe off down to the primer with a bath towel!
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktc971 View Post

Thanks
Sorry about your paint only problems.

Mine was close tolerance body panels caused it to chip off. That is fixed no more problems.

Just a question you wipe your car off with a Bath towel?

Post some pics so we can see where and what you are talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfsabch View Post
I have heard of it being a minor issue/problem on the camaro. It is also a first year car little things to work out. If that is stopping your purchase sorry to hear that and as it has already been said it is not a high end car you want high end try ZR1, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce those are high end.
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote